370 more buses on way

Trainspotter

370 more buses on way

Transportation officials pleadge to put nearly 370 additional buses on the streets, lauunch a dozen new routes and add some subway service - all before the congestion-pricing tolls go into effect.

the plan is to phase in new and more frequent transit options before the congestion-pricing tolls hit next year in order to "whet the public's appetite for expanded service" and demonstrate the MTA's ability to deliver on its promises, a Metropolitan Transportation Authority pricing document says.

graf_kings.jpg

graf_bronx.jpg

graf_queens.jpg

I still don't understand what Bus Rapid Transit is. :confused:

BRT is dedicated lanes for buses, with limited stops, and technology that extends green lights, or make reds turn green. The tech is in the buses and in the lights.

Looks like the Bronx sure is getting screwed in this deal.

The Bronx should get screwed. It is home to most of the farebeats. The Bx1/2 are now worst than the Bx41 with this. Lucky MTA gets funds from the state based on service needs, and not what comes out of the farebox.

The Bronx should get screwed. It is home to most of the farebeats. The Bx1/2 are now worst than the Bx41 with this. Lucky MTA gets funds from the state based on service needs, and not what comes out of the farebox.
I'm guessing Farebeats = Fare Evaders, since that's all people do on those routes.

More crowded buses increases these evaders even more, so screwing the bronx isn't going to help, sometimes drivers tell people to go through the back door because it's so crowded. That's not helping...

It's still true that the customers in the Bx (in general) don't deserve better service because of these people who don't understand what "Move to the Rear" really means (they either block the front or hop in the backdoors).

I think having Bee Line rear doors is a better idea (sort of).

I'm guessing Farebeats = Fare Evaders, since that's all people do on those routes.

More crowded buses increases these evaders even more, so screwing the bronx isn't going to help, sometimes drivers tell people to go through the back door because it's so crowded. That's not helping...

It's still true that the customers in the Bx (in general) don't deserve better service because of these people who don't understand what "Move to the Rear" really means (they either block the front or hop in the backdoors).

I think having Bee Line rear doors is a better idea (sort of).

Yes it will cause it will shame the evaders, and those who pay will start throwing evaders off themselves. It works for me, cause I the driver don't have to get involved. Doesn't matter now, I do my 3 round trips on the M100, and the people there go home at night. Not like the Bx41 where Crackie-crackerton(s) and his crack whore(s) come out broke at night. Easy money now. I'll take my measly 42hrs.

Okay damnit it's April. One of those new MCI's should be hitin the street any day now. And these "mystery Artics" are getting on my nerves. Because if its not New Flyer or Daimler then I'm going to cry!!!! If it's that ugly Nova, I sware I'm only ridin it once. I hate ugly buses. Sometime I plan my shedule around which type of bus I want to catch.

yep there it goes again, The fastest Growing burgurow getting the screws again, the only place where every body has a car because if you take public transportation it take's at least 30 to 40 min if you make all the connections from Tottenville to the mall, where as you can drive it in 15 min to 20 at the most,and if your doing that during the holidays you can at least double that. If people woud just leave there cars at home lol not going to happen. Thay are not going to shelp grocerys on a bus lol

I think what you mean by Bee-Line rear doors, you mean driver operated doors.
Exactly. Also Bee Line rarely has fare evaders getting away with it. Those drivers tend to bring them to the front to talk/kick them out next stop.

When they raised the fare, they made sure you paid $2, not $1.75.

I wanna know where that bus is!!

Guessing by the location of it in the photo: Lexington Av and 98th St, The bus would have to be at 100 St Depot.

if it doesn't stay in Manhattan, it'll test on the BX12 for BRT. If it stays in Mahattan, it'll probably test on the M15 or the M101.

MTA has all these orders yet no one seems to where any of the Orion VII's, MCI's or Artics are going or even when they are coming in.

Archived