The Nostalgia Thread

R32 3348

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"SMEE" refers to a type of braking assembly used on all subway cars R10-R42in addition to the R62/62A/68/68A classes and retrofitted onto the R44s and R46s during the GOH program. It's also used to colloquially refer to cars of these classes (R10-R42 as "old SMEEs" or just "SMEEs" and R62-R68A as "new SMEEs")

6688 looks good in that paint scheme. It's unfortunate it and the 15 other R17s painted the same color didn't last longer in service. I think the R17s would of looked even better in the kale green paint scheme as far as I see it.

It's still in that paint scheme...unless things have changed between this week and last.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Considering this is 1989 I'm also shocked too. Though I'm not sure if these were on the (A)/© lines by 1989 and I think I'm leaning towards no. By 1989 the (C) had R27s and R30s still. R10s retired a few days after this pic was taken replaced by the numbers of R27/30s. I don't know about the (A) though.

Here by the way is what an R42 should look like! Sleek, shiny, and reliable.

img_127674.jpg

The R38 were on the AA before their GOH.as for the pic,i wish the R42 would look like that.