I've always wanted to ride a bus in Manhattan.

Joel Up Front

Sure, they have to deal with Manhattan's horrible traffic, but all the landmarks and sights more than make up for it. Well, at least from a passenger's POV.

As for the other boroughs:

Staten Island

-Great geography (hills!)

I've got nothing now, considering I don't venture into the city.

Sure, they have to deal with Manhattan's horrible traffic, but all the landmarks and sights more than make up for it. Well, at least from a passenger's POV.

As for the other boroughs:

Staten Island

-Great geography (hills!)

I've got nothing now, considering I don't venture into the city.

LOL@ the Staten Island comment.

Last time I rode the LIRR, the two trains I was on never exceeded 10 MPH. All the signals were clear and nothing was on the track. The train crew never announced anything, either. It cost $27 for two off peak round trip tickets!

If you are confused over what train to take, use this:

http://mta.info/lirr/Timetable/Station/FarRockawayFR2.pdf

The trains shouldn't be so slow, there must have been a problem further ahead. Although, since VS is so close to Queens, you could just take the bus to Hempstead and catch the N6 to Jamaica, or the N4, or the N31/32 to Far Rockaway for the (A).

If you are confused over what train to take, use this:

http://mta.info/lirr/Timetable/Station/FarRockawayFR2.pdf

The trains shouldn't be so slow, there must have been a problem further ahead. Although, since VS is so close to Queens, you could just take the bus to Hempstead and catch the N6 to Jamaica, or the N4, or the N31/32 to Far Rockaway for the (A).

God as my witness, I rode the N6 for three weeks before realizing the N31/32 were a lot quicker in getting me home, and I would rather wait for an N31/32 than ever ride the N6 ever again. That shit should have artics, or at least two buses running at once to alleviate crowding.

I'd take an N25 to an N4 to Jamaica Center (better), or if I get bored, an N25 to an N32 to the (A).... God damn the N6. I dare Mangano and Walder to see how full those shits get and then dare to not pay for their shit.

Archived