LIRR shutdown out of Penn due to storm damage

Kamen Rider

The (MTA) made a mistake in a Port Washington Branch. Read this:

MTA Service Notice

Port Washington Branch:

LIRR service is temporarily suspended west of Jamaica due to inclement weather. This affects service on all LIRR branches

That notice reminds me that there will be no Port Washington Branch in "I Don't Know Which" station to Penn Station.

I think there will be no Port Washington Service at Flushing Main Street Station and the Penn Station.

Update!

LIRR Service remains temporarily suspended between Penn Station and Jamaica and between Penn Station and Port Washington due to severe storms. There is extremely limited service eastbound from Jamaica at this time and limited service between Atlantic Terminal and Jamaica. Efforts to restore service could take 90 minutes or more as a result of multiple trees down.

Now, this is the LIRR Notice changed. I used Ronkonkoma as an example:

MTA Service Notice

Ronkonkoma Branch:

LIRR Service remains temporarily suspended between Penn Station and Jamaica and between Penn Station and Port Washington due to severe storms. There is extremely limited service eastbound from Jamaica at this time and limited service between Atlantic Terminal and Jamaica. Efforts to restore service are ongoing and could take 45 minutes or more as a result of multiple trees down.

And this is Port Washington and City Terminal Zone:

MTA Service Notice

Port Washington Branch and the City Terminal Zone:

LIRR Service remains temporarily suspended between Penn Station and Jamaica and between Penn Station and Port Washington due to severe storms. There is extremely limited service eastbound from Jamaica at this time and limited service between Atlantic Terminal and Jamaica. Efforts to restore service are ongoing and could take 45 minutes or more as a result of multiple trees down.

NYC Transit service on the 7 Line has been restored with residual delays.

That's right. 2010 was not a good year for the LIRR. First it was the signal tower fire, then the schedule changes, now this.

The Switch Tower Fire takes like 5 days to fix it (I counted the days), but the storm and the Tower Fire both are worse. And 2010 is not good for LIRR and you and St Louis Car 09 are right. I heard there is a signal trouble at Penn Station by all LIRR branches at 10:20pm in early spring.

Archived