The Nostalgia Thread

R32 3348

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta be effing kidding me. R68s getting tagged within their first weeks/months of service? WOW!!!
Gotta remember Leroy my boy.When the R68 debut in 1985 graffiti was still big,but a lot of good writers were slowly disappearing and (NYCT) was cracking down harder,so any throw up on any train counted,even prototypes.By this point the Golden age of graffiti has already come to a pass.

They look alot better all tagged up...

Heh! I never was a huge fan of those "shitcans" anyway lol

Gotta remember Leroy my boy.When the R68 debut in 1985 graffiti was still big,but a lot of good writers were slowly disappearing and (NYCT) was cracking down harder,so any throw up on any train counted,even prototypes.By this point the Golden age of graffiti has already come to a pass.

I wonder if there are any photos of tagged R62s around....

Original R46 Control Console with P-wire slider Joystick.img_62416.jpg

Now THAT is hot! Not to mention I know the person who took this photo as well, he's been around for quite some time.

One word Awesome. I wonder why the BUs don't run anymore. Probably cause of the lack of $, but those things still look good even though.

Not the only reason but nothing that will get posted here or said to anyone that I do not know personally.

And nothing "bad" so that all the rumor mongers reading this don't go start making things up.

As an aside, note the middle BU in that 3 car consist is of a much older (pre 1900) vintage than the others. Looks like it might even be a 200 series car.

• 2 weeks later...