CP Orion V CNG

NewFlyer 230

Have you noticed that college Pt depot is the only NYC mta bus depot that hasn't received any hybrid novas or any brand new local buses since take over in 06.:(

Why haven't they gotten any new local service buses. I like the 05 cng's but they are old and they they are dirty and rusted in the inside a bit .There's also a couple that are trying to sound like NF C40lf's, while sitting at a light.

If Long Island bus gives All 100 NG CNG's plus mta purchase of 45 NF's in 2011 then all but 20 retire

Come on (MTA)

Do you think they should gotten new buses after the takeover

A welcome to you CPTMAN ,I am A Bus op at this Depot and from what I heard the new order is on the way maybe Cait Sith can Explain on this order but I'm told very soon . The JAckie Gleason buses we just got are already on the way to EastChester .

I've been A hummungoidd fan of Nova Rts's but our dump Tanks are built for CNG so diesel is not on the menu and I'm A diesel hog so hope this helped.

Have you noticed that college Pt depot is the only NYC mta bus depot that hasn't received any hybrid novas or any brand new local buses since take over in 06.:(

Why haven't they gotten any new local service buses. I like the 05 cng's but they are old and they they are dirty and rusted in the inside a bit .There's also a couple that are trying to sound like NF C40lf's, while sitting at a light.

If Long Island bus gives All 100 NG CNG's plus mta purchase of 45 NF's in 2011 then all but 20 retire

Come on (MTA)

Do you think they should gotten new buses after the takeover

When MTA took over Queens Surface, they wanted to keep things uniform at CP. There were a large amount of 1997-1999 O5 CNGs spread throughout the private lines, and QSC has the youngest fleet. Priority was to get buses to depots that really needed them. That's why some of the the new CNG's will go over there because now it's their turn.

A welcome to you CPTMAN ,I am A Bus op at this Depot and from what I heard the new order is on the way maybe Cait Sith can Explain on this order but I'm told very soon . The JAckie Gleason buses we just got are already on the way to EastChester .

I've been A hummungoidd fan of Nova Rts's but our dump Tanks are built for CNG so diesel is not on the menu and I'm A diesel hog so hope this helped.

It will be a minute till you guys get new buses. Well over a year, unless MTA takes their buses back from LIB, which I don't see happening anytime soon, or at least not before the new buses start to come in. And I can't really see CP getting any of the 270 buses from NF/Nova/Orion either. Unless the TA plans on sending some of the new CNGs from the base and/or optional orders to SC, CP will end up with a total of 202 brand new C40's.

Why do people like LI's NG CNGs that much? They'd break apart if they tried to run on city streets. This is why the N1 (RARE!), N4, 6, 20/21, 22/A, and 24 don't go that far into Queens... lol.

Some of those MCIs did find their way onto LI for Bustitutions.

The CNG's structure is identical to the hybrids which are already running on city streets.

Why do people like LI's NG CNGs that much? They'd break apart if they tried to run on city streets. This is why the N1 (RARE!), N4, 6, 20/21, 22/A, and 24 don't go that far into Queens... lol.

Some of those MCIs did find their way onto LI for Bustitutions.

Because they ride better than you think and are actually built better than any O7 that is in the city right now!That includes the NG hybrids!The LI NG's break apart on city streets?Nah I don't think so.Bring em!

It's about that time for the ex-Queens Surface Orion Vs to take that trip to the garage in the sky. Their CNG tanks are on the verge of needing re-certification/expiration and so hopefully the new CNG order of New Flyer C40LFs will alleviate the losses. It's been a good 12-13 years with these buses, the two things I'll miss about those buses are their loud ringers and Detroit Diesel Series 50G engines.

As for our NG CNGs at Long Island Bus, they're OKAY (the seating... and barely any standing room... ugh) as far as they go, but the EPA screwed around with the ISL-Gs, they should be sounding a hell of a lot better than that without those silly modifications.

Because they ride better than you think and are actually built better than any O7 that is in the city right now!That includes the NG hybrids!The LI NG's break apart on city streets?Nah I don't think so.Bring em!

They are built the exact same way. The hybrids have a battery pack, and HVAC unit on the roof, and the CNG has a tank. That's the ONLY structural difference.

I think the city's NGs with the cords look kinda weird. Strips make the bus interior look much sleeker and I love the sound you hear when you hit the strip.

Or that weird STOP button on the handle next to the rear door. I used to think that if I hit it, it would be like an e-brake and stop the bus.

Tell that guy at Orion that New York doesn't maintain its streets... and I'm surprised LI's NGs haven't had problems yet.

They are built the exact same way. The hybrids have a battery pack, and HVAC unit on the roof, and the CNG has a tank. That's the ONLY structural difference.

If they're built the exact same way then how come we've heard more problems with the city ones than the LI ones?And the excuse that the city ones get more abuse won't cut it.

If they're built the exact same way then how come we've heard more problems with the city ones than the LI ones?And the excuse that the city ones get more abuse won't cut it.

Because it's simple physics. Weight, ballance, load, powertrain, options. And the ones in the city do get 10 times more abuse. Queens is very hard on buses.

I think the city's NGs with the cords look kinda weird. Strips make the bus interior look much sleeker and I love the sound you hear when you hit the strip.

Or that weird STOP button on the handle next to the rear door. I used to think that if I hit it, it would be like an e-brake and stop the bus.

Tell that guy at Orion that New York doesn't maintain its streets... and I'm surprised LI's NGs haven't had problems yet.

The cords are to make maintanence costs lower as opposed to using the tape. I don't have a problem with them.

Stop buttons are also very nice as opposed to reaching over a person to touch the tape.

There are more NG hybrids than CNG's, plus the five boroughs combined are much larger than Nassau County so you're bound to run into many more problems.

The cords are to make maintanence costs lower as opposed to using the tape. I don't have a problem with them.

Stop buttons are also very nice as opposed to reaching over a person to touch the tape.

However, the MTA should have decided on one set of interior specs (instead of 445 buses with bars and 407 buses with Vapor CLASS exit doors). Was there a reason why the order did not start out with the CLASS doors?

Of course, all of the 1700s have Vapor CLASS doors.

Archived