Exclusive First Look...

The Real

I thought the private companies in NJ only provided express bus service?

There are quite a few companies that provide local service and NJT provides them with buses (its quite a list for me to get into) but some of those operators are Academy, Red & Tan, Montgomery Westside IBOA (Jersey City), Bergen Avenue IBOA (Jersey City), Broadway IBOA (Bayonne), ONE Bus (Orange Newark Elizabeth), Community Coach, Leonia Co. and I know I probably forgot a few.

Great Shots I wonder if bergen Av will get sum they should not get anything new. Hope M & W Get Some NABI with the Red Stripe would look poppin.

Those NABIs wouldn't last 6 months with the Bergen Avenue IBOA we know now. It's a shame what they have become.

NJT is going to have their head when it comes time to collect those Nova RTSes.

• 2 weeks later...
There are quite a few companies that provide local service and NJT provides them with buses (its quite a list for me to get into) but some of those operators are Academy, Red & Tan, Montgomery Westside IBOA (Jersey City), Bergen Avenue IBOA (Jersey City), Broadway IBOA (Bayonne), ONE Bus (Orange Newark Elizabeth), Community Coach, Leonia Co. and I know I probably forgot a few.

Key word there is "NJT provides them with buses". I know NJT has many contractors and provides them with NJT-painted buses. However, any companies run local service completely independently of NJT?

Key word there is "NJT provides them with buses". I know NJT has many contractors and provides them with NJT-painted buses. However, any companies run local service completely independently of NJT?

Actually, most of the companies Pable mentioned operate at least one route that NJT doesn't own. .

Archived