Fall 2010 TV and Movie Thread

Shortline Bus

Hey guys! Feel free to discuss anything about the new 2010-11 TV season or movies coming out between now and the start of the holidays. It can be a new show or a returning one.

One new show I am most interested this season, to see is the new "Hawaii 5-0' which centers around the son of McGarrett the new chief of an elite police force in Hawaii. I am a big fan of those old school '70's/80's cop/crime dramas something that my late Dad also loved. To this day, "5-0" remains one of the most popular crime-drama/cop tv shows of all time.

Look forward to your replies.:cool:

FYI Not to go too off topic. Regarding one show, the former smash hit "American Idol" has announced that Jennifer Lopez, Aerosmith lead singer Steve Tyler and the only 'oringal' Idol Judge Randy Jackson has joined the season for the 2011 season. "J-LO" according to media reports is expected to be the 'chief' judge in the post-Simon era.

And here a clip from the first Hawaii-5-0 theme which went to #1 on the music pop charts around 1969- 1970.

I'm looking forward to the return of Glee, Law and Order: SVU, Modern Family, Cougar Town, Hell's Kitchen, Dancing With The Stars, The Amazing Race & Undercover Boss. New shows I want to check out are Hawaii Five-O, Undercovers, Mike and Molly and Law and Order: Los Angeles.

I'm looking forward to the return of Glee, Law and Order: SVU, Modern Family, Cougar Town, Hell's Kitchen, Dancing With The Stars, The Amazing Race & Undercover Boss. New shows I want to check out are Hawaii Five-O, Undercovers, Mike and Molly and Law and Order: Los Angeles.

I think the 'new' Hawaii-5-0 will be a hit as looks good for the previews I seen. Plus I think a producer from one of the CSI is running the new "5-0' so I doubt it will suck.

Anyone seen ads for ABC 7's My Generation? I've been seeing it on various trains, especially R142's.

It's seems to be based around life, cheating, choices, I don't know.

EDIT: From ABC's webpage: "SERIES PREMIERE THURSDAY SEPT 23 8|7c. In 2000 a documentary crew follows a disparate group of high school seniors from Austin, TX and then revisits them in 2010."

Some taglines on the train, each one displayed with a different character:

"You know this ring comes off, right?"

"I never lied to you. Except for that one night."

"You may have his hand, but I have his heart."

"When I'm with him, I'm thinking of you."

Non-Cheaters:

"Dad, I'm done paying for your mistakes."

"I should have said yes that night."

"Remember our prom night? Well, meet your new son."

I'm also going to see No Ordinary Family, about a family with superpowers. All the tagline's I seen are ripof- I mean homages, to Superman.

Here are the TV shows I'm looking foward to this fall...

The fourth season of iCarly

The eleventh season of Degrassi

The ninth season of Family Guy

The Fred movie(I'm watching this right now as I'm typing this post:rock:B)

T.U.F.F P.U.P.P.Y

Planet Sheen

Gigantic( New Drama on Teennick)

The Second season of Big Time Rush

The First ever non-animated Fairly OddParents movie coming in 2011 with Drake Bell from Drake and Josh as Timmy Turner!

and that's it for now!B)

Here are the TV shows I'm looking foward to this fall...

The fourth season of iCarly

The eleventh season of Degrassi

The ninth season of Family Guy

The Fred movie(I'm watching this right now as I'm typing this post:rock:;)

T.U.F.F P.U.P.P.Y

Planet Sheen

Gigantic( New Drama on Teennick)

The Second season of Big Time Rush

The First ever non-animated Fairly OddParents movie coming in 2011 with Drake Bell from Drake and Josh as Timmy Turner!

and that's it for now!B)

I must be an old man lol. It's must be the '20th season' of Degrassi combined of the first and oringal and now over a decade later the 'Next Generation.' The first Degrassi, I believe was only was on for about 5-6 seasons in the late 1980's/early '90's.

Another show I am shocked that still around is the "Simpsons.':eek:

I watched the season 4 premiere of Chuck last night. I recorded The Event and Chase and I will watch it sometime today or by the end of the week. As for Boardwalk Empire I missed it but I believe it's on HBO on Demand so I'll watch it there instead.

I watched the season 4 premiere of Chuck last night. I recorded The Event and Chase and I will watch it sometime today or by the end of the week. As for Boardwalk Empire I missed it but I believe it's on HBO on Demand so I'll watch it there instead.

Wow! I did not event know that Legendary Filmmaker Martin Scorsese was involved with 'Boardwalk Empire' so it's got my attention. I probably now will try to squeeze in the $15 extra a month on my digital cable package and put back HBO just for watch that new series. A movie or TV series when Scorsese is involved will never be a bore.:eek:

Can't wait to see the series opener for the new 'Hawaii 5-0" tonight 9/20/10. Hope it not a disappointment like many classic shows that the networks try to bring back years later.:eek:

I missed the end, but the first 3/4 of the show was pretty good. If it was a telemovie, it was great. Not sure how they can maintain this kind of 'action' for a whole season.

Knight Rider [recent version] was a disappointment after the telemovie. It had promise, but just sucked overall.

Fringe is back, so happy about it. Recorded it, and will see it soon.

Archived