Jerome Avenue Line Fantasy Track Map

Iamthe1

You'd be better off expanding 149 gc and 3av to 4 tracks and sending it up brook av then park av to Fordham similar to the 3av el used to run. At least ur serving a part of the bx that needs service

How is an express track gonna be built? On the side north of Mott avenue? Or in between Mott and 3rd? Cant do that since MNR is above Mott avenue on the WPR Platform.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

okay so to answer your question fresh pond

harlem-148th street is being converted back to part of the lenox yard

instead the 145th street station is being extended to full length..

the 161st street station on the (4) train has been moved further south hence the new platforms..the old 9th avenue el ramps will keep continuing to just south of the new stadium where it will turn and make a stop at 161st

possibly instead of the (3) train using a tunnel to cross the harlem river, i was thing of a new bridge instead and as soon as the train enters manhatten it will go back underground

idk thas why itz called a FANTASY MAP??? :P

Lol I know its a fantasy map, what's wrong with my comments B)

...now back to business...145 can't be extended cuz of the diamond crossover north of the station used by both in & out of service (3) trains and the junction south of the station used by the (2) train

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Lol I know its a fantasy map, what's wrong with my comments :P

...now back to business...145 can't be extended cuz of the diamond crossover north of the station used by both in & out of service (3) trains and the junction south of the station used by the (2) train

If the (3) didn't terminate just to the north and didn't run to Lenox-148th, the diamond crossover would be unnecessary.

That is what I am just thinking of. I would rather make a (3) go deeper on the (C) line making their stops between 155th and 168th Streets, and then go to the (1) making all stops to 242nd Street.

Do you mean running the (3) below the (A) and (C) lines then joining the (1) at 168th? Or do you mean having the (3) replace the (C) at 155th and 163rd then joining the (1) at 168th? If it's the former, the (3) would have to run far below the surface because the (A) express tracks are below the (C) local tracks between 168th and 145th Streets. It wouldn't make sense to have the (3) stop at 163rd and 155th that way.

What about the (3) meeting the (C) on other side? The 155th Street and 163rd Street will be a island platform. This is just like Queensboro Plaza when (7) meets the (N) and (Q) on other side.

I don't think there is room for that under St Nick Av. You'd have to dig under houses and stuff. Possible but probably not worth it.

If the (3) didn't terminate just to the north and didn't run to Lenox-148th, the diamond crossover would be unnecessary.

Its still would be nesessary cuz the only way in and out of the Lenox yard is through the northbound track.

Its still would be nesessary cuz the only way in and out of the Lenox yard is through the northbound track.

But you don't even need the Lenox yard, which would be redundant. Just send those trains to the Jerome and Concourse yards.

But you don't even need the Lenox yard, which would be redundant. Just send those trains to the Jerome and Concourse yards.

like Kamen Rider said, those are full, plus Livonia is damn near full cuz of the (3) and the (2)(4)(5) put-in trains

(MTA) should at least build a small yard (similar to 137th St yard) south of Bklyn College-Flatbush Ave w/ the addition of a new terminal station further south around Ave. K/Flatbush Ave...... instead of going through hard complications of retrofitting Flatbush Ave w/ a island platform.

(MTA) should at least build a small yard (similar to 137th St yard) south of Bklyn College-Flatbush Ave w/ the addition of a new terminal station further south around Ave. K/Flatbush Ave...... instead of going through hard complications of retrofitting Flatbush Ave w/ a island platform.

Where would this open land come from? Last time I looked the Bay Ridge Branch freight cut was south of the Flatbush-Nostrand Junction. Oh, that's right. We're talking fantasy here.

Where would this open land come from? Last time I looked the Bay Ridge Branch freight cut was south of the Flatbush-Nostrand Junction. Oh, that's right. We're talking fantasy here.
Well excuse me smarts.... what about I didn't know there was a cut south of Flatbush not allowing a small yard. Good for you though:tup:.... you know your train facts way/a lot better than I do :tup::tup:

Seems like around these parts we're always talking "fantasy."

Jeez I'm only 24 and I feel like a dinosaur around here. I remember when we used to talk about the actual subway. Man I miss the good ole days. Ow, my arthritis.

What about the (3) meeting the (C) on other side? The 155th Street and 163rd Street will be a island platform. This is just like Queensboro Plaza when (7) meets the (N) and (Q) on other side.

Why do that if you could just have the (3) run under 148th Street Straight and have it join with the (1)?

You can have a stop at 8th Ave and/or St. Nicholas Avenue with connection toi the IND.

Again this is fantasy lol!

In a similar manner, the (R) runs over the freight line via a bridge (that has 4 Avenue running above it as well).

A small underground storage yard for the Nostrand Branch would do the trick.

Why do that if you could just have the (3) run under 148th Street Straight and have it join with the (1)?

You can have a stop at 8th Ave and/or St. Nicholas Avenue with connection toi the IND.

It could happen the (1) is only 4 blocks away, (3) trains wouldn't have to rely on going to Livonia Yard anymore... a step one solution to relieving Rogers Junction.

Now how would this be pulled off? Remember, the (A) runs directly below the (C) at this point so how will the (3) cross over the (C)?

Jeez I'm only 24 and I feel like a dinosaur around here. I remember when we used to talk about the actual subway. Man I miss the good ole days. Ow, my arthritis.

You mean like 2 months ago lol :P...but since were playing fantasy here, let's throw fuel for the fire lol. They can extended the (2)(5) down Nostrand Av to Kings Plaza and form a skip-stop pair

A small underground storage yard for the Nostrand Branch would do the trick.

It could happen the (1) is only 4 blocks away, (3) trains wouldn't have to rely on going to Livonia Yard anymore... a step one solution to relieving Rogers Junction.

Must I remind you that 148 St is not technically on 148 St but rather on Lenox & 150 St. How is the (3) gonna get extended past 148 given the current layout of the station? Once again, this would involve some impossible grade.

Even if they did magically extend the (3), you can't send the (3) to 137 "yard" because that's used by the put-in (1) trains. There's 5 tracks and each track can hold 2 full length (1) trains. If you ride past there in the middle of the night, you would see that eery track is filled with a (1) train. There's nowhere else the (3) can go except Livonia or Lenox....take your pick

"If" the (3) "were" extended to 242nd St then its yards would be 240th St and Lenox Yards, but in unsure that 240th St yard can store additional (3) trains cause its just pure..... "fantasy" lmbo.

If you miss the good days (you aint the only one) when we all used to talk about the subway then start a thread that is actually going on in the subway then.... nothin ain't stopin you from doing it. I know i'm tryin my hardest to come up w/ a topic that's "actually interesting" happening in the real world NYC subway but in reality.... there's isn't anything interesting going on though ever since the (M) dilemma.

"If" the (3) "were" extended to 242nd St then its yards would be 240th St and Lenox Yards, but in unsure that 240th St yard can store additional (3) trains cause its just pure..... "fantasy" lmbo.If you miss the good days (you aint the only one) when we all used to talk about the subway then start a thread that is actually going on in the subway then.... nothin ain't stopin you from doing it. I know i'm tryin my hardest to come up w/ a topic that's "actually interesting" happening in the real world NYC subway but in reality.... there's isn't anything interesting going on though ever since the (M) dilemma.

There's always something interesting to talk about. There's 106 years of subway history and equipment that can be discussed. People have questions, why not post them instead of wasting time with every thread being about car moves and fantasy maps?

Must I remind you that 148 St is not technically on 148 St but rather on Lenox & 150 St. How is the (3) gonna get extended past 148 given the current layout of the station? Once again, this would involve some impossible grade.

Even if they did magically extend the (3), you can't send the (3) to 137 "yard" because that's used by the put-in (1) trains. There's 5 tracks and each track can hold 2 full length (1) trains. If you ride past there in the middle of the night, you would see that eery track is filled with a (1) train. There's nowhere else the (3) can go except Livonia or Lenox....take your pick

Actually your wrong its 149th Street and 7th avenue. Dk why (MTA) call it 148th if its not even at 148th street.

For yard, the (3) could still use Livonia and lenox with some lay ups at 240th.

You know what.... this (3) to 242nd St allows Washington Heights Inwood residents having access to Central Harlem unlike the (1)(A)(:P©(D) trains. This is somewhat a taste of what the (N) has to offer when it's extended "hopefully along 125th St.

How does skip-stop work?, especially on a two-track line.

Archived