Splitting the (F) train

2Line1291

Hey, i have to wait almost 20 minutes on weekends up here on QB lol

Anyway in case i didnt make it too clear this is exactly what I want:

1) Allocate about 2 or 3 extra trains on the R

2) Every other train leaving Continental would short turn at City Hall

3) To make them in Brooklyn happy, every other train would short turn at Whitehall

4) I really doubt anyone would have a need to take the R train all the way from Bay Ridge up to Continental, and even if they did they can either transfer to the N and make their ride faster, or just wait for the next train if they cant stand r160s..

Just because someone might not need to go from Bay Ridge to Forest Hills doesn't mean the line is automatically moot. People do go from Manhattan to Queens on a regular basis.

Your plan to short turn every other train at City Hall/Whitehall complicates things that much more for those who have to go from Brooklyn to Manhattan and vice versa (now someone is waiting twice as long to get to their destination). And while it may help those who have to go to the southern tip of Lower Manhattan, it doesnt help anyone who has to go to Rector/Cortland, and it's kind of difficult to turn a train at City Hall in a timely fashion (An (R) train from Queens would have to reverse at City Hall back to Canal via the uptown track, then switch over back to City Hall, causing some big delays).

As for the R160 thing, it's just a train. If you have that big of an ire for a certain fleet that you're willing to delay yourself for the next train (that might not go to your stop anyway) then you're probably a foamer.

I wonder if this is the seed that will sprout into another R## vs. R160 argument. I hope not.

Oh god no...

As for the R160 thing, it's just a train. If you have that big of an ire for a certain fleet that you're willing to delay yourself for the next train (that might not go to your stop anyway) then you're probably a foamer.

The probability is 100% certain!

It only would work during rush hours Error when the (R) has 4-6 minute headways. Other then that, Bay Ridge/4th Ave local riders south of Pacific/Atlalntic will go nuts waiting 10 minutes or more for a train. When recession ends, the (MTA) should consider running the (Z) rush hours to/from 95th/Bay Ridge. Or bring back the Banker's Special Nassau Line (R) in which it ran to Chambers until 1986-87, when the Manhattan Bridge rebuilding got underway.

The (R) runs 6-8 minute headways during rush hour, not 4-6. Short-turning trains at Whitehall wouldn't be a problem if the (R) ran at 4 minute headways, so Brooklyn riders would wait 8 minutes max for an (R). However, that's not going to happen.

Also, the (F) and (A) do not need to be split considering that the (F) is express in Queens, only takes about 20 minutes to go through Manhattan and spends the majority of its time in Brooklyn. Meanwhile the (A) is express in Manhattan and Brooklyn, and hardly spends any time in Queens if it goes to Ozone Park (which the majority of trains do). I would oppose a (C) train to Lefferts, because Rockaway really does not need that much service. If you've been down there during rush hour you see that the trains aren't that crowded, and the headways are like every 8 minutes during rush hour down there.

I don't see why the (A) would need to be split either plus it was never mentioned by (MTA) to make that move. I sorta in a way see why the (MTA) would propose splitting the (F) because of its performance but hopefully things would improve when the Culver renovations is done.

Nope and I quote to you guys again. The only way take away the load and time frequency of the lines is to build new lines so new services can take the load out of most of today's lines. That will never happen in a million years. By the time the (MTA) do that it would be the year 4000 and our descendants would already have flying cars. Besides if people want to take the load off the (F) then they can bring back the (W) between 57th Street and Ave X and dig a short connector from the Montague Street tunnel to serve as the Culver local. Then the (F) can run as a Culver express. Though that could only be considered when the economy is better.

Nope and I quote to you guys again. The only way take away the load and time frequency of the lines is to build new lines so new services can take the load out of most of today's lines. That will never happen in a million years. By the time the (MTA) do that it would be the year 4000 and our descendants would already have flying cars. Besides if people want to take the load off the (F) then they can bring back the (W) between 57th Street and Ave X and dig a short connector from the Montague Street tunnel to serve as the Culver local. Then the (F) can run as a Culver express. Though that could only be considered when the economy is better.

You always seem to expect us to accept your ideas, but never appeal to reason. Why do you specifically want to have a (W) that starts from 57 Street, runs to Brooklyn, runs via the Culver line via a tunnel that will cost a hefty sum of money to build, and to Avenue X? You just jumped from train frequency to building new infrastructure with little explanation about the things in between.

If you really want to get it done, I'd suggest spending your time getting acquainted with people who can place you in a seat with power to exercise your imagination. (I wouldn't know if such a seat exists now, but it did before.)

Interesting idea. I know you could terminate southbound (F)s at 2 Av., but where northbound? If only...no, I've got it: 2 Av would be perfect. Then call what runs from Jamaica-179 St. to 2 Av the (V), and 2nd to Stillwell: (F). There would need to be a crossover north of Essex, and I'd...I'll leave it at that. ...Wide area after 2 Av., there could be one of those Metro-North speed switches (interlockings).

And inconvience passengers who have to change trains @ Second Ave.

Brillant idea!

Hey, i have to wait almost 20 minutes on weekends up here on QB lol

Anyway in case i didnt make it too clear this is exactly what I want:

1) Allocate about 2 or 3 extra trains on the R

2) Every other train leaving Continental would short turn at City Hall

3) To make them in Brooklyn happy, every other train would short turn at Whitehall

4) I really doubt anyone would have a need to take the R train all the way from Bay Ridge up to Continental, and even if they did they can either transfer to the N and make their ride faster, or just wait for the next train if they cant stand r160s..

This thread is about as intelligent as the strappies site.

I didn't know the F goes to Whitehall or City Hall.

If it did, then it's not the F!

Learn something new every day around here!

It's like a bad version of the Discovery Channel right?

Where would you turn each section?

Wouldn't that cost NYCT more money? More trains required?

Oh yeah, they don't have extra $$$$ to spend.

You don't know? Here it comes out of thin air. Just clap your heels three times and a tornado drops $12 billion at (MTA) headquarters.

This thread is about as intelligent as the strappies site.

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

I am waiting for the day any of these "ideas" don't suck.

The number of threads with them in it just keeps multiplying yet they serve absolutely no purpose.

Maybe it's time to bring back the "fantasy map forum" as a form of quarantine for the skullduggery on this board...

Yes! There needs to be such a fantasy forum so this one isn't plagued by such 'ideas'. I'm all for it. Bring back some sanity here B)

Archived