2010 MLB Postseason The Hunt For October/November Baseball

mass production

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It also happened in 2001 when the Yankees came back against Oakland. The reverse happened when the Yankees played Seattle in 1995.

Oh forgot i am an idiot. How can i forgot that now historic M's-Yanks series featuring the last year of "Donnie Baseball' as a player, the rookie debut of kids named Rivera and Jeter. For that '95 Seattle club, it featured future HOF's Ken Griffery, Jr. and Randy Johnson.

It amazing that the M's of that era who had some really good teams in the late '90's and into the turn of the century did not at least make the world series at least 1x.:confused:

t's SF Giants vs. Phillies in NLCS thanks to blunder of Brooks Conrad. Conrad making a Bill Buckner impression in last night's game costed the Braves the game and the series as SF won a pivotal game #3 in extra innings.

Tonight 10/11/10 the Giants in another good game win 3-2 and end Bobby Cox career.

Conrad's errors are maybe the biggest errors in a playoff game since Bill Buckner.

Maybe the Rays and Rangers play game #5 in Tampa on Tuesday Night.

check your email

Oh har har, good one Terrapin...

Still can't respond back with a competent counterpoint? B35 summed everything up correctly. You are no better than a fair weather fan. You deserve the 'troll' status on the Yankees message boards for how you are always such a defeatist every damn season. You should be ashamed to call yourself a fan. Root for the Mets since you love to be so damn pessimistic.:tdown:

I'd rather be wrong and see my team win than vice versa.

Fair weather fans will agree with you.

Let's go Yankees!!!

You'll be sounding the panic alarm if they lose a game.

..and let that be a lesson to ya...

never pick the twins to beat the yankees in the postseason ever again.

And don't listen to pessimists who call themselves Yankees fans. To say the Twins will beat the Yankees shows no faith and they may as well jump ship than to make themselves look bad.

=

Good for Texas for beating the Rays. Now at best Lee will start either game 2 or 3. I dare say let AJ pitch against Lee.

Oh har har, good one Terrapin...

Still can't respond back with a competent counterpoint? B35 summed everything up correctly. You are no better than a fair weather fan. You deserve the 'troll' status on the Yankees message boards for how you are always such a defeatist every damn season. You should be ashamed to call yourself a fan. Root for the Mets since you love to be so damn pessimistic.:tdown:

Fair weather fans will agree with you.

You'll be sounding the panic alarm if they lose a game.

You went to yankees.com and looked at my posts?

So let's get back on point guys. What are your picks in the 2010 MLB League Title Series.

Here are mines.

ALCS

Yankees vs. Rangers

Yankees over the Rangers in 6 games.

Cliff Lee starting only game #3 and a possible game 7 hurts Texas chances to pull off upset IMO.

NLCS

Giants vs. Phillies

Phillies win in 6 games.

Lincecum is only reason the Giants stays in this series.

So looks like we will have a rematch of the (NJT) Turnpike Series between the Phils and Yanks.

Unless the Yankees were to tweak the roatation to let Lee [can't beat] pitch against AJ [can't win], I think there will be 6 games. If AJ faced Lee, that could allow the Yankees to hopefully win in 5.

Haven't followed the NL side, so your guess is better than mine.

FYI. My relatives from the Dallas area(My Late Father side of family)tells me this is other than the Cowboys Super Bowl wins, the biggest pro sports event in North Texas history. Bigger than even when the Stars winning the Stanley Cup in '99 and the Mavs making the NBA finals in '06. The Local Dallas TV news stations are sending reporters to NYC to cover the Yanks.

Although football is king in Texas, Baseball is also very popular down there as well.

I wonder which series will get higher TV ratings? The Phillies and Giants have a large fan base. I wouldn't mind both series going to 7 games but that isn't going to happen most likely.

Good question. The Phils and SF Giants both have excellent fan bases. However the Cubs and Dodgers have even bigger followings Nationally/Internationally and are both the '2' most popular NL clubs in polls.

I say Giants/Phils only because it's on 'free tv' and Fox. Ideally Fox should still be showing both LCS and a few non-baseball fans 'b-tching' had to force this stupid current agreement with TBS.

And I don't understand why Bud Selig and MLB Owners force TBS to be like ESPN and NFL Network does for their game and have the playoff games shown also shown on the teams local markets. You can still use the TBS announcers it would be just a re-broadcast of the live telecast.

Many people in NYC don't want or can't afford digital cable in this recession.

The TBS games should shown in NYC say on Ch. 9 which shows crappy shows right now.

I wonder which series will get higher TV ratings? The Phillies and Giants have a large fan base. I wouldn't mind both series going to 7 games but that isn't going to happen most likely.

Phillies-Giants because of the markets and I think it helps that Fox is broadcasting them. The ALCS the NY market will be a big draw, but not so sure about the Texas side and it's on TBS.

Phillies-Giants because of the markets and I think it helps that Fox is broadcasting them. The ALCS the NY market will be a big draw, but not so sure about the Texas side and it's on TBS.

Concourse you know the Texas Ranger primary market is Dallas area and North Texas. While the Astros play in Houston which is in Southeast Texas. The Rangers stadium is in Arlington, Texas a suburu just outside of Dallas. The Rangers share a complex (think Dallas version of the Meadowlands)with the Dallas Cowboys (separte stadium) and 6 flags over Texas.(Their version of Great Adventure)

Dallas area is now the country's 5 largest media market trailing only NYC, LA, Chicago and Philadelphia.

If Rangers make it to world series, it would mark only a handful of times that a world series and super bowl would be held in same city/region in same calendar year.

I wish it was reversed where Fox showed the ALCS (not that I like Joe Buck or Tim McCarver). There's something special about watching baseball on Fox.

But that area is more an NFL/Football type of fan base. Just because Nolan Ryan made the team more exciting, doesn't mean they might get a high enough fan base. I just don't see it.

But I will say that the Rangers have a better market than the Rays.

Not to mention the Cowboys are celebrating this year their 50th anniversity as an NFL club as they started as Texas 1st major pro team in 1960. Not to mention Texas has been a college football hotbed going back to the 1920's.

Meanwhile the Texas Rangers did not begin play until i think the start 1973 season after moving from Washington, DC as the renamed former Washington Senators.

And the NBA Mavericks began in 1979 and the NHL Dallas Stars relocated to North Texas from Minnesota in summer of 1992. So of course the Cowboys being around that area the longest and winning 5 super bowls will be the region's most popular team.

And that goes back to my original point about the Phillies-Giants having a better ratings. So what's the disagreement from what I said before?

=

I wish it was reversed where Fox showed the ALCS (not that I like Joe Buck or Tim McCarver). There's something special about watching baseball on Fox.

Not really. I'm starting to get tired of Fox's coverage. I just don't think TBS is much better. But like it or not TBS and Fox will rotate coverage so that Fox can split the costs with another network because of their misguided signing of WS coverage over several years which included some low rated games like the ChiSox-Astros, Phillies-Rays, Giants-Angels.

And that goes back to my original point about the Phillies-Giants having a better ratings. So what's the disagreement from what I said before?

=

Not really. I'm starting to get tired of Fox's coverage. I just don't think TBS is much better. But like it or not TBS and Fox will rotate coverage so that Fox can split the costs with another network because of their misguided signing of WS coverage over several years which included some low rated games like the ChiSox-Astros, Phillies-Rays, Giants-Angels.

FYI. The current MLB post season TV contract with Fox and TBS ends after the 2013 World Series.

Huh? Baseball coverage on Fox being special? The only thing I say Fox is good is that the production/camera shots and stats are the best ever for a station carrying MLB.

IMO as far as announcing most of you guys missed a great era of baseball in the 1980's when NBC and ABC(usually the later part of the regular season and rotate the WS every year)was MLB's TV home.

The 1980's NBC crew featuring Dodgers announcer Vin Scully, Tony Kubek Joe Garoliga and Bob Costas as Studio Host/Back-up Play-Play Man might have the best MLB TV team ever.

While ABC featuring Al Micheals, former Orioles Hall of Fame Pitcher Jim Palmer and McCarver was also great.

Man I miss those days.

Archived