Who's the #1 railfanner?

East New York

How many lines have you been on, and what is/are your favorite(s)?

Lines i've been on:

(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6) (6x) (7)(9)(A) (:P(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(S)(V)(W)(Z)

My favorites are the (2)(4)(6)/(6x)(A)(J)&(L)

hey, wow you guys' have been in a lot of lines. :cool:

I just been in (1)(2)(4)(5)(6)(7)(9)(A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(Q)(R) , and my favorites are: (4)(6)(D)

I been on em all, favorites are the (A)pple, (B)ravo, (E)cho, (F)ox, (J)uliet, and (M)ikey, also in the A Div, the (1) and (7)...and of course my hometown (6)

EDITED to add: I been on all the current train types, also been on all the redbird classes, R1, R4, R7A, R9, R10, and R110B

the term is actually called "railfan" but anyway i've been on all the lines (and not just for railfanning reasons, i've actually had to go to places on those lines)

also been on all of the models of the current fleet (R32 38 40 slant 40M 42 44 46 62/A 68/A 142/A 143 160 regular & siemens), and also the R1

my favorites are the E B and 7 (especially the Express), all because they have the best ride quality

Thanks to all for the responses. I'm going to try and catch a R160 on the (J) sometime soon too. All I ever get is R44's. That is the one on the (J) right???B)

Nah, R42's my friend :D. R44's can't run on the Eastern division because of clearance issues with curves.

I know, I know, their was a fan trip back in 76 with a 3 Car R46 Train running on the BMT Myrtle...:cool:

Nah, R42's my friend B). R44's can't run on the Eastern division because of clearance issues with curves.

I know, I know, their was a fan trip back in 76 with a 3 Car R46 Train running on the BMT Myrtle...:cool:

LOL... Thanks! I really gotta learn my trains! I've been doing good sence I've joined NYCTF, but I keep forgetting which is which!

I have ridden the (1)(2)(3)(9)(4)(5)(6)(6x)(7)(7x)(A)(:)(C)(D)(E)(F)(L)(N)(Q)(Qx)(R)(S)(V)(W), my favorite as to be the (7),(7x),(N), and (F).

The (7)(7x) is just a nice ride, even if i'm not going to/from a game, very scenic, lots of trees, even with cell service in queens most people aren't annoying.

The (N) is cool, because i can go from the 5th ave apple store also to coney island, and it is the quickest way to get to coney island from midtown as far as i know.

Something cool about the (F) going from roosevelt island to coney island, then to macy's at herald square. makes a nice relaxing day out with my woman.

- Andy

Archived