MTA Bus v. NYC Transit

NewFlyer 230

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Actually when they went to Eastchester, I don't think they were in service at all. Eastchester has only ran the RTS on local routes IIRC. College Point actually had 6010-6017, 6020, 6021, and 6066 for most, if not all of 2009.

When they were at Eastchester, they were (or at meast most of them) was in service

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

When they were at Eastchester, they were (or at meast most of them) was in service

On the QBx1? When? I remember them running out of College Point on the QBx1.

I'm pretty sure of that too. Don't confuse these Orion Vs with the ex-Beeline Orion Vs that Eastchester had.

Does anyone know what exactly is stopping (MTA) Bus and (MTA) New York City Bus from becoming a single entity? I know they already are managerially, because of Regional Bus, but exactly what union issue is stopping them? I know it's an issue with working out a compromise between the two separate contracts but are they still working on this?

BTW, why are there still random differences between NYCT Bus routes and (MTA) bus routes such as bus stop color ((MTA) Bus is a lighter shade of blue), no front ads, and the lack of Guide-a-Rides at bus stops (if the regional change was back in 2008)?

Does anyone know what exactly is stopping (MTA) Bus and (MTA) New York City Bus from becoming a single entity? I know they already are managerially, because of Regional Bus, but exactly what union issue is stopping them? I know it's an issue with working out a compromise between the two separate contracts but are they still working on this?

BTW, why are there still random differences between NYCT Bus routes and (MTA) bus routes such as bus stop color ((MTA) Bus is a lighter shade of blue), no front ads, and the lack of Guide-a-Rides at bus stops (if the regional change was back in 2008)?

Operationally they are one so to speak. But the two agencies have different contracts, which would have to be merged, and one Super-Senority list would have to be made as well. Under the surface, there are basicly 3 different entities. NYCTA, MaBSTOA, and Bus Company.

I'm pretty sure of that too. Don't confuse these Orion Vs with the ex-Beeline Orion Vs that Eastchester had.

They did run Stengel buses on the QBx1 when it first went to Eastchester. At that time, that was the only rason why I went to the Bronx lol. It was around the time when we first bought those ex-Bee lines and they were just sitting in the lot looking half dead

Operationally they are one so to speak. But the two agencies have different contracts, which would have to be merged, and one Super-Senority list would have to be made as well. Under the surface, there are basicly 3 different entities. NYCTA, MaBSTOA, and Bus Company.

NYCT is a civil service test job. That is a big reason why there won't be a single entity soon. MTA Bus is still separate because even though it is one company all the depots have different rules and contracts too.

There is a super seniority list for MTA Bus but it still far away from being used for picking.

The most important thing blocking this is money. They had all these grand schemes for making all the public transportation in New York state one giant MTA juggernaut. Then they realized that even the best laid plans that work on paper don't always work in real life.

So in MTA Bus, can you get picked out of a depot if they all have different contracts, even though they are all MTA Bus?.. Like you can in TA & OA? Or if you go to a depot, do you pretty much stay there...? How does that work?

NYCT is a civil service test job. That is a big reason why there won't be a single entity soon. MTA Bus is still separate because even though it is one company all the depots have different rules and contracts too.

There is a super seniority list for MTA Bus but it still far away from being used for picking.

The most important thing blocking this is money. They had all these grand schemes for making all the public transportation in New York state one giant MTA juggernaut. Then they realized that even the best laid plans that work on paper don't always work in real life.

MaBSTOA isn't civil service either though is sit?

So basicly, JFK, and Far Rockaway would be the only 2 MTA Bus depots with the same rules and contract?

Mabstoa is not civil service only ta.at mta depots jfk and far rock, those are the only 2 depots you can move back and forth bc there the green line depots and those are the union atu 1179 rules. The merger will never happen there's to many unions and different work rules,every mta bus depot is run different not to mention the memebership is not for moving around from depot to depot.plus now inside transit there's rumor that mabstoa and ta will be segregated which means there will never be a merger.oa wants to be seperate from ta.

Lots of shuttles this weekend. I hope MTA Bus gets some of the action!

Each Boro would be its own branch of service if u picked uptown u gotta stay. QU is limited since it only 3 u can move back and forth out of 8. Your best bet is to go to Brooklyn or SI since all there depot are TA. Kant forget 126 quick question is 100th St OA or TA?

100st is OA.

Each Boro would be its own branch of service if u picked uptown u gotta stay. QU is limited since it only 3 u can move back and forth out of 8. Your best bet is to go to Brooklyn or SI since all there depot are TA. Kant forget 126 quick question is 100th St OA or TA?
Brooklyn,Queens, and Staten Island Divisions as well as 126th Street Depot are TA Depots

this was the grand scheme and this is how it came about that MaBSTOA was able to pick into Brooklyn and Brooklyn Division was able to pick into MaBSTOA because MaBSTOA and Brooklyn Division is represented by TWU some type of agreement with management which should have never been ratified/approved

Online PDF bus schedules are different:

Blue for (NYCT); Light Blue for (MTA) Bus and Gray for LIB.

Long Island's online schedules are gray and black, but the actual updated ones (i.e. the ones for this fall) still retain the blue scheme.

Weren't Manhattan and the Bronx the first boroughs to be taken over by the MTA?

Long Island's online schedules are gray and black, but the actual updated ones (i.e. the ones for this fall) still retain the blue scheme.

Weren't Manhattan and the Bronx the first boroughs to be taken over by the MTA?

No. Manhattan and The Bronx were among the last.

-Brooklyn was the first major take-over by NYCTA in 1940, that's why Surface Transit HQ is at the East New York Depot. A few Queens lines were obviously included.

-All of Staten Island and a few more Queens routes were taken over in 1947.

-All of the remaining Manhattan and The Bronx lines were taken over by MaBSTOA in 1968.

-The remaining Brookyln and Queens routes were taken over by MTABC in 2005, and 2006.

MaBSTOA's takeover was in 1962. (And 1940's would have been the old BOT; NTCTA began in 1953).

Your correct about the BOT. I just refer to it as NYCTA as it was the direct predecessor. But as far as MaBSTOA, it was 1962, not 1968. You're right!! I don't know what the hell I was thinking about.

Archived