An elevator grows in Brooklyn

Kriston Lewis

Since the (A) and (C) have been the center of discussion around here, I'd thought I share this bit of info. It looks like they're in the first stages of building elevators at Utica Avenue. There will be one from each platform to the mezzanine and one from fare control to the street level. The ramp above the express tracks will also be reconstructed so the grade is ADA compliant.

Since the (A) and (C) have been the center of discussion around here, I'd thought I share this bit of info. It looks like they're in the first stages of building elevators at Utica Avenue. There will be one from each platform to the mezzanine and one from fare control to the street level. The ramp above the express tracks will also be reconstructed so the grade is ADA compliant.

About time. I used to go to that high school right upstairs and that ramp was a killer in the mornings

I've heard of the same thing as well. With the busiest bus route crossing Fulton Street right above the (A) and the (C), I'm shocked that the station wasn't considered for an elevator much more sooner, but at least it's being done now.

Archived