Frankie here:

frankie

Hello from St. Peters, Missouri! I'm glad to have found this forum - a great wealth of information of my beloved subway system as well as a wonderful subway ride down memory lane!

I'm Frankie, born in 1947 and raised in the Bushwick section of Brooklyn before moving to Mineola in 1960. I've lived in the St. Louis area since 1969 where I worked as a cartographer for the Defense Department before retiring in 2002.

I have great memories of riding the subway systems while growing up in Brooklyn and fond memories of riding the Myrtle, Broadway and Canarsie lines. My dad, long deceased, worked for the NYCTA (ENY shops) as a bus mechanic and he was my inspiration for my hobby of collecting model buses which total well over 2400.

The only nostalgic subway memorabilia that I have (besides HO scale subway cars) is my complete side destination assembly off of IND R4 car number 448. I still find it amazing that the exterior side is actually part of the car itself. Photos of them are forthcoming - so stay tuned!

Archived