NYC residents - what's your favorite borough?

Joel Up Front

Well I been living in the South Bronx 20 years almost all my life and I have to say its changing for the better, a lot of contruction is going on here,sure there is crime,drugs and people living over the poverty line, but that pretty much every were.it a Shame the Bronx is still stereotype as borough of high crime and drugs, this isn't the 60s or the 70s Bronx people,so stop staying in the Yankee Stadium zone and see the South Bronx,there so much culture here.

I agree. I grew up in the South Bronx along Southern Blvd and Home Street in the 80s and early 90s, and back then it looked terrible. I've seen pics and videos, and that area around there looks like it's improving little by little. The Bronx is my favorite borough because it's the place I came into the world and grew up. However, my fave neighborhoods are located in the East Bronx (Pelham Bay, Westchester Square, Throgs Neck, and the area between Jacobi and Bay Plaza Shopping Center).:cool:

lol...

Florida's more of a refuge IMO...

I'd relegate that title to New Jersey, for a few reasons....

I'll still give you dap for originality though.

Its not my idea, I've heard for many years Florida is the 6th boro because all New Yorkers flock there.

If you don't like the transit availability and/or options in your area, move. It's that simple.

Fall back, it's not even that serious.

Back on topic:

1. Florida

2. New Jersey

3. Staten Island

4. Queens

5. Manhattan

6. Brooklyn

7. The Bronx

I would throw Philly in there but that'd be 6th borough overkill lol.

Technically, if you mention anything other than the 5 boroughs..... you're off topic! True, Florida is a spot many New Yorkers flock too, and I absolutely love it as well, but it's NOT New York City. And in my opinion, not a city on the planet of Earth can hold a candle to New York! This is the Capital of The World! Don't EVER forget it!

Technically, if you mention anything other than the 5 boroughs..... you're off topic! True, Florida is a spot many New Yorkers flock too, and I absolutely love it as well, but it's NOT New York City. And in my opinion, not a city on the planet of Earth can hold a candle to New York! This is the Capital of The World! Don't EVER forget it!

In my opinion, Florida sucks anyway*. I don't see the big deal with moving down there, what they have cannot even be compared to what we have, because we have so much more, and obviously, New York > Florida.

* Uh-oh, oh snap!!! Wait until Dan sees this, he's gonna kill me! B)

Would you care to elaborate on that please?

just my opinion. This city's cost of living is out of control and continues to get worse. I live in brooklyn, and imo, it's filled with animals. Not people. I see crime increasing. People have no consideration nor respect for others personal property. Everyone acts like they are owed something. Everyone acts like they are better than everyone else. People have no manners. No respect for each other. I can go on and on. But I'll just end it with this city sucks and I hope to be out of here asap.

just my opinion.

In my opinion, Florida sucks anyway*. I don't see the big deal with moving down there, what they have cannot even be compared to what we have, because we have so much more, and obviously, New York > Florida.

* Uh-oh, oh snap!!! Wait until Dan sees this, he's gonna kill me! :P

I tried living in Florida, and I came right back to good ol' NYC.

I'm a pure NY'er by heart I feel out of place there to live. And what I make here only doctors make in Florida.

Florida is good to visit Universal Studios, Disney ect. But over here is where its at.

• 8 years later...

Archived