Things That Annoy You!

BZGuy

The Pokemon TCG ain't got nothing on Yu-Gi-Oh in the theft department.

No one really stole pokemon cards; they stole the coinage that was used to do all that flipping...

Not saying it's anymore right, but I'd say 8 times out of 10, the yugioh cards that you hear kids stealing from other kids... were stolen to begin with.... yes, the card theft ring (I like to call it) that went down when playing yugioh TCG was prevalent/popular, was rampant... I aint implying otherwise, my dude...

Nothin worse than a thief in any regard.... but if push came to shove, I'd rather lose a card (which wasn't mine in the first place) over actual money....

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing that annoys me is the (G) shuttle bus. Its either unorganized or no bus shows up at all. I know the line itself is like nthe (MTA)'s stepchild but does the shuttle bus have to be one as well?

No one really stole pokemon cards; they stole the coinage that was used to do all that flipping...

Not saying it's anymore right, but I'd say 8 times out of 10, the yugioh cards that you hear kids stealing from other kids... were stolen to begin with.... yes, the card theft ring (I like to call it) that went down when playing yugioh TCG was prevalent/popular, was rampant... I aint implying otherwise, my dude...

Nothin worse than a thief in any regard.... but if push came to shove, I'd rather lose a card (which wasn't mine in the first place) over actual money....

Ah yes, good ol' Yu-Gi-Oh cards. They're nice when you're young and play it (I'll admit I used to play...and take other peoples' cards lol) but if you're like 21 and still playing, then there's a problem. I go to Chinatown all the time and all I see is grown ass men playing, lik seriously. Time to put down the cards and pick up a job appliocation.

Another thing that annoys me is the (G) shuttle bus. Its either unorganized or no bus shows up at all. I know the line itself is like nthe (MTA)'s stepchild but does the shuttle bus have to be one as well?

Ah yes, good ol' Yu-Gi-Oh cards. They're nice when you're young and play it (I'll admit I used to play...and take other peoples' cards lol) but if you're like 21 and still playing, then there's a problem. I go to Chinatown all the time and all I see is grown ass men playing, lik seriously. Time to put down the cards and pick up a job appliocation.

haha... big homie Fresh Pond right here...

I'll elaborate on your point...

...they take it seriously too.... like, if they lose a doo-ool to a n00b, it's a hit on their pride & self-worth....

same goes for the loser ass 30 somethings in the basement of their mamma's house playing ps3 with like 2000 trophies.... got the full headset/earpiece & everything... "yeah man, I got another trophy playing ______", quite the accomplishment...

madden '10 doesn't help me grow into the man that I envision myself being before the day I die... and dueling sure as hell won't get me this super-bad chick (brains & beauty... as opposed to brain & booty) I'm tryna get with right now...

something these "afraid to step into reality" ass cats might not NEVER know nothin about....

That "Senior Member" under your name should be replaced with "NYCTF Resident Comedian.":p

hah...

You didn't know I'm second, only to the late great George Carlin....

anyway, now that you mention it, can users request, (or change their own) member titles on here?

Better that than foamer flame fests I say :tup:

we got some mind readin goin on in here...

that's exactly what I was thinking when I made post #305 in this thread...

good use of alliteration there btw...

Better that than foamer flame fests I say :tup:

I would have to agree with that one!!

...anyway, now that you mention it, can users request, (or change their own) member titles on here?

No, and no. If we open that door, it will never close!! Just out of curiocity, what did you have in mind?

No, and no. If we open that door, it will never close!! Just out of curiocity, what did you have in mind?

Understandable.

That's just like back on RD where ppl. OD'd on all the name (member handle) changes....

...and to answer your question, I have a few.. but the main one that came to mind as I made that last post, was The General....

(after having made that post in that astronomical kid thread)

Yugioh just made no sense with all this leveling up stuff. Why couldn't it be simpler when all you needed to worry about were different creatures and sacrificing some to get a higher level one? Those I miss the most.

Then again I only played in a 'tournament' once. After that I just didn't bother because some ppl took winning too seriously. [That plus it didn't help that they probably had like tons of 'top cards' compared to my then mere starter deck + a few packs.

lmao !!

sounds like you wanna settle it with a... Duel

LMFAO!

=

Getting back on topic: People that have too much time on their hands and have to 'look down' at the status of another country's medicare system. Like that's news the US system is messed up? Just worry about your own country.

No, two words: R160 foamers.

R160 foamers are the reason I have a subtle disinterest in the R160's themselves, over any other trainset.... it's like, when people run things in a whole, they keep mentioning it over and over and over and over again... it gets redundant, frustrating, and outright annoying - to the point where you grow an unfondness for whatever the subject is, that keeps being raved over....

so I feel where BZ is coming from in his initial reply on this page:

What annoys me can be summed up in one word: R160s!

My main disdain with the R160s is the fact that people give them more praise over the older subway equipment when the fact of the matter is that they all do the same friggin job. As long as a train pulls up in front of me, be it an R32, R42 R68 or R160 I could care less. My daily duties are more important than hunting down my favorite car type. When I'm railfanning, it's a different story because I'm utilizing my free time doing something I want to do rather than my necessities (e.g. school and errands).

So R32 foamers and bashers, go to hell.

R160 lovers and bashers, go to hell.

R40 Slant lovers, you are blessed, but R40 Slant bashers, ooohhhhhh, you don't want to feel my wrath!! :mad :)

That whole thing with B35 & ENY had me rolling, good stuff.

I'm kinda glad Game Freak/The Pokemon Company keep producing Pokemon games. It's become fairly competitive and when you start looking into base stats, IVs, natures and movesets it really gets a bit more in depth. Black/White is the next gen of games to come out putting the pokemon numbers into the 600 range. I've played the Japanese releases and I have to say there is a reason this game platform continues to sell.

The Pokemon TCG ain't got nothing on Yu-Gi-Oh in the theft department.

I can agree to this, Game Freak alone has made the pocket hand held gaming world almost as competitive as the home system gaming world. It was also an innovation for other developers. Many other games that were made for the Game Boy & Nintendo DS systems had similar player vs player type entities for some of the games that would come out.

Pokemon cards did have a great deal of value, I scored a cool 350 after selling all of what I had (still have some of my favorites though...pre-Ruby & Sapphire....) I honestly think that Pokemon Cards had more to do with the theft department in schools and such, since back then, not a lot of kids cared about battling, it was about collecting the rarest in the packs.

Yu-Gi-Oh cards, well it was more simple to play for some and to others, it was the same. The cards also had their value that caused theft in many places. I didnt actually know that Yu-Gi-Oh cards actually had some sort of value until I sold all of what I had.....pocketed a cool 500 dollars.....

surf up & down the coastline in seafoam islands... you see some kind of strange something-another in the opponent pokemon area, and you just bounce....

the result was, you duplicated w/e item you had in the 6th slot in your item bag (+) 99 times...

put a rare candy there... level up EVERY pokemon in your squad to lv 99 (including the ones you threw in box16 that you never used in a battle)....

put a nugget in that slot & sell them shits afterwards; 99x nuggets, you had 999999 yen just like that... ash was ballin...

man, that glitch got me into playing pokemon on gameboy!!

pokemon crystal was my shit.... I spent countless months playing that game... when the leafy green & fire red series came out, I stopped messin with pokemon... and after that, it got to a point where you had to catch like 400 pokemon; think it was pokemon diamond or somethin...

nah anhh... bump all that... it took long enough catchin the first 151 on red/blue... a dude aint have time for that no more, and all the kids round the way started gettin into xbox & PS2 & shit, so I couldn't steal; ermm, "trade" pokemon either....

trip down memory lane... thanks for that.

I'mmmm Musssskk Raaatttt, Biiiittttccchhhh !!!!

That damn glitch for the old games had people doing their shit so much, though having 99x Rare Candies and using them on the Pokemon was never that good to begin with.

Pokemon Silver & Crystal was my shit too. Everything about those games I loved, the music, the storyline, everything!

haha... big homie Fresh Pond right here...

I'll elaborate on your point...

...they take it seriously too.... like, if they lose a doo-ool to a n00b, it's a hit on their pride & self-worth....

Trust me, I see that shit everyday when I go to the card stores in Chinatown, when one loses or gets f*cked over, they tend to start fights....I mean the game is fun but c'mon.......

Which brings up another thing that annoys me, people that take games too damn seriously, whether its video games, card games or whatever! ESPECIALLY when it comes to arcade fighting games, to be specific, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3 & Super Street Fighter 4.

Edited by Cait Sith