Things That Annoy You!

BZGuy

My main disdain with the R160s is the fact that people give them more praise over the older subway equipment when the fact of the matter is that they all do the same friggin job. As long as a train pulls up in front of me, be it an R32, R42 R68 or R160 I could care less. My daily duties are more important than hunting down my favorite car type. When I'm railfanning, it's a different story because I'm utilizing my free time doing something I want to do rather than my necessities (e.g. school and errands).

So R32 foamers and bashers, go to hell.

R160 lovers and bashers, go to hell.

R40 Slant lovers, you are blessed, but R40 Slant bashers, ooohhhhhh, you don't want to feel my wrath!! :mad :)

So I guess i have to feel your wrath l0l im a R40 Slant hater l0l. I cant stand those cars...now give me a R38 anyday.

Those foamers will one day wish they didnt like all this NTT ish. The R142/A yes are my fav but after that NTT just went crazy. The subway isnt the same anymore. When started rfing hell....I had the R26/28/29/33/36/32/38/40M/42 all at once.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My main disdain with the R160s is the fact that people give them more praise over the older subway equipment when the fact of the matter is that they all do the same friggin job. As long as a train pulls up in front of me, be it an R32, R42 R68 or R160 I could care less. My daily duties are more important than hunting down my favorite car type. When I'm railfanning, it's a different story because I'm utilizing my free time doing something I want to do rather than my necessities (e.g. school and errands).

So R32 foamers and bashers, go to hell.

R160 lovers and bashers, go to hell.

R40 Slant lovers, you are blessed, but R40 Slant bashers, ooohhhhhh, you don't want to feel my wrath!! :mad :)

I noticed that you have a tendency to thank posts that humble the R160—not exactly a basher, but not as neutral as you say you are. I will admit I'm not as neutral as I try to be. I like the R160s for the fact that I can listen to my music without hearing the excessive screeching of metal on metal (and many other non-foamer reasons) but I get on whatever train comes my way just the same.

I noticed that you have a tendency to thank posts that humble the R160—not exactly a basher, but not as neutral as you say you are. I will admit I'm not as neutral as I try to be. I like the R160s for the fact that I can listen to my music without hearing the excessive screeching of metal on metal (and many other non-foamer reasons) but I get on whatever train comes my way just the same.

That's understandable. Me, the screeching noise gives the train character so I don't cover up my ears lol...I love the sound a train with worn brake shoes make when it comes to a stop. However, I'm not as ignorant as I used to be. I've humbled myself during the course of the year. A train is a train, yes everyone has their opinions and have their favorites but there's a difference between "favoriting" a certain car type and "foaming" over a certain car type. I can't get worked up when someone bashes an R32, a Slant or an R42 (my top three favorites), but if they're just making baseless claims because they love or loathe the train, then I do tend to get defensive.

one thing that annoys me is when people foam over a bus even though you KNOW its going to be active for a while. i mean i understand if its like the last 1987 GM Classic ( which i've hunted down only because it would be the last time i get to ride it ) but when it will be in service for 3 more months i mean common lol

Another thing that annoys me is when there's nothing on tv. I got like 500 channels and I can't find anything to watch :mad: lol

haha... big homie Fresh Pond right here...

I'll elaborate on your point...

...they take it seriously too.... like, if they lose a doo-ool to a n00b, it's a hit on their pride & self-worth....

same goes for the loser ass 30 somethings in the basement of their mamma's house playing ps3 with like 2000 trophies.... got the full headset/earpiece & everything... "yeah man, I got another trophy playing ______", quite the accomplishment...

madden '10 doesn't help me grow into the man that I envision myself being before the day I die... and dueling sure as hell won't get me this super-bad chick (brains & beauty... as opposed to brain & booty) I'm tryna get with right now...

something these "afraid to step into reality" ass cats might not NEVER know nothin about....

Lol I brought me a PS3 but I barely play it these days cuz...you know...I have a life lol.

Now back to the Yu-Gi-Oh cards....

One time I seen this guy (about 30) playing against this kid (looked no more than 14) at the Burger King on Canal St. This was back when it was actually cool to play so I stood and watched (after I ordered my food lmao). Somehow, the kid won and the guy just sat there all awestruck. The look on the guy's face was priceless, it looked like he didn't get a Xbox 360 for christmas. And that's when I decided to stop playing. I had about 600 cards (I brought maybe 50 of them ;)) and I sold the good ones and set fire to the rest in my backyard.

Lesson learned. Trading cards are alright but if you get your ass kicked by a little kid, you're probably a loser and need to quit lol

okay it turns out this g=q thing has been taken to another level: girls are now SPELLING their own names with a q (instead of Rodriguez, it's Rodriquez)...you have GOT to be kidding me!!!

Come to think of it, the Q is a pretty useless letter in the English language as is the K. That both duplicate the C sound and are there for no other reason than to serve as a hint where the word came from. (The word is usually already mangled other than that since we don't ever spell borrowed words as in Latin or Greek anyway.)

In fact, I hate the English language's arbitrariness in general. Every letter and letter combination in its inventory has some arbitrary sound, some of which can't readily be determined by looking at typical rules for pronunciation.

If the letters Q and G end up indistinguishable, I don't care. We lose another letter that we don't need anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_spelling_reform

Come to think of it, the Q is a pretty useless letter in the English language as is the K. That both duplicate the C sound and are there for no other reason than to serve as a hint where the word came from. (The word is usually already mangled other than that since we don't ever spell borrowed words as in Latin or Greek anyway.)

In fact, I hate the English language's arbitrariness in general. Every letter and letter combination in its inventory has some arbitrary sound, some of which can't readily be determined by looking at typical rules for pronunciation.

If the letters Q and G end up indistinguishable, I don't care. We lose another letter that we don't need anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_spelling_reform

But seriously, how difficult can it be to use the letter "g" instead of "q"? The same amount of effort is being used to type the letter, be it a "g" or a "q". I swear, the day someone spells my name wrong (my last name starts with a G), then this person and I are gonna have serious problems.

okay it turns out this g=q thing has been taken to another level: girls are now SPELLING their own names with a q (instead of Rodriguez, it's Rodriquez)...you have GOT to be kidding me!!!

You mean...you have QOT to be kidding me!!!

Agreed. However, I think that C is the letter that should be eliminated, and words with a C would either have a K or an S. This would eliminate confusion with one letter and two pronunciations. QU could be replaced with KW.

But seriously, how difficult can it be to use the letter "g" instead of "q"? The same amount of effort is being used to type the letter, be it a "g" or a "q". I swear, the day someone spells my name wrong (my last name starts with a G), then this person and I are gonna have serious problems.
Hi, Mr. LRQ!;)

Agreed. However, I think that C is the letter that should be eliminated, and words with a C would either have a K or an S. This would eliminate confusion with one letter and two pronunciations. QU could be replaced with KW.

Are you joking? The alphabet is easy enough to learn as it is. I'm sick of watching lazy people bastardize the language just so they don't have to type an extra letter. This isn't Hooked on Phonics.

You mean...you have QOT to be kidding me!!!

Hi, Mr. LRQ!:P

LOL!

If they change QW to KW, the letter Q will pretty much be extinct in the English language, since like 99.999999999% of words that have a Q are followed by a U! That will just leave us Iraq. :P

Edited by buswizard

IRAK?:P

The Q in Iraq actually has a different sound which most Americans are unable to articulate, so they pronounce it as a K by default.

Are you joking? The alphabet is easy enough to learn as it is. I'm sick of watching lazy people bastardize the language just so they don't have to type an extra letter. This isn't Hooked on Phonics.

Well it could be easier, and that's not a bad thing. Simplification is a good case that should be seriously considered given the justifications for it.

Word it annoys the heck out of me.

Plus the unnecessary addition of H's into purposely misspelled words (ex: To = Tuh/Thu), actually just words in general (Mad = Mhad) like wtf.

The Q in Iraq actually has a different sound which most Americans are unable to articulate, so they pronounce it as a K by default.

Well it could be easier, and that's not a bad thing. Simplification is a good case that should be seriously considered given the justifications for it.

It's not. Watching Qu's turn into Kw's would convince me I wandered into a land of retards who didn't know how to spell.

It's not. Watching Qu's turn into Kw's would convince me I wandered into a land of retards who didn't know how to spell.

No. The very thing that is to be reformed is the spelling.

In fact, the spelling of a lot of words have been reformed since their introduction. You wouldn't argue that we are bad spellers now, would you?

No. The very thing that is to be reformed is the spelling.

In fact, the spelling of a lot of words have been reformed since their introduction. You wouldn't argue that we are bad spellers now, would you?

It's stupid and unnecessary. Thinking like this contributes to the dumbing down of society.

It's stupid and unnecessary. Thinking like this contributes to the dumbing down of society.

That's not even a good argument against simplification. Keeping a set of complex rules alive does not make anyone smarter, nor does memorizing all of the spelling and pronunciation exceptions to hundreds of words. It only excludes people—people who are learning English as a second language, who are at a disadvantage—with cumbersome barriers.

Next thing you know, we'll see "KW" trains powering down the "Brawdway" line and people getting on the N15 and N16 to "Rozevelt Feeld."

Not all of us are perfect at spelling and grammar, but that doesn't mean you can nitpick the very language we speak for it. I know people that were born and raised here that can't even spell the name of the town they live in.

That's not even a good argument against simplification. Keeping a set of complex rules alive does not make anyone smarter, nor does memorizing all of the spelling and pronunciation exceptions to hundreds of words. It only excludes people—people who are learning English as a second language, who are at a disadvantage—with cumbersome barriers.

That's not progress. I think you stand alone on this one, and rightly so.

People can't do anything anymore. They want everything handed to them. Even their language. They just complain about how everything in life is too hard. Plenty of people learn the English language without the hooked on phonics bull. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for anyone else.

Now back to the Yu-Gi-Oh cards....

One time I seen this guy (about 30) playing against this kid (looked no more than 14) at the Burger King on Canal St. This was back when it was actually cool to play so I stood and watched (after I ordered my food lmao). Somehow, the kid won and the guy just sat there all awestruck. The look on the guy's face was priceless, it looked like he didn't get a Xbox 360 for christmas. And that's when I decided to stop playing. I had about 600 cards (I brought maybe 50 of them :P) and I sold the good ones and set fire to the rest in my backyard.

Lesson learned. Trading cards are alright but if you get your ass kicked by a little kid, you're probably a loser and need to quit lol

That's why I never bothered playing in competition. I just kept mine like I would any trading cards - mainly cuz they looked cool. Most of them are in almost excellent/out of the package condition cuz they've hardly been used.

Annoying kids that get on the bus and think they own it. I pass a total of 8 schools on my run and 6 of them are high schools l0l.

I hate riding after 3pm. Damn school kids. This is why the DOE should stop being so damn cheap and hire their own fleet of cheese buses and stop forcing the MTA to be their personal shuttle service.