R151'S ? Or R142's

Mr.MTA

Sigh... here we go again talking about trains that dont extist. Its already been said that the extra B cars will be called R142S not R151. This R151 stuff is BS and not real its been said over and over that they will be called R142S....

I did start a "rumor thread" on the R151. I would hate to see everyone's expression....lol..... well.... I mean comments if that does become a train. But untill then I guess it's just another (MTA) rumor.

i doubt it.

hopefully the wonderful R62A stays on the 7

That's what'll happen,the R151 contract might be a work car.it's been said

that the R62A are staying on the 7 line untill their retirement or close to.

the R142S has already been ordered and running mostly on the 4 line.their

R142A supplemental cars numbered 7731-7810.the 7 line's GM wouldn't be

installing these LED's into the cars if they were in fact ordering new cars

for the 7 line.

for the 7 line.

from what ive heard the R142As from the (6) will go to the (7). But being that the R142As on the (6) are in bad shape with hard bucking when entering and leaving the station. And some problems with the PA systems and a few other problems. These cars are really beat up and and need a mini overhaul from CI yard. And the cab panels need to be rebuilt just to run CBTC because CBTC need a seprate screen. And they cant even use those bombardier ones being that they are in such bad shape and they dont know anything about CBTC. And plus it would be very expenive to rebuit and refit the R142As with CBTC. These poorly made cars didnt even come CBTC ready just a waste of money.

So until the R142As get their "heavy work" done on them they wont be hitting the (7) anytime soon. And the R151 might be an order to rebuilid the R110A into an R142A or make them combialble with the R142As being that they are made by the same builder....

for the 7 line.

I totally agree with you. I don't think they would place those LCD screens and those ugly assed circle "things" on the R62As if they were to be getting R142s anytime soon. The cars will need a repair done for the CBTC program to work.

@trainfan22- The R142s ARE NOT falling apart. It's natural for trains to screech like that after a few years of service (in (MTA)s world). Go look at the R32-42s. They hurt ears when they stop.

@trainfan22- The R142s ARE NOT falling apart. It's natural for trains to screech like that after a few years of service (in (MTA)s world). Go look at the R32-42s. They hurt ears when they stop.

The R142s ARE falling apart esp the bombardier ones. And i did not say anything about screeching brakes so what are you talking about? I said the BUCKING was a problem which is that jerking you hear from the trucks when the train is switching gears. And the messed up PA systems and a few other problems. I ride those cars two to three times a week. And they are falling apart some of them have battery problems where only the lights work halfway. The LCD displays dont work on some of them and a bunch of other problems. And the R142s brakes dont screech the R142As brakes screech. And the R40Ms and the slants DONT have screeching brakes so you fail right there and i see those cars every day......

I said the BUCKING was a problem which is that jerking you hear from the trucks when the train is switching gears. And the messed up PA systems and a few other problems.

I have to agree on the bucking (but not so much on it being a problem) but I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the messed up PA systems. The PA system works fine.

I ride those cars two to three times a week.

I ride them 5 times a week. At the peak of the AM rush.

And they are falling apart some of them have battery problems where only the lights work halfway. The LCD displays dont work on some of them and a bunch of other problems.

You always seem to put the emphasis of your argument on "a bunch of other problems"...

And that's right, only SOME of the cars have those problems. The LED display on the interior has always been working when I've seen it. The LCD display on the exterior sometimes has faulty lights but nothing is wrong with the actual display.

And the R142s brakes dont screech the R142As brakes screech. And the R40Ms and the slants DONT have screeching brakes so you fail right there and i see those cars every day......

Yes but the R32 Phase IIs have screeching brakes.

I have to agree on the bucking (but not so much on it being a problem) but I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the messed up PA systems. The PA system works fine.

I ride them 5 times a week. At the peak of the AM rush.

You always seem to put the emphasis of your argument on "a bunch of other problems"...

And that's right, only SOME of the cars have those problems. The LED display on the interior has always been working when I've seen it. The LCD display on the exterior sometimes has faulty lights but nothing is wrong with the actual display.

Yes but the R32 Phase IIs have screeching brakes.

Everything i said about the R142 came from an A div TSS that posted this infomation on subchat. And this person knows more about the R142s than you do so you fail. And when th C/R does the anncements manually its hard to hear it thats what i was reffering to. And when i say a bunch of other problems im talking about problems that extist on those cars. But dont about i dont work in car equipment so i dont know about them. But theres a lot of problems with the R142s that i know about. So stop trying to defend the R142s they are garbage nuff said.

Everything i said about the R142 came from an A div TSS that posted this infomation on subchat. And this person knows more about the R142s than you do so you fail. And when th C/R does the anncements manually its hard to hear it thats what i was reffering to. And when i say a bunch of other problems im talking about problems that extist on those cars. But dont about i dont work in car equipment so i dont know about them. But theres a lot of problems with the R142s that i know about. So stop trying to defend the R142s they are garbage nuff said.

When did he post this information on sub chat?

from what ive heard the R142As from the (6) will go to the (7). But being that the R142As on the (6) are in bad shape with hard bucking when entering and leaving the station. And some problems with the PA systems and a few other problems. These cars are really beat up and and need a mini overhaul from CI yard. And the cab panels need to be rebuilt just to run CBTC because CBTC need a seprate screen. And they cant even use those bombardier ones being that they are in such bad shape and they dont know anything about CBTC. And plus it would be very expenive to rebuit and refit the R142As with CBTC. These poorly made cars didnt even come CBTC ready just a waste of money.

So until the R142As get their "heavy work" done on them they wont be hitting the (7) anytime soon. And the R151 might be an order to rebuilid the R110A into an R142A or make them combialble with the R142As being that they are made by the same builder....

Sure,the R142/A have problems but they are able to fix them.and why would

the TA want to rebuild the R110A?they already have the R142/A running,

the R110A did their job.

Dude i see the R40s every day their brakes dont screech. They loud when you are riding inside one but the brakes dont screech.

Um...yeah they do. What do you call that sound that you hear during the last few seconds before the train comes to a complete stop? Music? NO ITS A SCREECH!

I see the R40s every damn day for the last time they DONT HAVE SCREECHING BRAKES!!!!!

It would be funny if the brakes had a musical tone to them when stopping to spread the energy out over more than one frequency Imagine a 7 train with the first 7 notes of "take me out to the ball game". :cool::D

- Andy

It would be funny if the brakes had a musical tone to them when stopping to spread the energy out over more than one frequency Imagine a 7 train with the first 7 notes of "take me out to the ball game". :cool::D

- Andy

If that were true, that would be one nasty stop for those on board :cool:

- Andy

You want to hear a train with music?

Check out the Keikyu Blue Sky Train from Japan in this video.

That is just freakin insane. Just that music tone.

Can't wait til I go to Japan!

Archived