Just turned 18.

N-Trizzy2609

Dipshit is what that kid was. Along with the rest of my generation. And myself.

The same group of friends I had throughout high school laughed at me when I told them about my license... or how it's still a permit and my attempts at getting it converted to a license went so well, I was deemed too awesome for the roads by several courts and forced to use Long Island Bus to get around.

One rides the bus like I do, but his is about 40% less crowded.

One had a license beforehand and drove a hooptie. Somehow, he drove that thing down to Florida where he lives now.

One has a parent that can be there whenever.

One got his license a year later and rubbed it in my face. He apparently made lots of new friends at Molloy. I haven't talked to him since last May.

So while you're driving around in your craptastic car blaring equally bad music, do consider all the people that could be driving right now, financially stable to do so, no police record or anything, but can't because of some stupid circumstance.

And yes, I'm 18 as well. Sure feel powerless.

And the people that HAVE to use buses to get around because they can't afford it and maybe never will. How does that make you feel?

super lolz

You just turned 18 and your parents bought you a brand new car. 18 and your on their insurance? Especially in NJ whit their massive rates? You sure they didn't buy the car and they let you drive it??

No they got it for me. But my plan's rate lowered drasically cuz i took drivers ed in school and two whole sessions of accident forgiveness because I drive well. My rate went down a whole $700.

At least I ain't one of them Long Island or Colts Neck boy who get $40,000 just to wrapp it around a tree.

No they got it for me. But my plan's rate lowered drasically cuz i took drivers ed in school and two whole sessions of accident forgiveness because I drive well. My rate went down a whole $700.

At least I ain't one of them Long Island or Colts Neck boy who get $40,000 just to wrapp it around a tree.

Ok, enjoy your car. Just don't text and drive and dont race anyone.

There was or still is? a show on mtv with the same exact senario.

Ha I didn't even realize that till you said it.

That said, I've never once watched that show. It probably sucks. I'm speculating, but I'm probably right.

And 16 year old girls in the r...I mean...authentic...world do in a lot of cases get cars for their sweet 16's nowadays. The richer mommy and daddy are, the more expensive the car. Needless to say I got no sympathy for the first time the girl rear ends something because she's learning to drive on a luxury car.

Ha I didn't even realize that till you said it.

That said, I've never once watched that show. It probably sucks. I'm speculating, but I'm probably right.

And 16 year old girls in the r...I mean...authentic...world do in a lot of cases get cars for their sweet 16's nowadays. The richer mommy and daddy are, the more expensive the car. Needless to say I got no sympathy for the first time the girl rear ends something because she's learning to drive on a luxury car.

kill 'em all

This little railfan turns 18 today with a big bang. I just got me a new car, a new HO scale Amtrak Genesis, and $45 so far. I'm happy I'm an adult now but still young at heart.

Here's something for all of you who just turned 18 or remembers it like an elephant. When you turn 18, were you like me and and only 50% happy to be 18? I'm happy because now I can order things online with a credit card, I can drive as late as I want, and I can buy cigs for my mom without the feeling of getting ID'd. But I'm also sad because I feel like my childhood is over. Lots of things I coulda got away with when I younger too.

Age is just a number.

The kid in me still exists and it shows when business is not in the way.

Archived