R160's on the R

ConductorB

I would love to put the R160 on the (R) and the R68 on the (N) but as they said, its a encyclopedia and it needs a source. So, even if I kept it there, another member would just remove it anyways. I couldn't even remove the (:P off the R32 page until a week after the service changes happened.

What should be done is to use the Datta Datasheet for wikipedia. The JoeKorNer assignments ARE the real assignments, which happen to not be followed. Something along the lines of "R68s are assigned to the B and D, and regularly appear on the N" would be a correct way of describing the reality of how R68s run.

If anything, a NYCT wiki should be started up. So you can just keep all the transit info in one area and can be edited more since the smaller wikia site rules are more flexible then the Wikipedia ones.

This will be interesting ... edit wars of fans updating each others' incorrect info and notes about who was the first or last person on this cartype and other important moments in transportation history.

This will be interesting ... edit wars of fans updating each others' incorrect info and notes about who was the first or last person on this cartype and other important moments in transportation history.

Lol, yeah that would be a problem. It is never great when something has to be taken away and be locked down.

Why is it that according to Wikipedia, R160's don't run on the (R)? It says that they only run on the (E)(F)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(Z) lines. I ask this because I've been seeing R160 (R) trains somewhat regularly. Not as regular as the R46's, but i still see them. I actually just rode on one today. Also, does anyone know if there have been any recent sightings of an R46 (F) or R32 (A)? :confused:

Since you are a new member, you haven't never heard this spiel, yet: Wikipedia is only as accurate as the information as posted by the contributor. It is not the equivalent to the Bible (for those who believe in it). It's no more accurate than any information spewed in any post on any railfan internet site....................especially this one!

Why don't YOU edit it?

Yeah , I've been seeing R160s on the (R) and one time last week on my way to school I saw a Coney Island bound R46 (F) train. I know It was just a re-routed (R) to fill in a service gap , that was still cool to see. Hopefully the (F)/® will mix fleets before the R46s retire.

How do you know one way or another it was a rerouted R. Couldn't it have been a "last minute" put in out of Jamaica Yd.?

yep, i just recieved confirmation. as a response, i sent an email to Joe letting him know of the situation. It should be fixed as soon as the next B division assignment sheet comes out, which should be soon since the R44's are no longer in service.....

From my wiki talk page:

NYCT's Official Car Service Sheet, available to Employees Only, states all 29 trains on the R are R46's.

However in order to make full service it's necessary to run varying numbers of R160's on the R. Every yard has a spare factor. Since the R160's are new and under warranty, these are the priority cars to get repaired pronto. Therefore, R160 availability at JYD is usually higher on a daily basis.

Car assignments are not set in stone and should not be construed that way on internet sites. The purpose of a yard master is to get the cars to the road as provided to him by the Car Equipment Dept. who supplies him with the cars he needs.

There's a reason they do that. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, not a transit forum. Everything that goes on there should have a published source. Also, the information should be historical or technical in nature, and accurate. Something that changes as constantly as car moves is both stupid and pointless to put on Wikipedia, and to this day I still don't get why foamers bother updating it. People who read wikipedia (or any site for that matter) chiefly use it to learn about a particular car type NOT to learn where to find it.

If all the foamers out there really can't keep it in their pants and just have to put car assignments, it would be better if they added the phase "As of [date]" to the beginning of their sentence so as not to confuse people.

But foamers don't get this and this is why wikipedia will remain wrong when it comes to subway cars.

Correct. I don't bother with Wikipedia much but it's amazing the amount of bullshit that is posted there that is outright wrong, incomplete info, or very important details that are missed. Sometimes if I find something really wrong I can't help myself but to fix it, but most often it's not worth the time or the trouble.

And that's coming from the guy that overhauled the AB Standard Page, wrote half of the R-17 page, and fixed the Transit Museum page. Where some of the stupid things come from that go on there are anybody's guess. ESPECIALLY car moves, that doesn't belong on an encyclopedia. After all the Alexander the Great page doesn't contain the historical composition of every one of his phalanxes, right?

There is as much bullshit on this site as there is on wiki, Subchat, strappies...............

Yea. The people who cant even discuss the P will have their own wiki page. I think I'll start making the popcorn now.

Btw, as someone else pointed out; this is information that really shouldn't be on Wikipedia in the first place. Do you guys know any official encyclopedias (and not transit related, but general purpose like the World book, Encyclopedia Britannica, ect.) that has roster information for the NYC subway?

Since you are a new member, you haven't never heard this spiel, yet: Wikipedia is only as accurate as the information as posted by the contributor. It is not the equivalent to the Bible (for those who believe in it). It's no more accurate than any information spewed in any post on any railfan internet site....................especially this one!

Why don't YOU edit it?

Total truth. Would give you 'thanks' for all the posts here if it was showing. You are on fire! [figuratively of course] B)

how come the subway roster hadnt been updated?

mostly as of now, R44s are no longer in service except SIR and (V)(W)(Mx) is discontinued and the M is orange

To everyone in general: there's more to life than to worry about what trains are running on what lines. Go outside and play or something. The world isn't going to end because a roster isn't up to date.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

how come the subway roster hadnt been updated?

mostly as of now, R44s are no longer in service except SIR and (V)(W)(Mx) is discontinued and the M is orange

We all know that these things happened, we were all there

Archived