Handle Off(R142/A)

2 Train Master

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this lately but me being a daily (4) rider I've noticed R142's and R142A's that are missing one side

DSCF2562.jpg

DSCF2563.jpg

This is not only on the (4) today I've noticed this on several sets on the (2),(5) and (6).Does anyone know the reason for it? To me it makes no sense b\c either way the storm doors can be opened by one handle.

I think someone must've slid the door really hard that it broke the handle.

I doubt that...it's happened on several different cars. I started noticing it Monday when I went to school and I've seen 4 or 5 instances of this.

Dude did you even read the things I typed or just looked at the picture and assumed.Thats so retarded.

You live in the Bronx, right? You know there's some big ass people especially on the (4), how you know if he's right or wrong? Don't call people retarded if you yourself don't know the answer to the question.

You live in the Bronx, right? You know there's some big ass people especially on the (4), how you know if he's right or wrong? Don't call people retarded if you yourself don't know the answer to the question.

Can't possibly have been broken when it's been done to every single car I've been on, in the exact same fashion, in recent memory. BVE is probably right that this is something TA is doing.

Dude a several full trainsets have this unless some gorilla sized person when through every storm door and broke one handle on purpose and kept it as a soulvenir.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I noticed that also since the summertime but never really payed attention to it. Coincidentally, the handles that are removed are the ones that don't move when you open the storm door.

Do the keyholes actually have cylinders and locking mechanisms behind them?

Yeah, the keyholes have locking mechanisms behind them. It actually locks the storm door so it can't be opened by people. The handle doesn't move whatsoever when the door is locked.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this lately but me being a daily (4) rider I've noticed R142's and R142A's that are missing one side

This is not only on the (4) today I've noticed this on several sets on the (2),(5) and (6).Does anyone know the reason for it? To me it makes no sense b\c either way the storm doors can be opened by one handle.

Of course there is a reason - there's always a reason. Unfortunately, we just can't share that reason. But it shouldn't be hard to figure it out.

Of course there is a reason - there's always a reason. Unfortunately, we just can't share that reason. But it shouldn't be hard to figure it out.

hmmm... could it be because a terrorist could take a t-shirt or something to tie around the 2 handles to lock everyone in? i wasnt gonna try to guess until you said that ;)

hmmm... could it be because a terrorist could take a t-shirt or something to tie around the 2 handles to lock everyone in? i wasnt gonna try to guess until you said that :P

Actually, that could be a logistical answer. You could tie something around the 2 handles to lock the door...

Archived