NYC residents - what's your favorite borough?

Joel Up Front

Having been to Harlem, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. South Bronx I can't really speak for as I haven't been there so many times (once or twice) so I won't criticize that part of the Bronx. Pertaining to the borough as a whole, the Bronx is not as bad as people make it out to be. It used to be my least favorite borough but now it's ranked no. 3.

My favorite borough is Brooklyn even though I was born in Manhattan I love Brooklyn. Manhattan is too crowded for my taste. Queens is ok but the travel time and the lack of transportation is painstaking. The Bronx is ok. Staten Island is just plain too quiet and lacks transportation.

Well I been living in the South Bronx 20 years almost all my life and I have to say its changing for the better, a lot of contruction is going on here,sure there is crime,drugs and people living over the poverty line, but that pretty much every were.it a Shame the Bronx is still stereotype as borough of high crime and drugs, this isn't the 60s or the 70s Bronx people,so stop staying in the Yankee Stadium zone and see the South Bronx,there so much culture here.

Well I been living in the South Bronx 20 years almost all my life and I have to say its changing for the better, a lot of contruction is going on here,sure there is crime,drugs and people living over the poverty line, but that pretty much every were.it a Shame the Bronx is still stereotype as borough of high crime and drugs, this isn't the 60s or the 70s Bronx people,so stop staying in the Yankee Stadium zone and see the South Bronx,there so much culture here.

I love the south bronx. Its pure, makes you tough.

I saw you the other day on Snyder & Utica hangin with the rastas.

I'll tell you what you'll see on snyder/utica....

- the "homies" hangin out in front of the chinese store...

- the bums/homeless eating in (and eventually dozing off in) kennedy's (fried chicken)...

[side note: THANK GOD we finally have a popeye's around here now - opened yesterday as a matter of fact !]

- and the two co'ner sto'zz don't nobody go into to for edible/drinkable items for two separate reasons:

(store on SE corner, known local weed spot {regardless if they renovated}

(store on SW corner, let's just say it's not uncommon to find 3 month old milk still sittin in the fridge that half ass runs, and cat shit all about the place - that dam thing attacks you if you go more towards the back corner of the store)

.....speaking of which, what's with all these newsstands/co'ner sto'zz renovating all of a sudden... that can't just be happening in this neighborhood... it's like the 5th or 6th one that's gotten a new awning, and a new "look" inside the place....

don't buy the fool's gold though....

- (dis) honorable mention, the hoodrat ass, chicken head ass broads in the beauty salon 2-3 places down from the chinese store, generating the most noise, in their belligerent-ness in that specific area... this is a hangout spot for females that you really wouldn't wanna take home to mamma....

I don't walk on that side of utica b/w snyder & church anyway; that's not the only reason though....

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Patrol Boro Brooklyn South.

This is an old map

<Imaged removed>

Hey, I live in Brooklyn North :mad: lol (although I can walk 9 blocks and hide in the corner of Brooklyn South :))

STATEN ISLAND.

Though over the past dozen+ years its been steadily destroyed & Brooklynaformed at an overkill pace:(

It used to be nice & bucolic. It still is in some places. But for how long?

And this is an island wide problem. One that won't go away or stop.

Enjoy SI while you can.

The other boroughs?

Nice to visit but I'd never want to live in any of them.

Manhattan especially.

How does Queens have poor transit options? You have the LIRR if you're bored and want to blow $11 to go to Manhattan only to realize the train is going 5 MPH the entire way, subway lines on every corner of Queens but the one you're in, and buses that go all over the place.

Unless you're talking about how all the subway lines in the borough are all spread out and the only way to get between them is taking the bus... with dollar vans (I hate these and will never ride on) and the more suburban parts being full of people with cars, I can see why.

How does Queens have poor transit options? You have the LIRR if you're bored and want to blow $11 to go to Manhattan only to realize the train is going 5 MPH the entire way, subway lines on every corner of Queens but the one you're in, and buses that go all over the place.

Unless you're talking about how all the subway lines in the borough are all spread out and the only way to get between them is taking the bus... with dollar vans (I hate these and will never ride on) and the more suburban parts being full of people with cars, I can see why.

A slow local bus to an overcrowded (E) train or useless (F) train or an express bus that only runs rush hour (and some people b*tch about express buses being wasteful). The third option is the expensive LIRR (and it doesn't serve every part of Queens).

Hey I don't live in Queens I live in Brooklyn on number 62. Also by what I meant lack of transportation is that the central section of Queens and some areas are having spotty railway service that makes them difficult to access. Also I am not complaining about the equipment on the (E).

Hey I don't live in Queens I live in Brooklyn on number 62. Also by what I meant lack of transportation is that the central section of Queens and some areas are having spotty railway service that makes them difficult to access. Also I am not complaining about the equipment on the (E).

He doesn't get it....

Instead of complaining about the (E)'s pre-2009 equipment he could have asked for increase of frequency on the Q5/Q85 Limited or pushed for +SBS on Merrick Boulevard so his trip could be sped up by ten minutes at most. But to go bonkers about a car type is absurd. Mind you, Jamaica treats their equipment like crap anyway, be it a 32 or 160.

You can't have it both ways.

Favorite Borough is a tie between the Bx and Queens, Live in both. I feel like when you live in Queens especially NE/SE Queens you just accept that you have to take a local bus from the 1st stop to the last stop just to hit the train. I wouldn't say theres poor transit options overall, its just the subway ending miles away from the city line. I have the Q30/43/46 and QM5/6/8 all in walking distance. I used to be able to get to the PW branch easily which is a great ride but theres no way I'm walking up LN now.

The Bronx has its charm, love the hilly neighborhoods and its nowhere near as bad as people think it is. even some of the hoods are nice.

Not a fan of BK outside of Canarsie though and SI is just there.

Archived