R30 signs

INDman

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Nice...I always wanted one of those :tup:

Nice roll sign man! Wonder why the IRT routes are within the R30 sign....

My guess is that aall the redbirds use the same type of end rollsign, much like how the R40-R46 use the same front rollsign but for obvious reasons the R44 & R46 can't run on the Eastern Division.

EDIT: The 1 and 7 are the old BMT numbers!

Well I did some research and found out that the 7 to Franklin Avenue was the subway route in Newark City.

Nice roll sign man! Wonder why the IRT routes are within the R30 sign.

My guess is that aall the redbirds use the same type of end rollsign, much like how the R40-R46 use the same front rollsign but for obvious reasons the R44 & R46 can't run on the Eastern Division.

How about this: Two rolls, BMT-IND and IRT, taped together to form one sign

img_66086.jpg

oops, wrong sign installed

But this is an old photo. Mainline coloring (as today) didn't start until after 1978. And the (7) here looks orange. But maybe it has to do with then BMT and its former number routes.

How about this: Two rolls, BMT-IND and IRT, taped together to form one sign

Could be :(

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Nice...I always wanted one of those :tup:

R21, R22, R26, R28, R29, R33ML/WF, R36ML/WF doesnt have IND/BMT route signs.

But TBH the R30 could have the IRT/IND/BMT signs. If u go to the NYCTM, the R30 has a sign up as (2). But i wonder why R30s have em. But what u said could be it as well.

But this is an old photo. Mainline coloring (as today) didn't start until after 1978. And the (7) here looks orange. But maybe it has to do with then BMT and its former number routes.

But TBH the R30 could have the IRT/IND/BMT signs. If u go to the NYCTM, the R30 has a sign up as (2). But i wonder why R30s have em. But what u said could be it as well.

those IRT signs on the museum cars my theory has always been, somehow over the years the original signs got lost or damaged in bringing those cars to the museum, im not sure if they are originals from when the museum opened, and since R27/30 signs were hard to find after a while they just stuck old redbird signs in those cars.

also that photo is from 1981

oops, wrong sign installed

Someone got it, there was no hidden message with the Redbird sign. Just looking back to the old BMT route numbering which came BEFORE the IRT numbers.

The photo that lilbluefoxie put up shows an R30 with an IRT route sign which used the post 1967 route colors. The cars that had those signs, not all IRT cars received new signs, spent their days on the (2) which was red back then too. R30s never had IRT readings on any of their signs, I just happen to have an extra IRT route sign. As for the R30 in the transit museum, it has Redbird signs because some a**hole stole the set of ORIGINAL R30 signs that were on the train.

Someone got it, there was no hidden message with the Redbird sign. Just looking back to the old BMT route numbering which came BEFORE the IRT numbers.

The photo that lilbluefoxie put up shows an R30 with an IRT route sign which used the post 1967 route colors. The cars that had those signs, not all IRT cars received new signs, spent their days on the (2) which was red back then too. R30s never had IRT readings on any of their signs, I just happen to have an extra IRT route sign. As for the R30 in the transit museum, it has Redbird signs because some a**hole stole the set of ORIGINAL R30 signs that were on the train.

welp I was close, i always thought they got lost.

as for the IRT, its seemed many of those cars hung onto those 1950s rollsigns well into the mid 80s, and the new signs were kinda rare, ive seen one or two photos with 70(4) and 70(5) set

• 3 years later...

Archived