(M) to Jamaica Center, (R) to 179th

Matt91

Due to police investigation at the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station:

(R) trains are running on the (F) line between the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station and the Jamaica-179th Street Station.*

(M) trains are running on the (E) line between the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station and the Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer Station in both directions.*

(E), (F), (M), and (R) trains are bypassing the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station in both directions.

Nope this is the police investigation:http://"http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/10/05/2010-10-05_homeless_thug_suspected_in_3_qns_stabbings.html"

Homeless thug suspected in three Queens stabbings

A homeless ex-con nabbed for stabbing a Queens man on a subway platform is a suspect in two other random stabbings the same night, prosecutors and police sources say.

Steven Jackson, 48, was arrested Saturday night 45 minutes after he allegedly stabbed Siew Khuen Loh, 61, with an industrial knife at the 71st St.-Continental Ave. station in Forest Hills.

The bloody knife was still in his pocket, police say.

The 10:50 p.m. attack on Loh was preceded by two other attacks in which Jackson is a suspect..

Minutes before Loh was stabbed, Jackson slashed a man in the neck while he was walking along nearby Austin St., according to a law enforcement source. The man, in his 50s, needed 20 stitches.

Twenty minutes before that, Jackson stabbed another man who was walking with his wife along Queens Blvd., a source said.

It is not the first time Jackson has lashed out at innocent bystanders. In 2001, he was sentenced to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to attempted murder in the stabbing of a man who was sleeping in the Grand Ave. station.

In January, Jackson was released on parole. In July, he slipped away while being transported from an inpatient treatment center in the Bronx to a halfway house. Jackson was held without bail yesterday after a Queens Supreme Court judge ordered him evaluated by a psychiatrist.

Due to police investigation at the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station:

(R) trains are running on the (F) line between the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station and the Jamaica-179th Street Station.*

(M) trains are running on the (E) line between the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station and the Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer Station in both directions.*

(E), (F), (M), and (R) trains are bypassing the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station in both directions.

So which is the express and which is the local? I don't think it'd make sense to switch (M) trains to the express track and (F) trains to the local track. That just mucks everything up more.

I hope this isn't a 12-9....

Nope this is the police investigation:http://"http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/10/05/2010-10-05_homeless_thug_suspected_in_3_qns_stabbings.html"

Neither is possible. If it were a 12-9, there'd be little or no service at all. And roadcruiser, this is today we're talking about. Not Saturday.

And INDMan: I know there were signal problems at 36th St several times earlier today, maybe that's where the R68 (F) came from

why is there always an issue at 71 ave - forest hills station? is it cursed? this morning there was another incident, i seen 1 (F) train on the northbound platform and 1ft directly behind it, is another (F) train....wow, thats dangerous. and it isnt the first time i've seen something like this at this station :)

it was probably an R68 (:) or (D) running via the (F) line to Coney Island, and the motorman probably changed the front sign to a (B)(D) to an (F).

Bingo, that's what happened since the whole train was still signed as a (D). I haven't seen a T/O do that in a while (change the front sign during a reroute), but there were alot less confused people along the (F) line.

Archived