Your (B) and (W) Train Improvements

m106crosstown

Bring the (B) back to Stillwell fulltime.

I hear a lot of people would like to see that, However, merging the (B) & (Q) together, south of Ocean Parkway can cause major delays. With (B) & (Q) Trains utilizing Stillwell's 3 & 4 Tracks, Terminating, Discharging, Wait for Schedule, Line Up, Pull out; I don't think it will work. However, if your discussing the resumption of West End (B) Service, pre July 22, 2001, then thats another story :P

(B) Train Improvements; In My Opinion:

-(MTA), Hopefully proceeding forward with the extended weekday evening service until 11pm; Between, Harlem-145 St & Brighton Beach

-Weekend (B) service; Harlem-145 St to Prospect Park

-Leave the R40 Slants, R40M's, and leave whatever R68/R68A's are currently in operation on the line.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(W) Train Improvements; In My Opinion:

-(MTA), Hopefully proceeding forward with the extended weekday evening service until 11pm; Between Astoria-Ditmars & Lower Manhattan-Whitehall St.

-Extended via Montague St Tunnel /4 Av / West End Local, To Bensonhurst-Bay Parkway / 86 St; Rush Hours.

-Weekday Middays to 9 Av/ West End Line.

-Replaces (M) via 4 Av / West End Local.

----------------------------------------

-(M) Rerouted back over the Brighton Line.

-(M) Extended from Chambers St to Brighton Beach, via Nassau St / Montague St / Brighton Local, Rush Hours Only.

4 Av Line:

(D)(N)(R)(W)

Brighton Line:

(B)(M)(Q)

West End Line:

(D)(W)

Zach

Extending the (W) via Sea Beach would be great.

IMPROVEMENTS FOR THE (B)righton

1. I would put 24/7 service along the existing (:P

btw: Aren't the Manhattan Bridge timers aren't really timers? Isn't it more of a speed restiction to decrease weight or stablility or something?

I wouldn't do anything too crazy here:

(B)

I'd reconfigure the switches to extend the (B)ravo to Ocean Parkway (so that trains could terminate there without jacking up the line).

I'd also run a weekend service from 145 to 2nd Ave / LES (switch to/from the 6th ave express north of W4), this would provide more service on the CPW local, which badly need it on the weekend. 10-12 minute intervals could do the trick for this...

(W)

no changes. While a sea beach express on the (W)hisky or (N)ovember (in which case (W)hisky would run local) would be nice from a railfan perspective, it's not going to be THAT useful, and the fact is you'd have entirely too many trains using 4th Ave, DeKalb, and the Montague St Tunnels during rush especially when that (M)ikey is running down south, to do this...

That would only work if my (more expensive) ideas for the (A)pple and ©harlie went through... :P

B would be 24/7, would run CPW Express and also would go on the West End line again (D could be a CPW Local via Brighton Express)

Stop scrapping the R40's and put them on the B, take cars from the W if neccesary

the W can have the 44/46 since the RFW view of the W isn't that great anyway and also the W is local

B would be 24/7, would run CPW Express and also would go on the West End line again (D could be a CPW Local via Brighton Express)

Stop scrapping the R40's and put them on the B, take cars from the W if neccesary

the W can have the 44/46 since the RFW view of the W isn't that great anyway and also the W is local

What is with you and RFWs? I mean their good and all for "mpre observant" riders like everybody hear, but "the average rider" and driver wouldn't care or would prefer the extra space provided. Your idea with the (:P is not so great beacuse all details fit the current (D). The (D) is fitting the qualities of today's (B)...

But that means that the Brighton Express would not have an RFW.

What is with you and RFWs? I mean their good and all for "mpre observant" riders like everybody hear, but "the average rider" and driver wouldn't care or would prefer the extra space provided. Your idea with the (:P is not so great beacuse all details fit the current (D). The (D) is fitting the qualities of today's (B)...

I grew up all my life looking out the window since i was little, so i find it very hard to give it up. yes i know some people wouldn't care less about it but alot of people care like me care about it

(:D Add R68s to the line. Run to 11 PM which is being done. Add a bit mroe service, maybe 1 more train per hour?

(W) Add 10 trains (up from 9) of R160s to replace the fleet once the option order of R160s has arrived. This will allow for faster service along both the (N) and the (W) as there is an (N) that turns into a (W) (or the other way around?) and having both lines running R160s will get rid of this problem. Also allow for less dwell time atthe Ditmars Blvd. terminal - this greatly slows down service. If this is an infrastructure problem look into ways this problem can be dealt with.

Archived