What you feel are the best cold/flu meds to get better?

Shortline Bus

Hey guys! Been home for last couple of days with cold/flu. Want to go to Local Medical Clinic for meds but they have a 2-week waiting list. And want to avoid the "ER" of Hosptials. Already missed a few days of work as well.

So guys what medicines if any you take to get better faster? I am aware none of you guys are Doctors but curious.Even health alternatives I am willing to try as I need help to go over this cold/flu. Help:eek::cry:

Neither. My immune system takes care of me. I haven't had any flu shots since elementary school.

Damn bro. I wish my immune system was as good as yours. Last Fall/winter with the H1N1 scare, I never got sick with the flu/cold for 1st time in years as I got the flu shots. Now I am a cry baby lol wanting this to end.:cry: Running nose is the worst thing with a cold IMO.

PS NX as soon as I get better I look into buying that product.

Theraflu work wonders for me.

The last time it took a flu shot was in 2008 and will never take it again,For some reason I was suck for a month, usually when I get the flu it only last for a week.

Y2Julio your right, immune system will take care you for those with weak immune systems take you medication don't take the flu shot.

ever noticed these medicines have all these dam side effects to them?

you end up taking medicine to cure something, next thing you know, you've got some other health problem on your hands....

anyone that knows me on a personal level knows that I'd rather drop dead than take medicine....

no jokes, no "you're just saying that", none of that...

short story....

when I was a kid (my kindeegarten years), there was this god awful tasting shit that my great grandma would make me take, to get rid of colds.... it was in a dark brown bottle, with (what looked like a relative of) aunt jemima on it...

the liquid itself was brown, had the viscosity of honey, and the smell was strong enough to knockout a horse... It was so bad, one year I got a cold, and she overheard me sneezing (to this day, this is why I have a habit of "holding in" sneezes), I ran away to a friends house for a week... Cold-free when I got back, but I got punished like a mofo' - that was the risk I was willing to take.

That shit turned me against / traumatized me for ALL medicines !

you end up taking medicine to cure something, next thing you know, you've got some other health problem on your hands....

anyone that knows me on a personal level knows that I'd rather drop dead than take medicine....

short story....

when I was a kid (my kindeegarten years), there was this god awful tasting shit that my great grandma would make me take, to get rid of colds.... it was in a dark brown bottle, with (what looked like a relative of) aunt jemima on it...

the liquid itself was brown, had the viscosity of honey, and the smell was strong enough to knockout a horse... It was so bad, one year I got a cold, and she overheard me sneezing (to this day, this is why I have a habit of "holding in" sneezes), I ran away to a friends house for a week... Cold-free when I got back, but I got punished like a mofo' - that was the risk I was willing to take.

That why i just started taking wheatgrass juice and other herbal products in addition to viamins to avoid getting sick.

Feel little better but those cold meds makes me feel like crap.:mad:

short story....

I believe you're talking about Buckley's.

http://www.buckleys.com/products/adult_liquids.htm

What strangely works for me are a straight tablespoon of honey followed by a tea...and later on, I'll have a soup like a Manhattan Clam Chowder and load it with 30-40 dashes of tabasco sauce. It burns the mouth off, but burns off the cold too.

The only time I take medicine is if I have a migraine, and those are awful! I take an Excedrin or Motrin with Gatorade and within minutes it starts to disapate. But then I feel drowsy and I'll have to lay down and/or rest my head for an hour or so.

As for colds, I don't take anything for them, I just let my immune system do the work like what Y2Julio said.

Gatorade? Why Gatorade?

It restores electrolytes in my body. It's one of the few reasons why I get migraines in the first place, either because I don't eat much (usually not the case) or more commonly because I'm dehydrated.

After doing some research, I found out that Zucol was renamed Umcka. Only one store sells it-the Duane Reade on Jamaica Avenue near the movie theater. I only saw the liquid form. I never tried it, but if it's as effective as Zucol then it will kill the flu virus instantly.

Neither. My immune system takes care of me. I haven't had any flu shots since elementary school.

And I haven't has so much as a sniffle since 1997, so I wouldn't know either.

A cup of hot tea with a shot of Brandy in it and lots of rest and you'll feel fine

(That's seriously how my mother does it...a real southern classic)

That's a classic southern Hot Tottie. My Grandmother used to make them when I was little. Only she added honey and a piece of rock sugar.

I haven't been sick for 3 or more years due to my immune system or that's what my doctor told me. Though I do remember what I took when I got sick for my last time. I took Tylenol Cold/Flu and got much better.

prd_2_2_cmrrg_lg_ye.gif

prd_6_22_lg.gif

http://www.tylenol.com/product_detail.jhtml?id=tylenol/cold/prod_multisym_day.inc&prod=cold_multisym_day

http://www.tylenol.com/product_detail.jhtml?id=tylenol/cold/prod_multisymsevere.inc&prod=cold_multisymsevere

Though if you are going to take Tylenol I suggest this one that they just released

prd_6_26_lg.gif

http://www.tylenol.com/product_detail.jhtml?id=tylenol/cold/prod_multisym_dn.inc&prod=cold_multisym_dn

No matter how well you take care of yourself, all it takes is one idiot coughing on your neck.

Working with teen kids, that why I am getting a flu shot asap.

Thanks guys for some of the advice as well.:tup:

It's boring like hell watching Jerry Springer, the "View' and the endless talk shows during the week. Watching paint dry is more fun to me than watching most of Daytime tv.:cry:

Archived