Megabus Boston-Philly Routing

WestSideJeff

Random question, do you guys know the routing/highways that Megabus uses from Boston to Philadelphia? Thanks!

Leaving Boston its 90W(MassPike) to 84E through CT into NY State then 684S to 287W to I-87S into the Maj Deegan. I'm assuming that the bus stops enroute in NYC to pick up more people as I don't think they are filling a Boston-Philly sked.

As far as NYC-Philly....In the bus I run the NJ Pike to Exit 4 then 73N to 90W over the Betsy Ross before jumping 95 into downtown. Most guys and girls who run Philly will tell you on average you can shave 10-20 minutes off the schedule.

The offical GLI/PPB routing is NJ to Exit 4 onto 73N to 38W for the Ben Franklin. The ONLY time I've gone in that way is if I had to stop in Camden.

I'm gonna assume that Mega goes into Philly one of those ways.

Leaving Boston its 90W(MassPike) to 84E through CT into NY State then 684S to 287W to I-87S into the Maj Deegan. I'm assuming that the bus stops enroute in NYC to pick up more people as I don't think they are filling a Boston-Philly sked.

As far as NYC-Philly....In the bus I run the NJ Pike to Exit 4 then 73N to 90W over the Betsy Ross before jumping 95 into downtown. Most guys and girls who run Philly will tell you on average you can shave 10-20 minutes off the schedule.

The offical GLI/PPB routing is NJ to Exit 4 onto 73N to 38W for the Ben Franklin. The ONLY time I've gone in that way is if I had to stop in Camden.

I'm gonna assume that Mega goes into Philly one of those ways.

Believe it or not those PHL-BOS runs are straight shots operating around NYC without any passenger turnover. And the runs do carry on the weekends.

Due to the height/weight restrictions of the TD925, they are restricted from taking the Betsy Ross - they will usually utilize the Ben Franklin to 38 to 73 to the Turnpike route up to the Washington Bridge before connecting up to 87/95.

But once it reaches the Bronx, does it go from 95 to 87, 287, 684, etc?

Well they run the 84-684-287-87 routing so I assume they hit the GWB from the Deegan...I don't see CUSA paying for the TZB everyday.

Mega only runs 95 when something popping on 84. And besides if you're going to the GWB its best to come down the Deegan that way you can see what the bridge is doing. Going 95 into the Cross Bronx can backfire because you don't know what the traffic is like until you're in it and then you just gotta sit and bear it. At least with the Deegan you can jump off and run local and jump back on @ the GWB.

Slightly little off-topic, my MegaBus used same route as ML111 mention, and it was beautiful closing Delware Bridge and Baltimore Tunnel trip between NY and DC.

My Boston trip went up 10th Av-Amsterdam Av, following route of M4/M2, then bx33 bus, onto I-95, then took break somewhere in Mass rest area, then resume service to Boston South St Station.

My return trip bus, took the long way once it reach White Plains. It took Cross Westchester County to I-87 South, and took some route along Manhattan.

Archived