No (C) Service, (A) running Local and other Delays

trainspot12

This is really interesting right now (as I'm posting it at the 86th Street Entrance):

Due to a police investigation at the 96th Street Station, there is a temporary suspension in both directions on the (A), (:(, (C), and (D) train service from the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station to the 125th Street Station.

Both directions, (C) train service has been suspended the entire line.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take M20 bus making nearby stations stops. (I didn't know the M20 goes to 125th Street?)

Please expect delays in service on the (A), (:), (C) and (D) trains at this time.

============

Due to ongoing switch problems at the Nostrand Avenue Station, (5) train service is running on the (4) line between the Franklin Avenue Station and the Crown Heights-Utica Avenue Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in (4) and (5) train service at this time.

This is really interesting right now (as I'm posting it at the 86th Street Entrance):

Due to a police investigation at the 96th Street Station, there is a temporary suspension in both directions on the (A), (:(, (C), and (D) train service from the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station to the 125th Street Station.

Both directions, (C) train service has been suspended the entire line.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take M20 bus making nearby stations stops. (I didn't know the M20 goes to 125th Street?)

Please expect delays in service on the (A), (:), (C) and (D) trains at this time.

============

Due to ongoing switch problems at the Nostrand Avenue Station, (5) train service is running on the (4) line between the Franklin Avenue Station and the Crown Heights-Utica Avenue Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in (4) and (5) train service at this time.

Again?

Due to an ongoing police investigation at the 96th Street Station:

Downtown (A) and (D) trains are running with extensive delays.

(:( and (C) train service has been suspended the entire line.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take (M10 along CPW) M20 bus making nearby station stops.

I found the reason why the 96th Street station is being delayed.

Man struck by A train at 96th Street

A man was killed after he was struck this afternoon by an A train on the Upper West Side, authorities said.

The victim, who was not immediately identified by police, was hit at about 2 p.m. near the 96 Street Station by a northbound A train.

The incident remains under investigation.

As a result, NYC Transit said there are delays in both directions along the C line.

Uptown A and D trains are running local from the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station to the 125th Street Station.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/man_struck_by_train_at_th_street_PmxrotEKAk96gwMyVQXzAK?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Another 12-9. Expect it to be on the news tonight.

Due to an ongoing police investigation at the 96th Street Station:

Downtown (A) and (D) trains are running with extensive delays.

(:( and (C) train service has been suspended the entire line.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take (M10 along CPW) M20 bus making nearby station stops.

If (:P and (C) Trains are suspended on the entire line, that means no train will be stopping at the local track making stops at

72nd Street, 81st Street, 86th Street, 96th Street, 103rd Street, Cathedral Parkway, 116th Street, 135th Street, 155th Street (IND 8th Avenue), and 163rd Street

Yep, this really messed up service today as I was one of the many people who were affected. Right after this happened, all downtown (D) trains from 205th terminated at 145th. The conductor told people to take the (4) to the (2) for alternate service. This resulted in real packed (4) and (2) trains.

As far as I'm concerned, the guy was probably vandalizing the walls along CPW and then came a train.

It was a homeless man. He comitted sucide, and because of him, I had to squeeze myself into a packed (1) train at Columbus Circle, where I just got off a R46 (C) train. Then, at 96th, I waited 20 minutes for a (2) train. This train was packed as well. I ended up standing the whole way home, from 50th Street, to 225th Street....I was exhausted when I got home, at 5:40.....SMFH!!!

Archived