MTA Bus v. NYC Transit

NewFlyer 230

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Another thing is that most (MTA) Bus bus stops don't hae the current sign unless its shared with NYCT (except for the express buses and the B103)

I thought MTA Bus did school specials. Doesn't August Martin have the Q111/113 in addition to the Q85.

They do. Beach Channel does it with the Q22 even back in the Green Line days.

I'm 99.9999999 percent sure that only NYCT runs shuttle unless there emergency shuttles and I still believe that only in a really bad situation.

The days of things being done the way we are used to at MTA are pretty much gone. NYCT and MTAB are essentially the same now, with minor differences.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Another thing is that most (MTA) Bus bus stops don't hae the current sign unless its shared with NYCT (except for the express buses and the B103)

They do. Beach Channel does it with the Q22 even back in the Green Line days.

Even at the Q111 school trips from MS.72 queens in rochdale and Q43. And b7 and b8 from tilden hs.

Actually, for #2 I think the (MTA) has changed the programming on the busses. I've taken the Q25/34 every month or so for about a decade and the signage is different from the old Queens Surface one. For example, they never said via Kissena/Parsons before the takeover. And if they have changed it, they should be capable of changing it again.

All of the destinations signs(local & express) have been reprogrammed to reflect more where the bus is going, and new route numbers.

Also MTA bus does not do shuttle

Yes we do and have done. Most recently the entire "G" shuttle work was all MTA Bus and LIB only, with NYCT Dispatchers.

I'm 99.9999999 percent sure that only NYCT runs shuttle unless there emergency shuttles and I still believe that only in a really bad situation.

There is an ongoing debate as to how the shuttle work should be covered and by whom, within the TWU. The MTA is using the rift as it sees fit , for its own advandage.

This is big. Do You Think the TA is treating the MTA bus company different from NYCT buses.

Absolutely!

Are you talking about subway and LIRR? They do those sometime don't they?. Although the only time I have known for them to do it was during the LIRR mess. Maybe that was the only time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Has also been done as on the Metro North, the Q to Astoria.

It would be so much easier if Far Rock and JFK could've handled the bulk of the shuttle service on the Rockaways than to bring buses from as far as maybe Manhattan or even the Bronx.

But they can't, not everyone want to work OT, plus there are union work rules to consider.

MTA Bus is 100 percent reimbursed by NYC (since they originally wanted the MTA to take over these routes, MTA managed to get the City to agree to pay for all of the costs with no limit)

NYCT doesn't get as much subsidies if at all (funding has been reduced over the years).

So that why all of MTA Bus's new equipment is going to NYCT! Call Bloomie, we are getting robbed!

Eastchester Depot should help Gun Hill and West Farms Depot with (6)(S) Bus or Orchard Beach Concert Shuttle Bus.

Eastchester Depot BOs are still shell shocked about having a local route, please do not traumatize them with more local work. B)

Has also been done as on the Metro North, the Q to Astoria.

See I knew I wasn't crazy! My brother who is an ENY B/O, also told me it had been done before, but couldn't remember when that was, or what line, so I didn't post it. Yet I knew it could be done, and will definitely happen again in the future. Especially in this day and age. Thanks for the clarification!

I've always wondered what LIB operators feel when they run in the city and haven't done so before.

A few routes from the smaller RVC depot (N4, N31/32, 33) do run into the city, but the 31/32 go into Far Rock and that seems more suburban than the part of Jamaica the N4 runs through. One person here or someone else recorded a ride on a (G) shuttle and the operator of the MCI he was on (I find the more senior operators to be more social and friendly, and that one was) said he was coaxed into doing it and that he was following the guy in the Orion VII in front of him, but then laughed when the guy recording said "it's overtime."

I've always wondered what LIB operators feel when they run in the city and haven't done so before.

A few routes from the smaller RVC depot (N4, N31/32, 33) do run into the city, but the 31/32 go into Far Rock and that seems more suburban than the part of Jamaica the N4 runs through. One person here or someone else recorded a ride on a (G) shuttle and the operator of the MCI he was on (I find the more senior operators to be more social and friendly, and that one was) said he was coaxed into doing it and that he was following the guy in the Orion VII in front of him, but then laughed when the guy recording said "it's overtime."

It was actually an Orion V (ex-Bee Line) out of LaGuardia. It also depends on the operator. I know some seniors who couldn't care less about anything other than a paycheck. I also remember being on an (L) train shuttle in Brooklyn, and the Operator was a MJQ guy, who had no idea where he was going. He was following the UP coach in front of us. We talked for the duration of the trip, and he was one of the nicest guys I ever met. There are so many B/O's who do subway shuttles, that have no experience in the borough (or the shuttle line) they are doing OT on, you wouldn't believe it. But as you say, you find more senior operators to be social and friendly, and I say It depends on the individual B/O, and the depot they work out of.

(W)ell let me start off by saying we get treated like ish from NYCT

They treat us different due to us being TakenOver and getting Contracts that NYCT don't get .

College Pt Depot TWU 100 ,We had such A sweet Contract once upon A time but now thats all said & Gone.

Even our pass ID's are different and Transit gives us hard times getting in the System but that's solely (MTA)(NYCT) Fault ,Should be (1) pass (1) color and thats the bottom line.

Even Path let me on for free ,However I would give A Courtesy Anytime .

Equipment differs as well ,Just take A look at A NYCT MCI or RTS

They have front grab handles by the Farebox and A Lock a(1)rm gate for ops

we don't ,We got smaller grab handles in the front .

When we go to (Z)erega for 19-(A) ,They treat us different and this whole thing (F)(N) sucks but no matter ,I still give courtesy to my fellow personnel in the System

It was actually an Orion V (ex-Bee Line) out of LaGuardia. It also depends on the operator. I know some seniors who couldn't care less about anything other than a paycheck. I also remember being on an (L) train shuttle in Brooklyn, and the Operator was a MJQ guy, who had no idea where he was going. He was following the UP coach in front of us. We talked for the duration of the trip, and he was one of the nicest guys I ever met. There are so many B/O's who do subway shuttles, that have no experience in the borough (or the shuttle line) they are doing OT on, you wouldn't believe it. But as you say, you find more senior operators to be social and friendly, and I say It depends on the individual B/O, and the depot they work out of.

I helped a LGA driver on that (G) shuttle. They said they called him in from home and sent him out there. Poor driver didn't have the slightest clue where he was going and the bus he was following (a Baisley Park bus) sped up. When the LGA driver got caughtb at a red light

I agree. Some B103 stop is purple. LTD on Q6, Q10, and Q25 is also purple.

All B103 bus stops are the standard NYCT Bus bus stops, minus the schedule

MTA Bus is doing a shuttle this morning on the A line at Far Rock.

I live near Cornaga ave. and I was watching some CNGs from CP pass and I saw an O5 branded "MTA Bus" with Stengel stickers still on it.... Are they transferring Buses from Stengel to MTA Bus depots?

I live near Cornaga ave. and I was watching some CNGs from CP pass and I saw an O5 branded "MTA Bus" with Stengel stickers still on it.... Are they transferring Buses from Stengel to MTA Bus depots?

I think it's the other way around, I rode Q44's labeled MTA Bus with both Eastchester & Casey Stengel stickers but that was a few months ago.

Then again you are in Far Rockaway so you're probably right. CS has no routes anywhere close to there.

I think it's the other way around, I rode Q44's labeled MTA Bus with both Eastchester & Casey Stengel stickers but that was a few months ago.

Then again you are in Far Rockaway so you're probably right. CS has no routes anywhere close to there.

He probably saw 6012. It still has the (MTA) Bus branding on it.

20100918181247-a0e5aca9.jpg

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Those were the O5's that went to Eastchester when the (former) QBx1 got half-transfered. Then when Eastchester got some RTSs, they gave those buses back to Stengel

Thats true I've also seen 6015 6011 6017 with MTAB at Casey but now some have new badging.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Those were the O5's that went to Eastchester when the (former) QBx1 got half-transfered. Then when Eastchester got some RTSs, they gave those buses back to Stengel

Actually when they went to Eastchester, I don't think they were in service at all. Eastchester has only ran the RTS on local routes IIRC. College Point actually had 6010-6017, 6020, 6021, and 6066 for most, if not all of 2009.

Archived