Premeptive P train warning

Kamen Rider

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, I heard that its supposed to run 5-Car R160s. Even if they have to re-flash the R160 programming, it doesnt take too long anyway.

On the flipside, you already know that LIRR riders wont want to ride in old equipment after getting off a set of M7s, but lets wait and see. Too much speculation going on here....we already know what happens when too much speculation occurs, situations get out of hand.....

No way in hell, Unless they don't use C/R boards, where in the hell is the Train is going to stop at?

And How this is speculation, when the TA has Planned to use R32/38 equipment for this Line for years then, The (P) Line is an LIRR Service line for LIRR passengers that have to get to penn station when something is going on at Penn station, Its In Black and white, It would just be smart to split the equipment from Both ENY and 207th, if they did do this, if they use 5-car R160's, where they are going to come from? This is not the IRT where you have 5 car signs, so I know for sure its impossible,

Here's the Details:

The (P) train would start from Supthin Blvd(LIRR Jamaica Station) on the LL (J) line and travel non-stop via the essex cut via 8th ave to 34th/8th then dropoff, then deadhead to 145 to turn around.

WTF people don't see the picture, smh,

and it doesn't matter what equipment is on there, as long as they get to Point A to B,

No way in hell, Unless they don't use C/R boards, where in the hell is the Train is going to stop at?

And How this is speculation, when the TA has Planned to use R32/38 equipment for this Line for years then, The (P) Line is an LIRR Service line for LIRR passengers that have to get to penn station when something is going on at Penn station, Its In Black and white, It would just be smart to split the equipment from Both ENY and 207th, if they did do this, if they use 5-car R160's, where they are going to come from? This is not the IRT where you have 5 car signs, so I know for sure its impossible,

Here's the Details:

The (P) train would start from Supthin Blvd(LIRR Jamaica Station) on the LL (J) line and travel non-stop via the essex cut via 8th ave to 34th/8th then dropoff, then deadhead to 145 to turn around.

and it doesn't matter what equipment is on there, as long as they get to Point A to B,

No it's not, what happens if the car stop sign is missing? Does a train no stop there, of course not. The T/O would be governed by the instructions of RCC or an RTO Supervisor in charge at the location. I don't know what the TPH of this special will be, but I would not be surprised if there was a TSS on every train or at the only 2 stations where trains will stop.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Can We All Just Wait and See if it really does happen then we can say if it is a R32 or R160 but imo it would be smarter to use a R32 because the signs are there and no need to program the R160 to do so saving $. Point Blank! Just Cut (C) and run the (A) local in brooklyn and manhattan with the (E) train like always and have the (P) run express. Its even posible to Run the (E) or (F) in Queens local. Its more logical to use a 8 car R32 and/or R160 that you have to program to do so.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Can We All Just Wait and See if it really does happen then we can say if it is a R32 or R160 but imo it would be smarter to use a R32 because the signs are there and no need to program the R160 to do so saving $. Point Blank! Just Cut (C) and run the (A) local in brooklyn and manhattan with the (E) train like always and have the (P) run express. Its even posible to Run the (E) or (F) in Queens local. Its more logical to use a 8 car R32 and/or R160 that you have to program to do so.

Yeah, But people don't realize that, They just want to see R160's on that line and their buddies to get Overtime, It would be a waste of money to use a 5 car R160, It would be smart to use both yards 207th and ENY equipmment, duh, and why would you use a 5 car R160 from another yard, WASTE OF MONEY, something the (MTA) is not going for.

Here's the Details:

If it doesnt matter, why are you making a big deal over it? Like we said, lets just wait and see. It would also make sense to use 5 car R160s to take on more passengers, but lets just wait and see.

If it doesnt matter, why are you making a big deal over it? Like we said, lets just wait and see. It would also make sense to use 5 car R160s to take on more passengers, but lets just wait and see.

I think he really cares... no one fights for something they don't give a shit about.

I think he really cares... no one fights for something they don't give a shit about.

Yes people care this might be once in a lifetime opportunity if it ever happens again that must be seen and photograped.

Yeah, But people don't realize that, They just want to see R160's on that line and their buddies to get Overtime, It would be a waste of money to use a 5 car R160, It would be smart to use both yards 207th and ENY equipmment, duh, and why would you use a 5 car R160 from another yard, WASTE OF MONEY, something the (MTA) is not going for.

If the (MTA) was smart they would use their R32s that they know has the letter than program a R160 to do so.

Yes people care this might be once in a lifetime opportunity if it ever happens again that must be seen and photograped.

No, it'll mean that said railiens don't have a life.

Whatever happens, happens. The R32 has a letter P on it, what a big f*cking deal. Just wait and see what happens.

That's at right attitude. If it interests you, go out and ride it. If you don't like what they run on the line... we that's your problem.

It would make sense to run 160's and 32's b\c

160's you can sign up as (S) since it'll be non-stop to 34 St that's what people are saying.It can jus be (S) Penn Sta and have manual announcements forget the (P).

Now 32's would make sense b\c it has every letter in the alphabet already and the rollsigns is no issue they may or can add stickers over the rollsign*temporary* and have printed on it 34 St-Penn Sta and Sutphin Blvd-LIRR and then the letter (P).But ya know it is what it is.And yea people complaining about the (C) jus send the (A) local and possibly extending the (E) or (F) in Brooklyn via Fulton.

What lifetime? Lifetimes don't apply to people who don't have lives.

The only thing that matters about the (P) , logistics aside, is that foamers and non-LIRR riders don't take up valuable space on the train. Other than that, I couldn't care less what equipment it uses or what it'll be called, as long as it gets people from Jamaica to Penn fast enough and can handle the capacity.

Really? I thought the (P) would be a permanent thing. Are you guys just pulling my leg. Also why would they run the (P) for a weekend. I am starting to wonder if a (P) could be used for a future service. Maybe on the Triboro RX or the future Canarsie Line Express.

Why is the (MTA) doing this now? especially with all the delays in certain lines that it will go through? but seriously, why are they doing this? for a test?

It's gonna run for one weekend only. During this weekend, the LIRR is cutting over a new signal system directly west of Jamaica. This means no trains to Penn or Flatbush, hence the need for the (P) only for that weekend.

Through Jamaica on a weekend there's an average of 10 or so TPH each direction, so it's anyones guess what frequencies the (P) would need

You Know you guys talk alot of shit, but when I see you guys in person You guys are Very f**king quiet, So please with the no life bullshit, Yeah I do have a Life, And I do other things, I read the document before, It says in Black in white, shit changes oh well big deal, I like to see different things anyway, so the ones who talk all that shit and can't back it up STFU, We all have the right to say whatever, that being said, I still think using only 5 cars is stupid, More Money wasted, How f**king Hard can it be to run a godamn R32 on it along with R160's, Like I said before It would save Money and Time to do the split equipment instead of 5 cars, Im not the one foaming over this shit, but If I do see an R32, just like any other Railfan, Im going to get shots of it, That's the f**king point of this hobby, so niggas that like to talk shit, shut up, that's the point of this site, some may disagree, but we all are going to have our input, damn. That's why they are so godamn broke, all they care about is wasted overtime, That's my input on it, You guys say it makes sense, To Me it doesn't, why take cars from another yard and use them on a line that runs from 34th to supthin, if it was running on QB, then That would have made sense, but the way this GO is, It would be a waste and more deadhead time, Thats the reason why I said the split would make sense, so if you dissagree fine, I don't give a shit, I enjoy this Hobby My way anyway so what you guys be talking about is pointless, if you can't back up your word shut up, im done

The only thing that matters about the (P) , logistics aside, is that foamers and non-LIRR riders don't take up valuable space on the train. Other than that, I couldn't care less what equipment it uses or what it'll be called, as long as it gets people from Jamaica to Penn fast enough and can handle the capacity.

Of course, even if its 100% R160's you would see 100x more foamers than for an R32,If its R32's you would see the mostly senior Railfans with their old school camreas, Of course I would be there getting shots. I hate those R160's but I deal with them like a regular passenger, just hit up the music then Im good. And Trust Me, it may be more trains out there anuyway, alot of people go to penn station on the weekends.

The (P) can't use Jamaica's R160's, Its going to be 8 cars, smh, It will use 8 car equipment since its going thru the eastern div, If the damn trains are going to 145, it would be smart to use Half R32's and Half 8 car R160's, Why in the hell you would go somewhere where the GO doesn't take place, duh, R32's would be smart, If the both deadheads begin at their respective terms, 145 for north and ENY (jamiaca) south, 145 is close to 207th, makes more sense to split the equipment half and half.

Whatever. Anyways the "P" train is not even gonna use the R32's.

Whatever happens, happens. The R32 has a letter P on it, what a big f*cking deal. Just wait and see what happens.

Agreed.

It's not what people want, its what they think might happen.

One way or another, you are still using cars from another yard, R32s are not money savers as well ya know because now, the MTA is paying more to maintain these cars for another few years. Even if a set of 5-Car R160s still shows up, I doubt that this will be fully NYC Transit considering that LIRR Personnel may be on the train(S) as well, so certain stop/departure points may be different for the stations.

I'm not saying that it is a 5-car set of R160s, I'm saying that it might be a 5-car set of R160s. But like I said, lets just wait and see. I'm also thinking they'd use 8-Car R160s considering the sets that run on the (M) would be available.

Although I may be misunderstanding this, is this going to be half a train or a fully coupled train?

Guys looking at this thread it's been getting off track at various times. R32 3838 what you have said does make sense when it comes to the R32s and R160s, but we will have to wait and see. Everyone else if any so happens to say something that might piss you off just don't respond. It's very easy. That's how 95% of all flame wars are prevented, but unfortunately if only it were that easy for some flame wars would be unheard of by now. I guess it's too much to ask for, but everyone at least try.

Hold your horses partner, no one is starting flame wars. It's just a civil discussion among peers (with the exception of a few outsiders who are just bored and just want to be noticed.)

And How this is speculation, when the TA has Planned to use R32/38 equipment for this Line for years then, The (P) Line is an LIRR Service line for LIRR passengers that have to get to penn station when something is going on at Penn station, Its In Black and white, It would just be smart to split the equipment from Both ENY and 207th,

They didn't have 160's back when the line used to be proposed.

I think the easiest solution is to just use the eight car trains from the (M). 32's could probably fill in if needed, but it is probably easier to add programs to the 160 signs (They just hook a laptop up to them to add stuff), and more of the cars would be available on a weekend.

Archived