2010 MLB Postseason The Hunt For October/November Baseball

mass production

I know I am late to the party as we enter our 3rd post season with this format. Why can't MLB force TBS/TNT(Turner TV sports)to have the playoff and LCS games be simlucast at least in the '2' teams home markets? Not everyone has or could afford cable tv.

Was worse is this year ALCS games will be on TBS and there are hundred of thousands of Viewers in the NYC/NJ metro area who will shut out and can't watch a game.

If the NFL can have games involving both teams playing be shown on ESPN or NFL Network also be broadcasted on their local/regional TV what can't can't MLB for their playoffs? Oh that right Bud Selig is a sell out.:mad::tup:

If anyone cares Ernie Johnson, Jr. the Studio host of sister station's TNT "Inside the NBA" pre-post game shows and son of a former Braves Pitcher in the 1950's/'60's has been picked to replace Chip Caray as lead MLB announcer. Johnson will call the Yanks/Twins series and the ALCS.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TBS again? Is that sideline reporter Craig Sager still with them? the guy with the bad taste in sport coats. That is good that Chip Carey is out of there, thank God.

Sadly very true. TBS has all of the 1st round and half of the LCS until after the 2013 post season.:mad: And yes Mr. Sager is back as sideline reporter.

Chip Carey is back as lead TV announcer with the Braves.

The Yankees will not have home field advantage during the playoffs:(, but the most important thing that they are in it this year again:). Looking forward for Game 1 in the ALDS @ Target Field. For the Twins a rematch from last year:tdown:. The Quest is on for 28!!! Let’s Go Yankees!!!:tup:

So here are the weather forecasts for today's 10/6/10 games.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/baseball-playoff-forecasts_2010-10-05

Summary

Rays vs. Rangers-115pm (no worries the Rays play in a dome in St. Petersburg, Fla.)

Phils vs. Reds-515pm -CBP-Chance of Scattered Showers.

Twins vs. Yanks-820pm-Target Field-Great weather for Minnesota temps around 65 degrees at 1st pitch.

Have fun enjoying the games.:tup:;)

*goes to MLB.com to see how the yankees came back*

props to buster olney on mike & mike this morning...

in a segment called the "triple play" on that show, there were 3 questions that dude answered, regarding every division series... for the yanks/twins, his answers were:

1) single most important managing decision, either team = the yankees (girardi) & when to pull andy pettitte

(in other words, how long to keep him out there before he summons the bullpen)...

partially agree.... girardi has this habit of bringing in relievers @ the wrong times... I don't think it's much about Andy, as much as it is him knowing when to bring in ANY reliever....

2) single most important position player in this series, either team = Texieira (regarding his thumb or w/e)...

not so sure about Tex being the most important pos. player in this series...

3) single most important pitcher in this series, either team = Liriano

agreed 100%... I said it aloud before he answered

so far, Olney's 2 out of 3...

edit: now that I'm watching SC, liriano had one bad inning, and Tex hit (basically) the game winning HR...

talk about a jinx.....

Can you believe this? In the year of the pitcher, offensive power Texas won today 6-0 and take a commanding 2 games to none lead home to the Lone star state. Rangers are on verge of winning their 1st ever playoff series and advance to the ALCS.

Yanks underway with the Twins. And Braves/Giants game #1 opens later tonight in the Bay area.

PS anyone noticed how bad the umpiring has been especially in the Rangers-Rays and Yanks-Twins so far?

That's right 2 in a row for the Yankees!!! Game 3 in The Bronx this weekend!!!

I am a little bit suprised how Minnesota is playing this bad. I mainly picked them(Twinkies) because they had game #5 at Target Field but I thought it could either way. Anyhow looks like both AL 1st round playoff series could be sweeps.

IMO Tampa is done. I give the Twins only slim chance to win game #3. Looks like my AL playoff picks is shot.:cry:

Can you believe this? In the year of the pitcher, offensive power Texas won today 6-0 and take a commanding 2 games to none lead home to the Lone star state. Rangers are on verge of winning their 1st ever playoff series and advance to the ALCS.

.... PS anyone noticed how bad the umpiring has been especially in the Rangers-Rays and Yanks-Twins so far?

I haven't seen any of these playoff games in depth, to where I'd notice if the umps were cheating or not... so I can't say....

I am a little bit suprised how Minnesota is playing this bad. I mainly picked them(Twinkies) because they had game #5 at Target Field but I thought it could either way. Anyhow looks like both AL 1st round playoff series could be sweeps.

IMO Tampa is done. I give the Twins only slim chance to win game #3. Looks like my AL playoff picks is shot.:cry:

I'm not...

Only reason I had them (Twins) winning two games b/c the yankees have these games where they don't hit, and the pitching (relief or starting) isn't there (I mean, both the hitting & the pitching; not one or the other).... the games I thought the twins would win, were of those where the yankees were just flat... but from the looks of things, that aint happening...

combine that with the fact that outside of old man Thome, there's no real power threat on that team.... Mauer's the most overrated "star" in the game today (even moreso than Jeter); I haven't heard his (mauer's) name on espn, mlb network, or any other news' sports sections... probably effed up to say, but if you're a Twins fan, you have to be thinkin... the wrong guy got injured...

anyway, let's see what duensing does on saturday, to try to save their season.... as for the devil rays, I think Maddon (their skipper) might've screwed up in putting shields as the #2 pitcher... Garza gives them a much better chance of winning - which is what he's gonna have to do to save their season....

at least the twins have been gettin in some hits here & there... I said on this forum on a few occasions that tampa goes on these stretches where it's hard for them to string up hits & get men on base... they almost got no-hit tonight, to boot...

Not going to say this series is going to be automatic, but Yankees-Twins: outcome = favors Yankees. They just own them. Sure the games will be close, but to think the Twins will beat the Yankees? Overly pesimistic or just total lack of faith.

For the Rays, honestly, I never expected this an 0-2 hole. But honestly, I'm glad about it. I think the Rangers are less of a threat than the Rays. At least I would expect more of a 'slugfest' than more of a 'running game' by the Rays.

If the Devil Rays don't get on base, they (especially) aint winnin games.... That simple... That's the kind of squad they are... they threaten you w/ their overall speed on the bases, which ultimately affects the pitcher's psyche while on the mound....

...and I saw that subliminal there... have to agree with it... I think it's more "total lack of faith"...

lol @ the yankees don't have the pitching to beat the twins in a series??

I'm like, and the twins do?

You can see the looks of the Twins fans during the game yesterday, they had that "here we go again" look on their faces.

When the Rangers-Yankees ALCS starts who gets the home field advantage? Even though the Yankees won more games,+5 the Rangers won the division and the Yankees got the wild card(4th seed). What says you?

You can see the looks of the Twins fans during the game yesterday, they had that "here we go again" look on their faces.

When the Rangers-Yankees ALCS starts who gets the home field advantage? Even though the Yankees won more games,+5 the Rangers won the division and the Yankees got the wild card(4th seed). What says you?

I am 99% sure it's the Rangers. According to wikpedia, the wild card can never host a LDS(1st round) or LCS series in the current format. However a wild card can have home field aka game #7 of the world series as we seen before i.e 1997 Marlins, 2002 Angels and 2004 Red Sox based on ASG results and prior to 2006, a rotation between AL and NL Champions. Here website. Maybe someone can go to another site to confirm.:confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLB_playoffs

IMO i don't have a problem with a wild card team being on the road as a division champion even with less wins than a non-division team should have an advantage. In the NFL, wild cards never host a playoff game unless it's in the conference champonships as the 3 division winners are 'upset' in the 2nd round.(divisional round)

I don't need wikipedia to tell me that the Rangers won their division, and the Yankees didn't....

I'm 100% sure the Rangers will get home field in that scenario....

The wild card is considered the final "spot" in the playoffs (just the same as you'd look at an 8th seed in the NBA or the NHL)...

The only wild card possible that'll get home field advantage is in the WS (if they make it that far, that'll be the Braves in this case, thanks to the results of the all star game).....

If the Devil Rays don't get on base, they (especially) aint winnin games.... That simple... That's the kind of squad they are... they threaten you w/ their overall speed on the bases, which ultimately affects the pitcher's psyche while on the mound....

...and I saw that subliminal there... have to agree with it... I think it's more "total lack of faith"...

lol @ the yankees don't have the pitching to beat the twins in a series??

I'm like, and the twins do?

Very true. Seems like Texas is doing something right. Though I haven't watched those games.

Exactly, wtf? I know ppl are pesimistic, but come on here. It's the twins [not being arrogant, but they are beatable] they beat themselves.

Lack of faith = not a fan. If you fear that much, then don't bother calling yourself a fan. A true fan will stay by the team till the end. That plus I don't want to see any 'we won' crap from those that gave up multiple times in the season.

The Reds are just about done. They blew a golden chance IMO to win game #2 and put a 'scare' to Philly. Phillies pull off late-game rally and beat Cincy 7-4 to take a 2 games to zip lead.

Phils look tough.

Very true. Seems like Texas is doing something right. Though I haven't watched those games.

Exactly, wtf? I know ppl are pesimistic, but come on here. It's the twins [not being arrogant, but they are beatable] they beat themselves.

Lack of faith = not a fan. If you fear that much, then don't bother calling yourself a fan. A true fan will stay by the team till the end. That plus I don't want to see any 'we won' crap from those that gave up multiple times in the season.

Hey Concourse don't look at me lol:eek:. As i told B35 I thought the Twins would put more of a 'fight' and at least take this 1st round series to a full 5 games. I only picked the "Twinkies' to win series because they had home field aka game #5. Yanks did limp to the post season.

With that said Girardi now looks like genuis to 'rest his starters' after they clinched a playoff spot a few days before the end of the regular season.

With that said assuming things stay the same, Texas i am sure will put off a better challenge and probably win at least 2 games because of Cliff Lee.

So don't say I jumped off the bandwagon as say Forest Glen always does.:P

He can post all the one word responses he wants, but his other posts spoke volumes about how poorly he thinks of his 'team'. That's not a fan, just a quitter.*

*and for the record, this is nothing about the past or personal stuff, but if you [in general] are going to stick with something, stand up for the issue and don't fold like a pile of cards. If you say you are a fan, then buck up and defend them despite their limitations^1. Don't be a 'Boston fan' and dis the Yankees. Why the pessimism? Are you a fan or not? If not then shut up or root against them.

^1. just because the Yankees have limitations doesn't mean you should automatically give up on the team. Sure you can discuss about the faults, but to say they have no chance? give me a break. That's a defeatist attitude and other fans will 'toss you to the wolves'.

Archived