MTA a train wreck

RTOMan

This is shocking news, I thought the MTA was the best run organization to ever have existed. I thought it was their policey to reward good workers and punish the bad ones. Everything I know in life has been turned upside down, black is white, down is up. Oh wait, never mind.

Greg Mocker found all of this out for free months ago!

The problem with consulting firms is that the suggestions they make are often good, but they are given to......the same damn beauracrats that started the problem. Who is going to institute a plan that would put his or her own job at risk? I certainly wouldn't

Greg Mocker found all of this out for free months ago!

The problem with consulting firms is that the suggestions they make are often good, but they are given to......the same damn beauracrats that started the problem. Who is going to institute a plan that would put his or her own job at risk? I certainly wouldn't

Not to mention consulting firms give EXTREMELY generic advice, and they don't propose solutions.

They say "cut the layers of redundant management" - OK so who stays and who goes? What titles are redundant.

This is why everyone in the world wants to be a consultant. You get paid, you get to tell other people what they're doing wrong, but you never have to fix it, and you never get blamed when it doesn't get fixed because "hey, you told 'em"

One thing I don't like is the references to inertia when it comes to adopting new technologies. A lot of people saying "no" to the new technologies are the people who work with the trains/buses, or who have experience working with the trains/buses. It's the suits that are driving the push to implement ineffective new technologies, however they are paying people to "advise" them (who frequently say no), but before the advice is given, the suits already know what they want to hear and damn anyone who thinks otherwise.

The suits at the top are the ones that REALLY REALLY need to go.

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again- the (MTA) needs to be dismantled, and comprehensively restructured as a new agency, or something along those lines. The MTA is rotted from the top. The only levels of it that don't seem wasteful and sleazy are the non-management levels (in other words, the regular workers, such as bus drivers, T/Os, track workers, etc.).

Archived