2010 MLB Postseason The Hunt For October/November Baseball

mass production

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fine to be concerned, but to "give up"? Every year it's the same thing with you, you give up before the end of the year. Sure in 2008 you were 'justified', but that doesn't make it right.

Do you even know how much worse Mets fans have it where their team missed out on the playoffs 2 times on the last day of the season?

You should be happy only 1 time out of 16 years [since 95] has the Yankees never been in the playoffs. Any person would be thrilled their team makes it in.

Good job by the Braves to come back and win game vs. SF Giants in overtime. They win in 11 innings 5-4 to tie their NLDS series at 1 game apiece.

PS Bud Selig and his fellow MLB Owners you a moron and sell out. Why you having a MLB playoff game end at 130am Eastern time involving an East Coast team and the Braves?

TNT could wait showing for the 50,000 time the "Tiantic' movie.

I know it's important to show every playoff game on National TV but man why not have the game shown also on TNT and start no later than 830pm east coast time? P:tdown::mad::mad::tdown::mad:

9-17 in September

Mo Rivera had an ERA over 7 in that month

Jeter hit .270 this season

Even the most optimistic fan had to be concerned.

Now you make sense. Why not you just replied like that in 1st place when Concourse asked you?:eek:

That crap better not happen should it end up being Giants-Yankees.

Don't worry Concourse. All of this year's 'Fall Classic' games will be not west coast centered even if the Giants make it. All of the weekday games (1st pitch)will start no later than 805pm Eastern time and the weekend games no later than 820pm.

The only late 1st pitch will be Halloween Night(10/31/10)for around 820pm to accomdate much of the audience watching NFL games that day.

Also read a few days ago that game #3 (Saturday Oct.30)of the WS 1st pitch will be around 7pm.

9-17 in September

Do you know what Mo's lifetime ERA in the playoffs is? 0.73

If I am the Yankees I give him whatever he wants in his next contract, he made 15 million this season. The thing is I don't think they will offer him more then 2 years as he will be 41 next month.

Do you know what Mo's lifetime ERA in the playoffs is? 0.73

If I am the Yankees I give him whatever he wants in his next contract, he made 15 million this season. The thing is I don't think they will offer him more then 2 years as he will be 41 next month.

All i can say about "Mo' Rivera is this. Maybe the most underrated superstar aka future Hall of Famer in pro sports(NBA, NHL NFL and MLB)over the last 15 years.

Jeter while also a future HOF has gotten too much credit for the Yanks success.

Rivera has revolutionzied the closer position that was pioneered in the modern MLB 'era' by greats like Rollie Fingers, Goose Goosage, Bruce Sutter and Dennis Eckerley in the 1970's and '80's. Although the Yanks might have won a championship in this era with Jeter and company, however without "Mo' the Yanks are not winning 5 world series in a 15 year period.

Rivera reminds me a lot of NBA great Bill Russell, another legendary player who was overshadowed in his era by Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West. Maybe after he retires "Mo' will get the overdue credit of changing the role of relief pitching forever in baseball. And being the 'glue' of the Yanks most recent Dystany as well.

9-17 in September

There's a difference in being concerned about a team, and outright writing them off year in & year out.... It's like you look for reasons to take on this pessimistic (or as grand councourse puts it... "defeatist") demeanor, regarding the team....

There's no difference in your fanaticism (or lack thereof) in the yankees, than how a fair weather fan would act & react....

Shit, I don't think they'll take it this year either... but for you to pull up BS reasons such as they're too old? (this was true about yankee teams in the past, but not the 2010 yankees dude).... they don't have the pitching to beat the Twins? but yet they take out Burnett for the ALDS and are still up 2-0.. most other teams would HAVE to throw burnett out there if they had him...

- yankees had a sub par september.... however, the twins weren't exactly riding high on a wave into the playoffs either.... they lost 8 of their last 10 games.... are you really gonna argue momentum?

- ever stopped to think why Mo had such a high era?

he had a high era that month, large in part b/c girardi would summon him to clean up the messes (all the walks & base hits the relievers would give up, before he even entered the game)... you can't shut opponents down EVERYtime... This is why I am concerned about the Yankee middle relief... you make it sound like Mo is gonna blow every postseason game he'll appear in this year...

- yeah Jeter stunk up the place the last 2-3 months of the season... A-rod, Cano, Tex, Swish, etc is more than enough to compensate for his struggles... I'm not THAT concerned about Jeter....

9-17 in September

Can you stop with the pessimism? Mariano had an ERA under 2 for the entire year. Sometimes, pitchers and hitters go through slumps. The Yankees will go far this year.

It's fine to be concerned, but to "give up"? Every year it's the same thing with you, you give up before the end of the year. Sure in 2008 you were 'justified', but that doesn't make it right.

Do you even know how much worse Mets fans have it where their team missed out on the playoffs 2 times on the last day of the season?

You should be happy only 1 time out of 16 years [since 95] has the Yankees never been in the playoffs. Any person would be thrilled their team makes it in.

lol... yeah, one thing I will say is that us yankee fans are spoiled in that regard....

But if it's one thing I can't stand is when someone predicts that "their" team wont win it all that year.. and when unfortunately it doesn't happen, they're the main ones going HA HA, told you so.... this team sucks, bunch of losers, bunch of overpaid SOB's....

on the other side of that, when the team wins that ring, it's like they start clapping in a state of euphoria, going wooo hooo... this how we do it.... ___ time champions !!!!!

I'm like get the f**k out of here... you aint no a fan...

I know of a met fan that went to the last yankee parade because "he wanted to know what it felt like to win".... this guy was exuding more happiness than some yankee fans out there... mind you, this was the same guy that pulled out every excuse in the book during the regular season that year, as to why the yankees are as good a franchise as they are; you know, the 200 million dollar payroll, the collection of superstars, the usual BS.....

I'll end this in saying:

You don't have to be a stan of a team to be a fan of a team.

And the Yankees are the defending World Series Champions. He is acting as if the Yankees made the playoffs for the first time in years. I wish I could see my f**king joke of a team in the playoffs right now.

check your email

the rays finally got a base hit in a big spot this postseason....

took them long enough...

game is still boring though...

can texas hurry up & knock down tampa to a 60 million dollar payroll (lmao), ending up as a 100 loss team next season, please....

(can't wait to see their lineup next year... lets just say the pirates will have some competition...)

It's now come down to a final game #5 in St. Pete, as Tampa beats Texas in game #4 Sunday 5-3 and forces a game #5.

Looks like a real shot that the infamous record of the Texas Rangers as the only current team(other than the relocated Montreal Expos aka Washington Nationals)to never to win a MLB playoff series is back in play.:eek:

While the Yanks await the winner having almost a week off.

Cliff Lee is going to pitch on Tuesday right? It said TBA for the Rangers starting pitcher, Price for the Rays, no team has ever come back from 0-2 to win a 5 game series.

Sorry as Forest Glen would say 'incorrect.' It has happened at least 1x in MLB playoffs as far as I remember that a team has come back from being down 2 games to none and win a best 3 of 5 games.(maybe someone else can add another time it happened)

In 1982 ALCS (back then no 1st round aka Divisional series)the Brewers then in American League led by future Hall of Famers Robin Yount and Rollie Fingers came back from 0-2 (the LCS was just best of 5 until 1984)vs. the Angels lead with their own future HOF's Reggie Jackson and Rod Crew to win that series 3 games to 2.

The format back then in LCS had 'roatated' between the AL East and AL West (same for National League)yearly as the first 2 games of the '82 ALCS were in Anaheim, Ca. and the last 3 games in Milwaukee.

Brewers who that year won 100 games in the regular season, were then 'upset' in the '82 world series by a then 'kid" Ozzie Smith's St Louis Cardinals. Cards were then in NL East and like their 2006 WS Champion counterparts won a low amount of victories in regular season, i think only 90-92 games that year. The '82 Cards also featured future Mets star 1b and captian Keith Hernendez and future HOF Closer Bruce Sutter.

Hope that useful info/playoff history stat locomotion.;)

Phillies sweep the Reds in their 1st round series and advance to the NLCS for 3rd straight season.

Sorry as Forest Glen would say 'incorrect.' It has happened at least 1x in MLB playoffs as far as I remember that a team has come back from being down 2 games to none and win a best 3 of 5 games.(maybe someone else can add another time it happened)

In 1982 ALCS (back then no 1st round aka Divisional series)the Brewers then in American League led by future Hall of Famers Robin Yount and Rollie Fingers came back from 0-2 (the LCS was just best of 5 until 1984)vs. the Angels lead with their own future HOF's Reggie Jackson and Rod Crew to win that series 3 games to 2.

The format back then in LCS had 'roatated' between the AL East and AL West (same for National League)yearly as the first 2 games of the '82 ALCS were in Anaheim, Ca. and the last 3 games in Milwaukee.

Brewers who that year won 100 games in the regular season, were then 'upset' in the '82 world series by a then 'kid" Ozzie Smith's St Louis Cardinals. Cards were then in NL East and like their 2006 WS Champion counterparts won a low amount of victories in regular season, i think only 90-92 games that year. The '82 Cards also featured future Mets star 1b and captian Keith Hernendez and future HOF Closer Bruce Sutter.

Hope that useful info/playoff history stat locomotion.;)

Archived