"Lend us your rears: KFC wants college women to advertise their 'bun-less' chicken sandwich"

Shortline Bus

Lend us your rears: KFC wants college women to advertise their 'bun-less' chicken sandwich

by Lindsay Goldwert

NY DAILY NEWS WRITER

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010

"College women, be on the lookout. KFC is hot for your buns.

The fast-food chain is seeking "college co-eds" willing to offer their backsides as "human billboards" for their "bun-less" Double Down chicken sandwich.

"KFC is taking advertising to a whole new medium: the backsides of college sweatpants," a company scribe wrote in a press release.

"It’s hard to imagine anyone escaped the buzz of the Double Down earlier this year," said John Cywinski, Chief Marketing and Food Innovation Officer for KFC. "But in an effort to reach consumers coast-to-coast, and especially our key target of young men, we've established yet another advertising first – one that’s fitting of the Double Down's head-turning history."

Despite its crowing, the chicken franchise is hardly the first to use posterior advertising.

Companies including Victoria's Secret, Juicy Couture as well as college apparel have long since utilized the seat of the sweatpants for ready advertisement.

The practice has even spawned its own advertising genre.

"Ass-vertizing" has been used in the last decade to sell everything from Kodak film to sneakers.

Females willing to loan out their rear-end real estate to hawk the 480-540 calorie sandwich will be rewarded with the customized sweatpants, KFC gift certificates and $500."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2010/09/22/2010-09-22_lend_us_your_rears_kfc_wants_college_women_to_advertise_their_bunless_chicken_sa.html#ixzz10Qxo6UIg

Lend us your rears: KFC wants college women to advertise their 'bun-less' chicken sandwich

by Lindsay Goldwert

NY DAILY NEWS WRITER

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010

"College women, be on the lookout. KFC is hot for your buns.

The fast-food chain is seeking "college co-eds" willing to offer their backsides as "human billboards" for their "bun-less" Double Down chicken sandwich.

"KFC is taking advertising to a whole new medium: the backsides of college sweatpants," a company scribe wrote in a press release.

"It’s hard to imagine anyone escaped the buzz of the Double Down earlier this year," said John Cywinski, Chief Marketing and Food Innovation Officer for KFC. "But in an effort to reach consumers coast-to-coast, and especially our key target of young men, we've established yet another advertising first – one that’s fitting of the Double Down's head-turning history."

Despite its crowing, the chicken franchise is hardly the first to use posterior advertising.

Companies including Victoria's Secret, Juicy Couture as well as college apparel have long since utilized the seat of the sweatpants for ready advertisement.

The practice has even spawned its own advertising genre.

"Ass-vertizing" has been used in the last decade to sell everything from Kodak film to sneakers.

Females willing to loan out their rear-end real estate to hawk the 480-540 calorie sandwich will be rewarded with the customized sweatpants, KFC gift certificates and $500."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2010/09/22/2010-09-22_lend_us_your_rears_kfc_wants_college_women_to_advertise_their_bunless_chicken_sa.html#ixzz10Qxo6UIg

I don't know of anyone who'd stoop that low.

Some girls already wear some shorts that has some wording on it [including for sports teams]. This will probably be no big deal and to get paid for wearing it, well that's going to be a bonus to them.

True. I always see the short shorts the HS and college girls have that say "defense" on the back.

Now I'm no psychiatrist but that just seems like it would make some of the wrong guys out there want to go on "offense"...

True. I always see the short shorts the HS and college girls have that say "defense" on the back.

Now I'm no psychiatrist but that just seems like it would make some of the wrong guys out there want to go on "offense"...

LMFAO! So true. I dunno what their dads are thinking letting their daughters go out like that. Call me a prude, but if I had a daughter, I wouldn't let her go out with that kind of shorts on even if it earned her some easy $. No girl of mine dresses like a tramp or a slut.

It's an easy $500 just to wear some pants. Obviously those who think girls who do this are sluts have not been in the position of poor college student (no, being "broke" while living at home and going to college is NOT the same thing). Like SG said, if they have a nice ass, why not put it to use.

Exactly PopsicleGirl some of the kiddies here don't seem to get that there's a difference between a girl being sexy and being a disease ridden slut...

...And it doesn't have anything to do with how they dress on Friday night or their willingness to model to make some money.

I made all the right friends then. ;)

Lol, pretty much.

The best is when they have the word juicy on their butts.

Archived