My First Fantasy Map

Eric

Just one thing about the (C) to Lefferts-the reason it wouldn't succeed (in my opinion) wouldn't be the fact that it is local and that customers would have to transfer to the (A)-it is because extending the (C) to Lefferts requires additional trainsets, which would have to be taken from the (A). Although this means more service to Far Rockaway, this means less service on the mainline between Rockaway Blvd and 207th Street.

Of course, since this is a fantasy map, where money and NIMBYs are assumed to be no object, "there could be the additional trainsets for the (C), and the idea would be sound."

What if when the R-179 debuts in 2015, could that service be made possible? Meaning that with the additional trainsets, this could become a reality?

Guest UnionTpke E F

I'm sure this has all been said already, but no (W), (V), (9), (Mx), or (G) to Continental? I actually like the idea of the (C) to Lefferts if it would force it to run more often. (G) to Stillwell wouldn't work, would just further delay the (F). I would limit it as far south as Kings Hwy or Avenue X.

Guest UnionTpke E F
The (9) runs IRT and it does not run on BMT/IND lines unless if it is going to a yard. He created the orange (M) so there will be no brown (Mx).

I realise both, i'm saying i would have like to see the (9) skip-stop and the original (Mx) or a rush hour special M diamond. Otherwise I don't see you point.

The (9) runs IRT and it does not run on BMT/IND lines unless if it is going to a yard. He created the orange (M) so there will be no brown (Mx).

He didn't mean all of those lines going to Continental, he meant like some of the old lines just as they were before they were eliminated.

I'm sure this has all been said already, but no (W), (V), (9), (Mx), or (G) to Continental? I actually like the idea of the (C) to Lefferts if it would force it to run more often. (G) to Stillwell wouldn't work, would just further delay the (F). I would limit it as far south as Kings Hwy or Avenue X.

Re-read the 14th post in this tread on why that's a bad idea about the (C).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working on updating the map currently. So far, I've brought back the (W), and am looking into adding a line to the 8th Ave trunk.

Is it currently possible for a train to terminate at Queens Plaza? I'm considering using it as a terminus for that line, probably to be christened the (Y).

Is it currently possible for a train to terminate at Queens Plaza? I'm considering using it as a terminus for that line, probably to be christened the (Y).

No there's no easy way to terminate at Queens Plaza. Besides, why would you want to? It wouldn't be very helpful to Queens users.

Another question:

Would there be enough demand to run the (F) Culver Express one-way peak?

The stops would be:

Jay St

Bergen St (reopen lower level)

7 Av

Church Av

18 Av

Kings Hwy

Av X

then local to Coney Island

It'd run Manhattan-bound in the morning peak, Brooklyn-bound in the evening peak, and the (G) would service Coney Island as a local during those times, and be cut back to Church Av off-peak and on weekends.

Thoughts?

The (G) should never ever run down the Culver Line as a local or express. The (MTA) made a similar decision in the 1970's and it failed miseriably. The Culver residents want Manhattan. A good idea is instead of sending the (T) to Lower Manhattan, and Brooklyn that way the (T) should be sent along with the (F) once the (T) reaches Houston St. Therefore the (T) would run as the Culver Express to Avenue U. The (F) should still run to Coney Island as a local. Though the (T) could be extended into the Bronx on a section of new track by the Metro North alignment.

Archived