Forty years from now, will the R160s ...

chrislau12

The Only NTT I will Miss is The R142A's, They are the Best Ones out there and They can Outlast The R143's and R160's, The IRT Takes good care of their Cars way better than the B Divison, The R142A's Still Look Brand New.

and @ Kamen Rider, The R32's CAN OUTLAST The R160's (not in passenger service) Look How the R32's were built and look how the R160's are built, I can buy an R32 and it can last for years and years, R160's from the way they look now, only 32-36 years, maybe less, they look like garbage already.

I Find It funny that The R142A's look way better than all NTT's and they are very Reliable, Never had a Problem with them at all and they Act Just Like SMEE's, That's the Best damn thing about them.

Not entirely, as the R142As on the (6) tend to have brake issues, as do some of the R160s. Westchester Yard takes somewhat of good care (somewhat being good and bad) of those R142As and they drop pretty quickly too, while the ones that run on the (4) are somewhat better than the sets that run on the (6). There are always a set or two of R142As that get sent out to 207th for maintenance, same deal with the R160s when they get checked out at their respective yards.

You got that right Kamen Rider!

And as for you R32 3838 , you don't have to be so rude! All I was saying was that you need to accept change! You think I'm happy that R46s are no longer on the (F)? No way dude! But I do like the change that is the R160s on the (F)! Just stop cursing , stop beating a dead horse and maybe we can work this out , dude.

Dude My f**king Back Hurts Like hell after getting off those R160's, If That shit keeps up, expect me to file a BIG ASS Lawsuit, Trust Me they made a clout over the R32's for over something stupid, I can do the same.

If your back hurts, that's likely due to poor posture. I know when I wear skirts on the subway and I have to sit a certain way, I find myself in pain. And this happens on older trains and R160s.

As for the nostalgic value of the R160s, nostalgia doesn't come from the train. It comes from the memories associated with the trains. Chances are, forty years from now, you'll have a bunch of memories and you'll say "nooo not the R160s!" Things change. Imagine how people felt when they replaced the R1s or something...

do you ever think of the fact that I'm not kissing butt! That's I'm just telling it like it is!

R32s are no longer on the (E)!

R46s are no longer on the (F)!

ACCEPT IT ALREADY! please stop being rude.

NO SHIT, I SEE IT EVERYDAY, WE got those damn things because of politics, If it wasn't for that, Jamiaca would have only had about 540-600 cars, while the last bacth would have went elsewhere, Concourse was going to get them as well but I don't know what happend, Like I said before, There was no need to give Jamaica more than 800 of these peices of shit, The (A) should have gotten thes, But wait, I forgot, the Old ass train Operators don't want to deal with these so they come up with some lame excuse that the Rockaways have power issues, So instead lets steel Most of Their R46's, I rather CI gotten R46's instead but pitkin does a very good job.

If your back hurts, that's likely due to poor posture. I know when I wear skirts on the subway and I have to sit a certain way, I find myself in pain. And this happens on older trains and R160s.

As for the nostalgic value of the R160s, nostalgia doesn't come from the train. It comes from the memories associated with the trains. Chances are, forty years from now, you'll have a bunch of memories and you'll say "nooo not the R160s!" Things change. Imagine how people felt when they replaced the R1s or something...

Monocle%20Man.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1239898094107

The Independent system is replacing the R1's? What's this blasphemy you speak of? I say good day madam.

Ok! R32 3838 , Let me make one thing clear , R160s are NOT garbage! They are one of the best things that's happened to the (F) train! When I was younger , I always enjoyed R46s being the signature car for the (F) , but I was always hoping that one day ,the(E)/(F) would get some new technology!(Especially the (E) train , I extremely hated that line back then for it's scrapheap R32s) And finally , after 14 years of hope , the brand new New Technology R160 subway car with clear automated announcements , clear lighting and more readable side LED signs and inside F.I.N.D with a screen displaying the route info as well as MTA ads for convince debuted on the (E) December 22nd 2008, And on the (F) train March 24th 2009! And ever since the (F) was set for extreme greatness in reputation and in service! And I can actually enjoy taking the (E) train now! I know the (F) was always a AWESOME line , but now it's Extremely Awesome! I don't know why people hate R160s , but they need to stop beating a dead horse and accept good change. It would be nice if some R46s came back to the (F) like half the (F)'s fleet , but R160s are AWESOME too! enough said!

And INDman , thank you for pointing that out to R32 3838! I'm sure like me you're open to good change and don't waste your time in the past!

All the NTTs have problems, they are not a step up. If anything the TA should have bought more R62s and 60' versions of R68s. Yea, they do have some good passenger amenities like announcements and LED signs, but when it comes to operations, their terrible.

Yeah The old Railfans teeths were falling out when thje R1/9's were gone, Half of them still talk about it on subchat, Sometimes when I bump into some of the old railfans, They smell like moose shit and cow ass. One of them wears a plastic bag as socks.

All the NTTs have problems, they are not a step up. If anything the TA should have bought more R62s and 60' versions of R68s. Yea, they do have some good passenger amenities like announcements and LED signs, but when it comes to operations, their terrible.

I Have to agree on that, One thing I don't do is ride the (Q) train in the winter, you will be going right out the station.

NO SHIT, I SEE IT EVERYDAY, WE got those damn things because of politics, If it wasn't for that, Jamiaca would have only had about 540-600 cars, while the last bacth would have went elsewhere, Concourse was going to get them as well but I don't know what happend, Like I said before, There was no need to give Jamaica more than 800 of these peices of shit, The (A) should have gotten thes, But wait, I forgot, the Old ass train Operators don't want to deal with these so they come up with some lame excuse that the Rockaways have power issues, So instead lets steel Most of Their R46's, I rather CI gotten R46's instead but pitkin does a very good job.

Now Now , I'm sure they did NOT just make up the issue about the third rail in the rocaways just so that the (A) could get R46s. The (MTA)'s not THAT evil!

Besides , what make you so sure they lied about that anyway?:confused:

I Have to agree on that, One thing I don't do is ride the (Q) train in the winter, you will be going right out the station.

That happens with all trains, I have had wheel slippage before due to leaves. All you do is release your brakes, grab a point then brake again. Any good T/O will know what is happening and can take the necessary effort to correct the situation. The problem with the NTTs, is that they (he train) senses the slip and that causes the problem.

The (MTA)'s not THAT evil!

You sound like an idiot, Go get some help, How in the hell you say the (MTA) is not that evil, is your brain the size of a walnut, do you were a special Helment or something like those kids that bang their heads agansit the windows or something damn you need help, you don't sound normal at all. do you have ADHD?

You sound like an idiot, Go get some help, How in the hell you say the (MTA) is not that evil, is your brain the size of a walnut, do you were a special Helment or something like those kids that bang their heads agansit the windows or something damn you need help, you don't sound normal at all. do you have ADHD?

All right , you crossed the line dude! Please don't talk to me on the forums anymore , thank you.

For someone who likes to freak out on people for what they say, you can't take it when it gets thrown back at you. Don't dish it out if you can take it yur self.

All right , you crossed the line dude! Please don't talk to me on the forums anymore , thank you.

Dude you don't make any sense, why would you say the (MTA) is not that evil,do you see what they did to the people of new York, cutting service and what not, Look at yourself before you post all of your special ed remarks.

For someone who likes to freak out on people for what they say, you can't take it when it gets thrown back at you. Don't dish it out if you can take it yur self.

Dude The way he's typing, sounds like a 5 year old, okay I may bash people but I don't post like a 5 year old.

You need to understand that all of your posts make people angry because you fill them with nonsense and senseless information. What R32 said was a little on the rough side, but your posts don't bring anything useful to the forum. In fact, they are very un-beneficial. People get angry at you and then you continue to talk about your purple (K) or other random garbage.

You need to understand that all of your posts make people angry because you fill them with nonsense and senseless information. What R32 said was a little on the rough side, but your posts don't bring anything useful to the forum. In fact, they are very un-beneficial. People get angry at you and then you continue to talk about your purple (K) or other random garbage.

You Got to understand, He has problems that need to be solved, he likes Purple , the gayest color in the world, he might have went to BARNEY's Playhouse and asked him to give him an R160 Purple K train, he had to do barney a favor, we all know Barney likes children.

Archived