PBL RTS buses

Novabus 5000

GMC. I know most people don't think about this the way I do, but F*** TMCs. I miss those old GM two-strokers. And I got beef with TMCs from PBLs since MTA had the balls to save that 3865 when they should have saved a Jamaica 5xx or a Jamaica 6xx. That was messed up IMO.

The lighter side: I'll admit, having beef with buses may be a little extreme. Still, TMCs bore me compared to GMCs with two-stroke engines.

I liked the GMC PBLs especially the 96" wide ones. Some of the Triboro GMCs sounded different during idle. I also remember how they did not have a stop request sign so it was possible to ring the bell an infinite # of times.

Ben: at least Green's 10001 is still saved.

posted By 89 liberty mci

Green 10001 and MTA Bus 1162 (which used to be Jamaica 579) are saved. 1162 will be repainted into MTA blue and white for roadeo use. Its old seats have been removed. It's sitting in Spring Creek.

two things 1. How are You so sure

2. Weren't you suposed to be in school.

posted By 89 liberty mci

Green 10001 and MTA Bus 1162 (which used to be Jamaica 579) are saved. 1162 will be repainted into MTA blue and white for roadeo use. Its old seats have been removed. It's sitting in Spring Creek.

two things 1. How are You so sure

2. Weren't you suposed to be in school.

1. Because The Rail King, who is a Spring Creek operator, told me.

2. I was in school. But I was on here during my lunch period. Staff is cool with it, and I haven't missed a single day of school since 2004 (7th grade). Ha ha ha

To get back on topic, you just wait and see, 1162 will be redone for roadeos, it is indeed sitting in Spring Creek, just like Rail King said. It's still in Jamaica colors but sanded down for the new paint. I wish they would restore it to the Jamaica paint/condition though, MTA paint on such a historical item is B7 in my book.

posted by 89 liberty mci

To get back on topic, you just wait and see, 1162 will be redone for roadeos, it is indeed sitting in Spring Creek, just like Rail King said. It's still in Jamaica colors but sanded down for the new paint. I wish they would restore it to the Jamaica paint/condition though, MTA paint on such a historical item is B7 in my book.

Do you have a photo

Archived