bus operator questions

uptown164

Some questions

1, How long are are their shifts?

2, Can they pick and choose routes or depots to work from?

3, Since subway shuttles are not normal service how does sending a operator

to do a shuttle run work?

4, How difficult is it to drive an artic?

Im not a b.o but i can probably answer some questions , 1) Their shifts are how ever long they want it to be , they pick their schedule . 2) They can pick their routes , As far as the picking the depot part yes i think you can pick it if im not mistaking . 3) They call in a # on their cellular phones and they check for over time and they take it in & some operators go to a different depot to get their bus pending on where the shuttle is based from . 4) It must be easy to drive an artic its not that big .

Some questions

1, How long are are their shifts?

2, Can they pick and choose routes or depots to work from?

3, Since subway shuttles are not normal service how does sending a operator

to do a shuttle run work?

4, How difficult is it to drive an artic?

1. Usually 8 hours(?), correct me if needed

2. The #1 guy in seniority picks first, then #2 picks, then so on. The lower you are, the less choices you have.

3. Overtime. B/Os sign up, then drive the bus on what's usually a weekend for them.

4. ??? I know that artic drivers gets 25 cents/hour more than regular B/Os.:confused:

No part time B/Os in MTA NYCT,MABSTOA, or MTA Bus. Express operators are full time and there are runs that stay out for a whole shift irregardless of rush hour or not. MTA Bus has plenty of buses running on express lines in between rush hours and on the weekend.

True they do , and ulmer park has the x27 & x28 only , in the morning there are more 27s than 28s , 27s run every 3 minutes and about 15 buses run by , 28s come ever 10-15 mins

Archived