MTA Bus v. NYC Transit

NewFlyer 230

This is big. Do You Think the TA is treating the MTA bus company different from NYCT buses.

(1) MTA buses on have (MTA) bus on the side and back

If they are under the same company need the (MTA)New York City Bus right

(2) MTA buses Q25/ Q34 when terminating on Main Street (7) station they have "Roosevelt AV" instead Of Flushing Main STA like Q17/27

3. MTA buses don't have School Trips like NYCT buses

4. On the Bus Schedule they don't have all the detail like Lirr and bus tranfers.

5. Two other thing NYCT buses don't have a different color line for LTD buses.

and they are different colors.

What do you think (F)(A)(R)(E) or not

This is big. Do You Think the TA is treating the MTA bus company different from NYCT buses.

(1) MTA buses on have (MTA) bus on the side and back

If they are under the same company need the (MTA)New York City Bus right

(2) MTA buses Q25/ Q34 when terminating on Main Street (7) station they have "Roosevelt AV" instead Of Flushing Main STA like Q17/27

3. MTA buses don't have School Trips like NYCT buses

4. On the Bus Schedule they don't have all the detail like Lirr and bus tranfers.

What do you think (F)(A)(R)(E) or not

1.) They are both subsidiaries of the MTA, and they operate as two separate entities.

2.) That's just how the signs were programed, which dates back to PBL days.

3.) True.

4.) Most, and all of the new ones do.

5.) I'm not following you on that one. LTD and local routes of the same number, have the same color.

Are you talking about subway and LIRR? They do those sometime don't they?. Although the only time I have known for them to do it was during the LIRR mess. Maybe that was the only time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It would be so much easier if Far Rock and JFK could've handled the bulk of the shuttle service on the Rockaways than to bring buses from as far as maybe Manhattan or even the Bronx.

You mean like NYCT Bus have Green Scrolling Sign and MTA Bus have orange

Orion VII hybrids for ex: Q113 orange, Q43 green

On PDF Schedule, (MTA) Bus Co does not show connecting buses, but (NYCT) and LI bus schedule shows connecting buses.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this. There's no good reason that connecting bus routes aren't shown on route maps. Neither for why there aren't maps aboard buses. What makes this even more astounding is that buses transferred from NYCT usually have the maps taken out, even if they're for the correct division.

Also MTA bus does not do shuttle

Supposedly according to the other board, they're doing the (G) shuttle in a couple of hours.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Supposedly according to the other board, they're doing the (G) shuttle in a couple of hours.

Its true. I'm on 3509 now from Baisley Pk. The only other buses they have out here (as of this moment) is 115 (LGA), 3641 (LGA), 8921 (LGA) and 3509 (Baisley)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I'm 99.9999999 percent sure that only NYCT runs shuttle unless there emergency shuttles and I still believe that only in a really bad situation.

I guess (MTA) Bus is doing the (G) G.O since there's a whole bunch of other bustitutions out this weekend

Guest UnionTpke E F
1.) They are both subsidiaries of the MTA, and they operate as two separate entities.

2.) That's just how the signs were programed, which dates back to PBL days.

3.) True.

4.) Most, and all of the new ones do.

5.) I'm not following you on that one. LTD and local routes of the same number, have the same color.

Actually, for #2 I think the (MTA) has changed the programming on the busses. I've taken the Q25/34 every month or so for about a decade and the signage is different from the old Queens Surface one. For example, they never said via Kissena/Parsons before the takeover. And if they have changed it, they should be capable of changing it again.

Its true. I'm on 3509 now from Baisley Pk. The only other buses they have out here (as of this moment) is 115 (LGA), 3641 (LGA), 8921 (LGA) and 3509 (Baisley)

I remember when 8921 was at ENY. That bus can take off like a rocket.

Archived