(7) Single-Tracking in Manhattan

NX Express

Due to ongoing signal problems at the Grand Central-42nd Street Station, (7) train service is running on the Manhattan-bound tracks in both directions between the Queensboro Plaza Station and the Times Square-42nd Street Station.

As an alternate customers are advised to use (N) and (Q) train service at Queensboro Plaza and Times Square.

Please expect delays in (7) train service at this time.

And this is the beginning of the rush hour...not good!:eek:

This is crazy. Not Joking. While there is a service change, (7) train should not go to a single in both Flushing Main Street and Times Square bound trains. (7) trains should not run between Queensboro Plaza and the Times Square Station. This is because there will be some kind of mess up. When the Flushing Main Street (7) train meets the Times Square bound (7) train in 1 track, what will each train do, terminate at the nearest station, and then to it's terminal stop? The (N)(Q), and LIRR trains should provide alternative service.

Queensboro Plaza- (7)(N)(Q)- Queensboro Plaza

45th Road/Courthouse Square- (7)(N)(Q)- Queensboro Plaza

Hunters Point Avenue- LIRR Hunters Point Avenue Station. Flushing Main Street bound (7) to Woodside, and transfer to Long Island City or Hunters Point Avenue bound LIRR to Hunters Point Avenue Station

Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue- LIRR Long Island City Station. Flushing Main Street bound (7) to Woodside, and transfer to Long Island City bound LIRR to Long Island City Station.

Grand Central-42nd Street- (N)(Q)- Lexington Avenue-59th Street

5th Avenue-Bryant Park- (N)(Q)- 5th Avenue- 59th Street

Times Square-42nd Street- (N)(Q)- Times Square-42nd Street

This is crazy. Not Joking. While there is a service change, (7) train should not go to a single in both Flushing Main Street and Times Square bound trains. (7) trains should not run between Queensboro Plaza and the Times Square Station. This is because there will be some kind of mess up. When the Flushing Main Street (7) train meets the Times Square bound (7) train in 1 track, what will each train do, terminate at the nearest station, and then to it's terminal stop?

That is not what happened. The (7) was only single-tracking between Queensboro Plaza and Times Square. Trains were running in both directions between Queensboro Plaza and Main Street. I should know as I was caught in it.

And they should have no reason to single-track between Queensboro Plaza and Main Street as they have three tracks at their disposal, barring the highly unlikely event that two tracks are blocked simultaneously.

If an emergency cord is pulled, the crew finds where it's at, resets off and that's the end of it. The train proceeds normally.

Bill, today's Charlie Foxtrot on the (7) started with a BIE. A signal popped up under a train and it all went down hill from there.

I remember the day when fire incident at Chambers St relay room, and when (C) was suspended.

(A) was hold up at Jay St and Canal St because both trains were using single track right?

There was (MTA) workers making sure they don't bump into each other, right?

I think I remember this day (V) was sent to Euclid.

Lol, I remember this, fun stuff at Queensboro Plaza since I was going home from school. Waiting on the upper level until a PA annoucement told us to go downstairs and that the train is being sent back to Main Street. Of course everybody got on and the train was packed so I couldn't get on. As I waited for the second train. I saw the T/O that was supposedly taking the train back to Flushing to the front and talked with him, he said that apparently a transformer blew up on south of Grand Central and it was happening all day. When the 2nd train came, we thought it was going to be sent back but apparently it was going through and then I had to go back upstairs. What a workout. Had to skip the first (7) train also because it was so packed.

they've been doing single tracking mon-thurs during the midnights for many months.

the single tracking that occured yesterday was due to signal problems north of grand central which became apparent after a train went BIE twice. most trains were turned @ qboro.

I Know, Its got something to do with the fact the R142A equipment is coming over there by Next Month or November, It has to be, all those months of doing work in those tunnels, trust me, That's a red flag, I heard from a TA source that they are really going to do this swap in the Fall (october or November), I know for a fact that a trainset of R142A's are going to be at Corona very very soon, Guys Keep your eyes open now (nights) this can happen anytime between this month and october, Because they have to do burn testing first then train the T/O's and C/R's, so by january everything would be worked out as planned, but Not all of them are going overthere yet, maybe 2-5 trainsets at the most for training and testing and by the time the R188's come in to play, more shifting of the R142A's and R62A's will happen more than once a week.

I Know, Its got something to do with the fact the R142A equipment is coming over there by Next Month or November, It has to be, all those months of doing work in those tunnels, trust me, That's a red flag, I heard from a TA source that they are really going to do this swap in the Fall (october or November), I know for a fact that a trainset of R142A's are going to be at Corona very very soon, Guys Keep your eyes open now (nights) this can happen anytime between this month and october, Because they have to do burn testing first then train the T/O's and C/R's, so by january everything would be worked out as planned, but Not all of them are going overthere yet, maybe 2-5 trainsets at the most for training and testing and by the time the R188's come in to play, more shifting of the R142A's and R62A's will happen more than once a week.

With all due respect, is your TA source a cleaner?

R142's ARE NOT coming to the 7 line until the additional "insert" R142 cars are delivered that can make the trains 11 cars.

You must understand politics. The media will have a field day if the existing R142's are swapped with the 6 and 7 line riders lose a car in capacity. It will be deemed as a service cut as 11 car trains become 10 car trains because of the equipment swap.

Plus don't you think 6 line riders will pitch a bitch about losing their new trains? Bloomberg losing his new cars? Have you forgotten he rides the 6 to work?

With all due respect, is your TA source a cleaner?

R142's ARE NOT coming to the 7 line until the additional "insert" R142 cars are delivered that can make the trains 11 cars.

You must understand politics. The media will have a field day if the existing R142's are swapped with the 6 and 7 line riders lose a car in capacity. It will be deemed as a service cut as 11 car trains become 10 car trains because of the equipment swap.

Plus don't you think 6 line riders will pitch a bitch about losing their new trains? Bloomberg losing his new cars? Have you forgotten he rides the 6 to work?

Nope, But They are planing to do this, Im going to be honest, I disagree with this swaping crap, those R142A's need to stay on the (6), They are not going to do well on the (7), I heard they wanted to send atleast 3 of them (30 cars) for testing and all of that crap, It was mentioned on this site before by someone who works in the TA, But I agree with you on one thing, The Politics are going to go apeshit if they do this.

Bloomberg can go eff himself. He wasn't even supposed to be mayor at this time around anyway.

Archived