What you feel are the best cold/flu meds to get better?

Shortline Bus

No store bought "medicine" can really affect a viral infection.

That being said, airborne, emergen-c and other pure non-caffeine vitimin/mineral boosters do help the body more quickly replenish its arsenal to fight off the infection.

Tylenol and other products simply hide the symptoms. You are still contagious, and you can overwork yourself to the point where the illness lasts longer than it normally would, or you could pass out needing to go to the ER due to electrolyte imbalance or the immune system being suppressed by too much physical activity.

Also, when you're sick, try to avoid refined sugars.

- A

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Lol you see where I'm getting from...that's that ol' Southern Cormfort for ya

How to Build Up Your Immune System.

As simple as this sounds, take a good multi-vitamin every day, Find a multi-vitamin that has the following, plus the balanced A to Z concept = Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Beta carotene, Bioflavenoids, Zinc, Magnesium, and Selenium.

Add garlic and onions to your meals. Cooked garlic and onions retain their antibacterial qualities. These two are great immune builders and natural antibiotics. Omega-3 fatty acids in fatty fish and flax oil increase the production of white blood cells that eliminate bad bacteria in the body.

Avoid margarine, processed foods, white bread, white rice, sugary stuff, dairy products, polyunsaturated vegetable oils, salty snacks, alcohol, caffeine, and pollutants in the air.

Eat yogurt, ocean fish, broccoli, sea greens, ginger, fresh fruits & vegetables (especially spinach, sweet potatoes and carrots), whole grains, & cayenne pepper.

• Slowly increase exercise and reduce stress by using relaxation techniques.

• Increase your hours of sleep! Less than 8 hours a night reduces your immunity - you heal while you sleep is what my Mom always said!

• Drink lots of water a day to flush away the body's toxins.

• Get at least 15 minutes of sun every couple of days to help your body produce vitamin D.

1014567542.jpg

Whole Foods has it.

It's a powder that gets dissolved into a cup of water to make a drink.

Easily replaced by this: Isotonix Vitamin C. A cap full of this stuff mixed with 2 oz of water will deliver 95% of the 500 mg of Vitamin C to your blood stream in 5 minutes (provided your stomach is empty when you're taking it). There are also other supplements on the same site like Immune Maximum Defense Formula. Most of the Isotonix products taste like fruit juice.

I'll say this one more time. You can be in peak physical condition, but if some simpleton coughs on you, you'll get sick. It's that simple.

not if you walk around with a mask on...

...and don't say nobody does that, b/c they do... and with as many paranoid germaphobes that are increasing in this city, you're gonna end up see more of them.

....but I will side with you, in that... the hand washing & the surface wipes thing is also part of the paranoia... one of the biggest farce's that's out now.... Me, I wash my hands when I can visibly see (or in some cases, feel) when they are filthy, not because I don't want to catch a cold or a flu.....

The problem with having dirty hands is that by touching your mouth, nose or eyes can get you sick. So wear gloves if you are allowed to at your place of work. Hand sanitizers are only effective for a short period of time.

Depending on the 'public' bathroom sinks I rarely use them so i always have hand sanitizers with me.

Archived