The Nostalgia Thread

R32 3348

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's something unique for graffiti artists I guess. They see something in it that most of us don't. Not only that graffiti is most likely what led to the birth of hip-pop.

Speaking of this, i was once told on a swedish train forum that I "shouldn't get upset becouse someone does something that hurts in my train nerd eyes". What was that guy thinking?

I've gotta say, i don't understand what's so fun about graffiti. If you want to put your name on something that everyone will see, fine, but don't do this.

From their perspective, why put it on a wall with a few passers by here and there when their artwork can travel and be seen throughout the city by thousands of people almost everyday.

From their perspective, why put it on a wall with a few passers by here and there when their artwork can travel and be seen throughout the city by thousands of people almost everyday.

True. But, why would they risk their lives like they do(atleast here) when they could simply ask the MTA if they could get a car and turn it into a piece of art? I know it's unlikely that they'll ask becouse they don't want to seem "weak" but still.

Deutsche Bahn gave a graffiti artist his own commuter coach, and he didn't even ask.

True. But, why would they risk their lives like they do(atleast here) when they could simply ask the MTA if they could get a car and turn it into a piece of art? I know it's unlikely that they'll ask becouse they don't want to seem "weak" but still.

Deutsche Bahn gave a graffiti artist his own commuter coach, and he didn't even ask.

I guess doing it also gave them a rush-jumping onto tracks, the risk of getting caught by police, etc. As for asking the MTA for such, I doubt the MTA would agree.

I guess doing it also gave them a rush-jumping onto tracks, the risk of getting caught by police, etc. As for asking the MTA for such, I doubt the MTA would agree.

Didn't think of that. I guess i can understand that gives them a rush, but honestly. They're ruining their city in a way.

Just guessing now but, does anyone want to live in a city that's "ruined" like that?* I doubt even the people doing this want to.

*I mean no disrespect to NYC.

I've gotta say, i don't understand what's so fun about graffiti. If you want to put your name on something that everyone will see, fine, but don't do this.

Also, it's hard to belive this car was painted white:

img_127002.jpg

It looks almost like a faded redbird.

Graffiti wasn't just an artform,it was a way to communicate with a can.Remember there was no facebook or twitter or online gameplay,so you had to find other way to kill time.Some of the artist like SEEN,DONDI AND LEE became famous from this era with their work displayed round the world.I though painting trains white was a dumb idea,but it was intentionally done to determine which lines were heavily bombed with graffiti,so it was no surprise that the IRT cars got it the worst through Brooklyn and the Bronx.Stainless steel cars were less desierable to deface...It washed off to easily.

• 3 weeks later...