Premeptive P train warning

Kamen Rider

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just heard about this (P) train thing today.And yea they will probably use the 32's from 207th since they have every letter in the alphabet like R32 3838 said.This will be something

Just because the cars have every letter in the alphabet,does't mean they'll be used.it'll likely be R160A-1s being used.

Why not just add some (E) service (if not during the rush hour, then during other times definitely). The P would tie up W 4 Street junction.

Isn't the P train only going to run for one weekend in October? At least that's what seems most likely to happen according to this thread from the Other Message Board. Rush hour frequencies wouldn't apply to the P train.

Has anyone heard any confirmation that this is actually going to happen? Or is it just foaming speculation? "Oh, there's no LIRR service from Jamaica to Penn. Of course they'll run the P train..."

I really don't see it happening, to be honest. It will hold up the (J), cause massive delays at W4 if the (C)(E)(F) are all running normally - and probably still even if they cut the (C) - and generally just cause more nightmares than it solves. It's just the weekend we're talking about, so I'd imagine they could probably get by with just maxing out service on the (E) and (J).

Of course, in my fantasy "I rule the world" scenario, I'd just switch the (J) and (M) for the weekend... run the J via 6th Avenue, and extend the M to Chambers. That way passengers could take either train in Jamaica to get within a block of Penn Station, with relatively normal service and relatively minimal confusion.

Has anyone heard any confirmation that this is actually going to happen? Or is it just foaming speculation? "Oh, there's no LIRR service from Jamaica to Penn. Of course they'll run the P train..."

I really don't see it happening, to be honest. It will hold up the (J), cause massive delays at W4 if the (C)(E)(F) are all running normally - and probably still even if they cut the (C) - and generally just cause more nightmares than it solves. It's just the weekend we're talking about, so I'd imagine they could probably get by with just maxing out service on the (E) and (J).

Of course, in my fantasy "I rule the world" scenario, I'd just switch the (J) and (M) for the weekend... run the J via 6th Avenue, and extend the M to Chambers. That way passengers could take either train in Jamaica to get within a block of Penn Station, with relatively normal service and relatively minimal confusion.

That would cause confusion. No need to switch the (J)(M). Not to mention it would make the (J) longer than it needs to be. And LIRR riders are not going to want to ride the all local (J) when they can just take the (E)

I don't think they're going to want to ride local for LIRR prices.

Just because the cars have every letter in the alphabet,does't mean they'll be used.it'll likely be R160A-1s being used.

They Might do a split, If It starts from 145 (deadheading), It would be an R32, They might have to split equipment anyway, They are not going to use all those R160's, Trust Me, They are layed up in different areas, The R32's can come directly from 207th, The (M)'s R160's are layed Up at FP and on QB (hillside express tracks) so that's a no-no, however they can use the Trains from the deck, R42's are a No-No, they don't have the signs at all, You will see some R32's out there, Trust me, it would save money.

R42's are a No-No, they don't have the signs at all, You will see some R32's out there, Trust me, it would save money.

They could use R42s if needed, sign the train up as an (S) or special, problem solved. Also why not use the R160s from the (M) line that get laid up on Queens Blvd? If anything they would be perfect to use since there not needed over the weekends.

They Might do a split, If It starts from 145 (deadheading), It would be an R32, They might have to split equipment anyway, They are not going to use all those R160's, Trust Me, They are layed up in different areas, The R32's can come directly from 207th, The (M)'s R160's are layed Up at FP and on QB (hillside express tracks) so that's a no-no, however they can use the Trains from the deck, R42's are a No-No, they don't have the signs at all, You will see some R32's out there, Trust me, it would save money.

I'd be suprised if i see one,but i still think it'll mostly be R160s.

Of course, in my fantasy "I rule the world" scenario, I'd just switch the and for the weekend... run the J via 6th Avenue, and extend the M to Chambers. That way passengers could take either train in Jamaica to get within a block of Penn Station, with relatively normal service and relatively minimal confusion.

Add another G.O to the mix huh?

Why not, for some guys it could be a real pay day(weekend). Remember when that weekend they had GOs on something like 24 subway lines? I'm glad I was out of town for that one.

If they shut a Line down not really they just use the people from the line they shut down..

Keeps paying for Weekend RDO's at a minimum...

I'm really surprised.

The last time there was threat of either an Amtrak strike, or it might have been an LIRR strike, or some other condition curtailing service, they had dropped the (P) idea.

Maybe because it wouldn't have worked on a weekday, but now, on a weekend, it is more feasible?

I think it would be easier to program the 160's and use the ones from the (M) than to gather 32's, which are used for the (C). To do that, they would have to schedule it to run simultaneously with a G.O suspending the (C), and then if that was as cancelled, this would have to be cancelled as well.

To scrape up retired 32's in storage, and they would have to make sure they are in good condition for service.

42's might have the same problem they had on the (C). They altered the markers and boards on 8 Av for them, but I'm not sure about Bway-Laf, or if they changed any of the one on 8th Ave. back.

They could use R42s if needed, sign the train up as an (S) or special, problem solved. Also why not use the R160s from the (M) line that get laid up on Queens Blvd? If anything they would be perfect to use since there not needed over the weekends.

Can't Use R42, C/R Boards, but it wouldn't be a big problem, because its non-stop, I just have a gut feeling its going to be half and half, This is not no regular GO, This is some special GO, They can split the R32's and R160's, The reason why I said its a no-no, because that's more money right there wasted, you would have to deadhead from track 3 from parsons all the way to 34th, then on the metroplitan side you would have to deadhead all the way from Metro to Jamaica or 145 to turn the train around, That wouldn't make sence, You have R160's @ ENY that can be used about 8 trainsets, and from the north side you have 207th st yard, the trains turn around there, you have 207th that's not to far from 145, it would be cheaper to do that, 207th has extra R32's, they can use their extras, on a weekend the (C) uses about 14 trainsets, you will have a shitload, about 80 - 100 cars leftover, it would be rather smart to use R32's along with R160's from ENY, It would save Money and time, People are just saying the extra (M)'s because they ass wants more overtime and everybody know's they are trying to cut that, I know if the railroad is is deep shit than you have no choice, but for a GO like this there is no need to just use equipment from somewhere that's not even close to this GO.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

If they wanted to, they could use a set from FP just like how they can pick one up from ENY. I doubt the ones at Hillside since all the lay-up trains are in 1 single line. I can see R160's on this so-called (P), making a program doesn't really sound that hard. If they can make a (D) to Far Rockaway and a (V) to Canarsie, I'm pretty sure a (P) won't be that hard

If This Happens, They will use R32's from 207th, there are the only Trains with the (P) sign, If this does happen, This would be something different and odd. Yeah this is going to happen:

http://www.subchat.com/readflat.asp?Id=978851&p=1#978964

This Is Going To Be FU*&^KING COOL!!!!!!!!!

Actually the (P) train might use Jamaica Yard's R160's, not R32's, so don't get your hopes up.

And yea they will probably use the 32's from 207th since they have every letter in the alphabet like R32 3838 said.This will be something

Again, the (P) train is not gonna use R32's. It will most likely will be the R160s.

The R160s can be programmed for the "(P) route" on the LEDs/FINDs, and use manual station announcements. There are other options that doesn't even need the use of R32s.

Actually the (P) train might use Jamaica Yard's R160's, not R32's, so don't get your hopes up.

Again, the (P) train is not gonna use R32's. It will most likely will be the R160s.

The R160s can be programmed for the "(P) route" on the LEDs/FINDs, and use manual station announcements. There are other options that doesn't even need the use of R32s.

The (P) can't use Jamaica's R160's, Its going to be 8 cars, smh, It will use 8 car equipment since its going thru the eastern div, If the damn trains are going to 145, it would be smart to use Half R32's and Half 8 car R160's, Why in the hell you would go somewhere where the GO doesn't take place, duh, R32's would be smart, If the both deadheads begin at their respective terms, 145 for north and ENY (jamiaca) south, 145 is close to 207th, makes more sense to split the equipment half and half.

The (P) can't use Jamaica's R160's, Its going to be 8 cars, smh, It will use 8 car equipment since its going thru the eastern div, If the damn trains are going to 145, it would be smart to use Half R32's and Half 8 car R160's, Why in the hell you would go somewhere where the GO doesn't take place, duh, R32's would be smart, If the both deadheads begin at their respective terms, 145 for north and ENY (jamiaca) south, 145 is close to 207th, makes more sense to split the equipment half and half.

Actually, I heard that its supposed to run 5-Car R160s. Even if they have to re-flash the R160 programming, it doesnt take too long anyway.

On the flipside, you already know that LIRR riders wont want to ride in old equipment after getting off a set of M7s, but lets wait and see. Too much speculation going on here....we already know what happens when too much speculation occurs, situations get out of hand.....

Archived