Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

m106crosstown

Major Subway Changes

Phase II of the R32 will be retiring at the end of June into early July. Phase I of the R32 will replace them on the (E), (F) and (R).

R40S, R40M, R42 will replace the (A) and ©'s R32's and R38s.

R44s will be going for their Overhauls (Lighter than previously thought) in June.

R68 and R68A will replace the (:P and (W)'s R40/R40M.

First Order of R160B will be completed April 30th or sooner (way ahead of schedule)

First Order of R160A will be completed May 31st.

Some R160B will be placed on the (A) in June after redoing the tracks and signals.

MTA purchased Option 1 of R160 order, in which will replace all R38, R40 and Half of R42, order expected to begin delivery late Winter-Early Spring 2009.

I'm not fond of how this sounds. Too many NTTs and not enough transit diversity. At least they're keeping the slants (I think they look good with the (A) on the front).

Phase II of the R32 will be retiring at the end of June into early July. Phase I of the R32 will replace them on the (E), (F) and (R).

R40S, R40M, R42 will replace the (A) and ©'s R32's and R38s.

R44s will be going for their Overhauls (Lighter than previously thought) in June.

R68 and R68A will replace the (:P and (W)'s R40/R40M.

First Order of R160B will be completed April 30th or sooner (way ahead of schedule)

First Order of R160A will be completed May 31st.

Some R160B will be placed on the (A) in June after redoing the tracks and signals.

MTA purchased Option 1 of R160 order, in which will replace all R38, R40 and Half of R42, order expected to begin delivery late Winter-Early Spring 2009.

The R44's will be getting thier work done a bit later around the fall.

I dont know how long im going to keep saying this is the (W)iskey will be getting R160's.

Once they get those Siemens trains up and running thats whats going to happen they want to make Ditmars a Full time R160 terminal.

They wouldnt have qualified (W)iskey Crews for the R160's for nothing...

No Slants are going to the (A)pple and ©harile Lines..

No R160B's are going to the (A)pple none zip zlich, i dont think tracks and signals have anything to do with it. There are power problems out in the Rockaways as well as clearance issues somewhere along the line.

The R44's will be getting thier work done a bit later around the fall.

I dont know how long im going to keep saying this is the (W)iskey will be getting R160's.

Once they get those Siemens trains up and running thats whats going to happen they want to make Ditmars a Full time R160 terminal.

They wouldnt have qualified (W)iskey Crews for the R160's for nothing...

No Slants are going to the (A)pple and ©harile Lines..

No R160B's are going to the (A)pple none zip zlich, i dont think tracks and signals have anything to do with it. There are power problems out in the Rockaways as well as clearance issues somewhere along the line.

Great to know, that the Slants will be remaining on Brighton? Since they won't be transferred to the (A) & (C) ? :P

Great to know, that the Slants will be remaining on Brighton? Since they won't be transferred to the (A) & (C) ? :P

I think the slants will be transferred to the atlantic ocean....

Of the base order? Kawasaki only has 15 more cars to deliver, a month sounds accurate since they've been delivering R142As to us at a pretty fast rate before.

Of the base order? Kawasaki only has 15 more cars to deliver, a month sounds accurate since they've been delivering R142As to us at a pretty fast rate before.

sorry. I meant to say the R160As don't seem that accurate. Alstom is really falling behind.

Well don't forget they're playing catch-up now, up to car 8500. I think it will be more like late june or mid-july when all of the R160As are delivered.

I saw another R160, well I think it was one. As it was under wraps, Route 80 eastbound this afternoon about 430.

The R160a1's are coming in slow because there is no room to put them right now in any Eastern yard. I just was told that one of the L line TSS did OT on Monday Running R160a1's Up and down the West End, tyring to figure out whether to only have one C/R board for 8 and 10 car trains, witch means moving the 8 car mark at every station or putting up new C/R board at every station. The (M) will be the next line ether way be get R160a1's, it should be fully R160a1's be some time later this mouth. This is again all subject to change with out notest.

I did se 8468 sitting in ENY today waiting to get burnded.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.