Why I hate the m15 sbs

Dan05979

I have to ask this question because i'm really fustrated about this maybe one of you guys can help me out here or hear my fustration.

They installed on of those sbs machines and a new bus stop right across the street from where I live on 1st ave. The bus stop is on 107st and 1st ave. There already is a bus stop for local and limited on 106st and a local stop on 108st. Now there's 3 bus stops within 3 blocks from one another??? Does this make any sense? Also Why would they install all this sbs equipment near the end of the m15 route? Hardly no one is waiting at these bus stops as it is, and I think a regular ride on the limited would do just fine, can you agree with me on this?

The main reason why I'm F'n pissed off about this is the just took away major parking for the residents in the area with this unnecissary extra bus stop. Why couldn't they put the sbs stop on 106st where the limited stop is at. I have to wait now almost 2 hours for parking everyday after working 12 + hours a day. I swear this is bullshit. WASTE OF OUR MONEY! Someone help.

P.S Cait go take pics and look to see how they have the bus stop signs set up and no one is allowd to park there even though there's no bus stopping there

I think that bus stop at 106th Street is temporary because of the work already going on for the SAS (slow ass subway). Man, The MTA really is taking a dump on the East Side right now!

No I'm talking about 1st ave not 2ave. The bus stop on 106 + 1st has been there for 1000 years

I have to ask this question because i'm really fustrated about this maybe one of you guys can help me out here or hear my fustration.

They installed on of those sbs machines and a new bus stop right across the street from where I live on 1st ave. The bus stop is on 107st and 1st ave. There already is a bus stop for local and limited on 106st and a local stop on 108st. Now there's 3 bus stops within 3 blocks from one another??? Does this make any sense? Also Why would they install all this sbs equipment near the end of the m15 route? Hardly no one is waiting at these bus stops as it is, and I think a regular ride on the limited would do just fine, can you agree with me on this?

The main reason why I'm F'n pissed off about this is the just took away major parking for the residents in the area with this unnecissary extra bus stop. Why couldn't they put the sbs stop on 106st where the limited stop is at. I have to wait now almost 2 hours for parking everyday after working 12 + hours a day. I swear this is bullshit. WASTE OF OUR MONEY! Someone help.

P.S Cait go take pics and look to see how they have the bus stop signs set up and no one is allowd to park there even though there's no bus stopping there

When +Select Bus Service+ comes, it eliminates the limited, limited stops are replaced by SBS stops so the old limited stops would get removed. They try to separate +Select Bus Service+ stops with the local stops for the convenience for other passengers, so to speak. As for how they planned the stops and why they put it there, I have no idea. +Select Bus Service+ along the M15 will be taking away parking in several sections of the line. It's almost the same situation when the Bx12 +Select Bus Service+ was introduced, it eliminated parking but improved service.

I do somewhat agree that LTD service is fine, however, the traffic along the middle sections of the line is horrendous, by making the Bus Lanes and the stops separated from the locals, it would improve service efficiency and reliability. Other than the traffic, the one thing that kills the M15 is the boarding process, at most major stops, it takes forever when there's a bus stop full of people to board an M15 Limited or Local. The fare machines should help ease this issue by a ton, but on the flipside, it would encourage more farebeating....

Here's the thing though, when construction work is finished along 2nd Avenue (not anytime soon anyway), they will have to move the temporary stops back to where they once were.

I'll head up there and check out the area this week.

When +Select Bus Service+ comes, it eliminates the limited, limited stops are replaced by SBS stops so the old limited stops would get removed. They try to separate +Select Bus Service+ stops with the local stops for the convenience for other passengers, so to speak. As for how they planned the stops and why they put it there, I have no idea. +Select Bus Service+ along the M15 will be taking away parking in several sections of the line. It's almost the same situation when the Bx12 +Select Bus Service+ was introduced, it eliminated parking but improved service.

I do somewhat agree that LTD service is fine, however, the traffic along the middle sections of the line is horrendous, by making the Bus Lanes and the stops separated from the locals, it would improve service efficiency and reliability. Other than the traffic, the one thing that kills the M15 is the boarding process, at most major stops, it takes forever when there's a bus stop full of people to board an M15 Limited or Local. The fare machines should help ease this issue by a ton, but on the flipside, it would encourage more farebeating....

Here's the thing though, when construction work is finished along 2nd Avenue (not anytime soon anyway), they will have to move the temporary stops back to where they once were.

I'll head up there and check out the area this week.

Ok, but I look at other "limited" bus stops along the route and they have installed the fair machines at the same location where the limited is at. And of course why is this neccesary so far near the end ouf the route? I'm really pissed off they took away parking for this and also erected this new bus stop in august and preventing people from parking there even though there's no bus stopping there also. I recieved 2 bus stop tickets each at $115 on a saturday night and sunday morning back to back for absolutley no reason. $230 is alot of F'n money especially when this is a stop not even is service yet, unbelieveble. I hate it with a Red hot passion.

Give me heads up of your coming around this way.

Ok, but I look at other "limited" bus stops along the route and they have installed the fair machines at the same location where the limited is at. And of course why is this neccesary so far near the end ouf the route? I'm really pissed off they took away parking for this and also erected this new bus stop in august and preventing people from parking there even though there's no bus stopping there also. I recieved 2 bus stop tickets each at $115 on a saturday night and sunday morning back to back for absolutley no reason. $230 is alot of F'n money especially when this is a stop not even is service yet, unbelieveble. I hate it with a Red hot passion.

Give me heads up of your coming around this way.

Will do :tup:. For the most part of the route, the SBS stops have been moved further up from the current Limited/Local stops. I'm not sure how its arranged up there because the last time I went up there, I didnt see the bus stops or the machines installed except by 79th Street & 1st Avenue.

This will be rather interesting because along the corridor between Houston & 79th Street, the locations of the stops are different and placed in different spots along that block, or at the next block.

As for the tickets, I think you can fight against it, people were ticketed for parking at bus stops that no longer serve the area/no longer exist. In this case, that bus stop is not active so I am sure that you can go against it.

Will do :tup:. For the most part of the route, the SBS stops have been moved further up from the current Limited/Local stops. I'm not sure how its arranged up there because the last time I went up there, I didnt see the bus stops or the machines installed except by 79th Street & 1st Avenue.

This will be rather interesting because along the corridor between Houston & 79th Street, the locations of the stops are different and placed in different spots along that block, or at the next block.

As for the tickets, I think you can fight against it, people were ticketed for parking at bus stops that no longer serve the area/no longer exist. In this case, that bus stop is not active so I am sure that you can go against it.

Believe me I tried to fight them, took it to traffic court with pictures but it was not good enough, since there is no sign that indicates 107st there I had to get a letter from d.o.t when and where this shit was erected. after 3 weeks i get a huge print out of work being done in the area wich helps my deffense 100% in no way. I have no time to fight this because I have to go to work, so I have to bend over and take it like a man and shell out some $230 clams.

I'll show you my tickets, the printout and everything. Since there are brain dead traffic agents, the'll ticket you till the windshield is full of tickets knowing the bus stop is not in service yet. Thats the way it works here in the great city of New York....

SBS is general is the most epic waste of money in the history of the world. It speeds nothing up... the Bx12 Select is no different from the old Limited, and I can't imagine that the M15 Select will be any different. Second Avenue gets so packed, there's no sense for it to have flashy lights just to sit in traffic like a sad kitten.

SBS is general is the most epic waste of money in the history of the world. It speeds nothing up... the Bx12 Select is no different from the old Limited, and I can't imagine that the M15 Select will be any different. Second Avenue gets so packed, there's no sense for it to have flashy lights just to sit in traffic like a sad kitten.

My point exactly. I gurantee in 5 years this will be done with. My other point is imagine waiting for a sbs bus to come only for it to end in 2 stops. This is why I need to live on the Moon.

LOL

I don't live in the Bronx like you, but I think SBS is underrated. Let's take farebeating out of the equation. I know they'll always be traffic, and the bus lane isn't always available and is only on a certain portion of the route, but you don't really mean to say that the extra door and new payment system don't make that big of a difference? Wow... That makes me shudder about the B44....

And SBS did cost some green, I don't think it will go away that easily...

All i can tell you is write a letter to your local City Council Member/Assembly Member and Community Board Chair. Then have them write a joint to the (MTA) on your behalf along with a few friends/neighbors and see what happens. Not promising it will change anything but getting a local politican's help on an issue helps more than your letter alone.

That the only legit chance of changing the SBS stops. I agree it so stupid to have a SBS stop so close apart and it should be on 106th.

To me i always been a supporter for Light Rail in NYC but i get dissed saying everything it blocks traffic, taking away parking spots, etc. SBS IMO only works is if NYPD/Traffic Agents strickly enforce the bus only lanes but w/e the reason, is not done so on the BX12 SBS especially weekends on Fordham.

Most problem on Bx12SBS faces are:

1. Narrow 2-way street on Isham St between Broadway & Sherman Av. Sometimes double park, sometimes cars block the way of turning bus.

2. NY Yankees traffic at Major Deegan Expressway.

3. 207th St heavey traffic along with University Heights

4. Taxis/cars still disobey the bus lane or driving straight in bus lane.

5. Illegal park on SBS Station.

6. Riders still does not understand BRT is like subway-on-surface.

7. Orchard Beach traffic during summer season, along with Bronx Zoo.

All i can tell you is write a letter to your local City Council Member/Assembly Member and Community Board Chair. Then have them write a joint to the (MTA) on your behalf along with a few friends/neighbors and see what happens. Not promising it will change anything but getting a local politican's help on an issue helps more than your letter alone.

That the only legit chance of changing the SBS stops. I agree it so stupid to have a SBS stop so close apart and it should be on 106th.

To me i always been a supporter for Light Rail in NYC but i get dissed saying everything it blocks traffic, taking away parking spots, etc. SBS IMO only works is if NYPD/Traffic Agents strickly enforce the bus only lanes but w/e the reason, is not done so on the BX12 SBS especially weekends on Fordham.

Speaking off the bus lane, I went to Northern Blvd & Main St to see if any drivers making left turn at Bus Only Lane, and many motorists making illegal left turn from Northern to Main, even it clearly state BUS ONLY. It is even painted, but drivers don't listen.

They don't seem to understand that bus lane is for Chinatown Buses, city buses or any buses.

There was some type of community get together about this issue regarding the unfair ticketing, placement of no standing bus stop signs when there's no bus stoping there yet, but I don't know how it went. I work crazy hours and by the time I get home I'm too tired and have to go to bed. I have no time to fight this, so I pay as usual. I can write to whomever till I'm my fingers fall off and nothing will get done. Bloomberg hates cars and trucks and is all about bike lanes, pedestrian walkways, green streets & sbs buses in Manhattan. I'm a victim and I have to suffer because own a car and drive to work instead of taking the bus.

Also, theres no room in this city for all this nonsense. I understand buses need to make there stops and sometimes people park at bus stops to either run to the store or make deliveries, I'm guilty of that but to loose an entire lane up and down the avenues for a bus is not working and will never work. Companies would gladly pay the $115 for a truck that makes 3-$4000 a day in deliveries. Now I see signs on those lanes reading 'bus lanes are under video surveillence'

I heard on the news,even though the bus stop isn't being use anymore you can't park there,because the bus stop signs is still up.Some guy in Queens got a ticket,because he figure since the bus route is discontinued he could could park there.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

There's 1 stop that I know of that got moved...

The local/limited buses shared a bus stop mid-block on 1 Av between 23 & 24 Sts. Now with this whole SBS thing, the moved the new stop to 25 St nearside. Now the problem with that is that there was a local stop already on 25 St farside so they got rid of that local stop.

At least I get a good thing out of it....the overpass to my job is on 25 St so I can take the bus straight there from the (L) train

I heard on the news,even though the bus stop isn't being use anymore you can't park there,because the bus stop signs is still up.Some guy in Queens got a ticket,because he figure since the bus route is discontinued he could could park there.

People in The Bronx also got the same tickets, but they fought against the tickets & won & the MTA/DOT took down a good majority of the signs.

@ Dan, I might be up there either Thursday or Friday. I must find out when/whether my laptop is coming.

I don't know about all that, I've been riding the BX12 since I was a little boy. The Bx12+ is MUCH quicker than the Bx12 LTD. On numerous occasions since its inception i've timed it. There was NO way I ever made it on the Bx12 Local or a Limited from Pelham Bay to Fordham Plaza in under 15 minutes, I've accomplished this several times using SBS. In one of my SBS trips, we made the whole line in under 40 minutes, UNHEARD of. Meanwhile the LOCAL Bx12 is Scheduled in at 45 minutes+ and THAT'S on the overnight!!!!

I'm sorry I disagree, there has been considerable timing shaved on the Bx12 with the Select.

Now what people DON'T realize about the Bx12 +select is that there is technically no schedule. The bus operators paddle gives them a time to start at the beginning of each end with NO time points in between. So the operator can run the line as slow or as fast as he/she likes. This is where your bus bunching comes into play because you have an operator that is running slow meanwhile his follow (or two) are running the line hard. So now both followers have caught up the slow leader and because the leader is running slow and not to get slammed themselves they will lay back. As a bus operator myself, I would do the same, there is no way in hell I'm gonna run up PAST my leader and do his and my work.

There is a lot to consider about before complaining about the function of a bus line.

People in The Bronx also got the same tickets, but they fought against the tickets & won & the MTA/DOT took down a good majority of the signs.

@ Dan, I might be up there either Thursday or Friday. I must find out when/whether my laptop is coming.

10-4 Cait, go check it out now, they made it worse with 2 yes 2 no standing bus signs on the same block. They installed a new one today 9/21/2010 and I didn't realize it untill I went across the street after parking and noticed parking tickets on cars. All for nothing.

I don't know about all that, I've been riding the BX12 since I was a little boy. The Bx12+ is MUCH quicker than the Bx12 LTD. On numerous occasions since its inception i've timed it. There was NO way I ever made it on the Bx12 Local or a Limited from Pelham Bay to Fordham Plaza in under 15 minutes, I've accomplished this several times using SBS. In one of my SBS trips, we made the whole line in under 40 minutes, UNHEARD of. Meanwhile the LOCAL Bx12 is Scheduled in at 45 minutes+ and THAT'S on the overnight!!!!

I'm sorry I disagree, there has been considerable timing shaved on the Bx12 with the Select.

Now what people DON'T realize about the Bx12 +select is that there is technically no schedule. The bus operators paddle gives them a time to start at the beginning of each end with NO time points in between. So the operator can run the line as slow or as fast as he/she likes. This is where your bus bunching comes into play because you have an operator that is running slow meanwhile his follow (or two) are running the line hard. So now both followers have caught up the slow leader and because the leader is running slow and not to get slammed themselves they will lay back. As a bus operator myself, I would do the same, there is no way in hell I'm gonna run up PAST my leader and do his and my work.

There is a lot to consider about before complaining about the function of a bus line.

The SBS has a few things going for it over the limited:

-it can change the traffic light in its favor

-ppl have to use the machines outside and don't clog up the bus at just the front [like need change or an empty card]

-ppl can enter in both or all doors than just the front which also speeds up the loading

The only problem about SBS is that farebeating can be a problem unless there was an active crackdown to make sure ppl are paying. I have serious doubts about this working for the B44. Even farebeating is a problem at times on the B41.

Archived