2010 MLB Postseason The Hunt For October/November Baseball

mass production

point #1: It don't matter what channel airs MLB playoff games nowadays... these commentators are so goddamn boring, it makes watching the game disinteresting - even when your team is winning....

point #2: CC did the same thing against Liriano in game 1 in the ALDS (stunk up the place)... luckily, they ended up coming back & winning... it doesn't sway me either way what happens in a game 1 of a 7 game series; in any sport.. I start gettin concerned (or) eager, come during game 3 & onward....

point #3:I forgot who it was that asked the question... but now you see that Texas ended up gettin home field advantage :P

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

point #2: CC did the same thing against Liriano in game 1 in the ALDS (stunk up the place)... luckily, they ended up coming back & winning... it doesn't sway me either way what happens in a game 1 of a 7 game series; in any sport.. I start gettin concerned (or) eager, come during game 3 & onward....

In most cases you right bro. However in case with the Rangers, winning game #1 is almost a must (they losing as I type this)since they are 'underdogs' against the wild card Yanks.

Texas is on verge of losing and wasting a great game pitched by Wilson.

One: that was a division game, so other than the 2004 ALCS, I'm not too worried about previous series stats.

Two: I'm not shedding a tear for them. They'll likely get games Lee and AJ pitches. The Yankees will take anything they can get right now.

Very true. This is another example of another good team trying to compete

w/ Yanks and losing for this main reason. The Bullpen.

As I stated in this thread earlier, I stated how Maranio Rivera is the most underrated and underappericated superstar in pro sports over last 15 years.

"MO' is this era's Bill Russell who both revolutionzied their sports during their team's dystany.

I agree, this guy pitching later on today(Colby Lewis) has a good ERA for the American league(3.72), and Tommy Hunter who is game 4 starter had a 3.73 ERA this past season.

The Yankees bullpen won the game last night in my opinion, 5 shutout innings using 4 pitchers. 7 out of the 10 Yankees hits were singles. But the Yankees offense is like a faucet, they can turn it on at anytime with ease. Even if the Yankees lose today, it will be a best of 5 series with 3 games at Yankee Stadium. I know Lee is pitching in game 3 and if necessary game 7 but the bullpens will decide who wins this series and not the starters.

I agree, this guy pitching later on today(Colby Lewis) has a good ERA for the American league(3.72), and Tommy Hunter who is game 4 starter had a 3.73 ERA this past season.

The Yankees bullpen won the game last night in my opinion, 5 shutout innings using 4 pitchers. 7 out of the 10 Yankees hits were singles. But the Yankees offense is like a faucet, they can turn it on at anytime with ease. Even if the Yankees lose today, it will be a best of 5 series with 3 games at Yankee Stadium. I know Lee is pitching in game 3 and if necessary game 7 but the bullpens will decide who wins this series and not the starters.

More like the Rangers middle relief bullpen 'choking' more than anything why the Bombers won. Yes the Yanks bullpen did a great job after CC got smacked around. However if Texas had at least a descent set up guy or a Brad Lidge type closer (nobody is Rivera)they win the game last night.

IMO the only way the Rangers wins this series is for their starters to go deep into games and Lee continue to be 'lights outs' in winning his 2 starts in this series. Texas is a good team but their middle relief like most teams in MLB sucks IMO.

Not bothered at all... matter fact, I expected texas to win today...

safe to say that this series is going at least 6....

yankee SP will step it up back in the bronx

texas SP will snap back to reality

little something called the law of averages...

side note:

I have a feeling that Lee/Pettitte is gonna be more classic/vintage than Halladay/Lincecum...

Not bothered at all... matter fact, I expected texas to win today...

safe to say that this series is going at least 6....

yankee SP will step it up back in the bronx

texas SP will snap back to reality

little something called the law of averages...

side note:

I have a feeling that Lee/Pettitte is gonna be more classic/vintage than Halladay/Lincecum...

So B35 what is your LCS picks?

Lee is just a monster, unless he had to be taken out due to a high pitch count, I dare say a game 7 could be the end for the Yankees. I know they say it's time for him to blow a game, but the same people said the same about the Twins finally beating the Yankees and look how that turned out.

So if anything, the Yankees needs to win by game 6. I'm also hoping these poor outings by Hughes and CC are cuz of rust. The bullpen as nice as it's been can't keep eating up innings.

C'mon! Lets have both series go the distance, pure excitement until the end, do or die. Ah, you are afraid to face Lee at Texas Rangers ballpark.

being "afraid" to face Lee in a game 7 has nothin to do with my prediction....

besides, if the series goes to a game 6 with texas down 3-2, Lee would pitch game 6 to save their season... they'd probably throw Wilson (who's no slouch in his own right) in a game 7....

either way though, I do see this series going back to texas....

As for the giants/phillies, doesn't matter to me either way who comes out on top.... I will say it won't be a good look for baseball if the giants end up facing the rangers in the WS... talk about a ratings killer....

Lee is just a monster, unless he had to be taken out due to a high pitch count, I dare say a game 7 could be the end for the Yankees. I know they say it's time for him to blow a game, but the same people said the same about the Twins finally beating the Yankees and look how that turned out.

So if anything, the Yankees needs to win by game 6. I'm also hoping these poor outings by Hughes and CC are cuz of rust. The bullpen as nice as it's been can't keep eating up innings.

Yeh, CC's been rusty this whole postseason so far... don't know what's up w/ him... As for Hughes, I don't think it's rust; he just got beat by a better pitching performance yesterday....

Good point about the Yankee relief... they've been holding their own so far this postseason, keeping opponents at bay.... the Yankee (offense) need to take the exact same approach that Texas did yesterday - swing at will, early, and often...

We know that the Yankees are a late inning team, but you can't expect to come back from 5+ down in the 7th onward every game & expect to win a playoff series....

Totally true. Even though it is good to know that 5 runs down is 'catchable', wasting other opportunities can hurt later on. The starters cannot give up this many runs in so few innings. Unless CC pitches a gem next outing, this team isn't going to last long if they play in the WS.

Also now if Andy loses, we may need Burnett to be the 'savior'.

Totally true. Even though it is good to know that 5 runs down is 'catchable', wasting other opportunities can hurt later on. The starters cannot give up this many runs in so few innings. Unless CC pitches a gem next outing, this team isn't going to last long if they play in the WS.

Also now if Andy loses, we may need Burnett to be the 'savior'.

As many callers were discussing this "AJ" game #4 start on Francesa's WFAN show during the week, many callers and Francesa were calling for Giradi to go back to CC in game #4 if Yanks were down 2 games to 1. And never start AJ but used as an long inning man if any of the starters got hurt.

As many callers were discussing this "AJ" game #4 start on Francesa's WFAN show during the week, many callers and Francesa were calling for Giradi to go back to CC in game #4 if Yanks were down 2 games to 1. And never start AJ but used as an long inning man if any of the starters got hurt.

Listen, Girardi is going to stick with A.J for game 4 no matter what, they can talk all they want over the radio, it's the managers call in the end. That having been said I feel that the Yankees can win 2 out of 3 at home where they have a huge advantage. The Rangers finished 3 games under 500 for the season on the road,that isn't very good. Yankees up 3-2 going to Texas for game 6, that is the likely scenario in my opinion.

Archived