M34 +SelectBusService+

East New York

I KNEW that someone will post that thread. This topic is different.

The thread that you sent me is the discussion of the M34 +Select of how they run and such. This thread talks about that it's coming and what has been done or how would the service improved with its +Select.

It'd be better if I put this in ENY's thread, and man the Orion 7 CNG is loud near my block! :)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the subject of the fleet, do you guys think the wrapped-up Orion VIIs are going to be used for the long run, or that they are only temporary until more artics arrive (Similar to what happened on the Bx12 SBS)?

New artics are supposed to be used on the line when the full SBS is complete in 2012.

So just to get everything straight, has anybody heard anything about Quill buses being wrapped yet for SBS service? I'd imagine the MTA has to go through quite a procedure in terms of getting new wraps made and all, isn't it cutting it a little close considering we're looking at at least 30-45 SBS wraps to do?

Looking at the pick book for quill and it seems there is going to be 26 SBS runs. So they only need like 15 buses wrapped. And all M16's are M34 they just inter-line.

Yeah, 15 seems a lot more reasonable. Seeing as how the Bx12 SBS has 33 buses wrapped-up for its use, and the M15 SBS has 46 (including spares), there's no way the M34/M34A would need that many.

Honestly, I don't see this 'full SBS' for the M34 coming along any time soon, or even next year. I mean, the DOT has to come along and get rid of the existing curbside bus lanes along 34th Street and pave new interior bus lanes, and build the sidewalk extensions for the specific stops receiving them.

It's a year into the M15 SBS, and I don't think the sidewalk extensions that are supposed to be in place at certain stops have been built yet. I believe the amount of M34 stops slated for sidewalk stops exceeds those slated for the M15, so that's not making me hopeful.

It's a year into the M15 SBS, and I don't think the sidewalk extensions that are supposed to be in place at certain stops have been built yet. I believe the amount of M34 stops slated for sidewalk stops exceeds those slated for the M15, so that's not making me hopeful.

They haven't. I was last on the M15 SBS about 2-3 months ago and they weren't there then, and if they do get installed you'll probably read about it in Second Ave Sagas or another blog. Or a newspaper or wherever.

• 3 weeks later...
I went to 34 St earlier today...from the looks of it, they're gonna use the NGs the M16/34 already have until the LFSAs come in. The "police lights" were changed from yellow to blue already

According to few people... And an uncomfirmed post...

NOTE: THE M16 WATERSIDE <-> PA BUS TERMINAL WILL BE RENAMED M34A +SBS+! THERE WILL BE NO M16 EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER-13th-2011!

Late to the party much? ;) All this information was confirmed over a month ago.

Well they've got a week to wrap the NGs, shouldnt take too long. This'll be interesting

It only take a few hours to wrap each bus, so it won't.

The NG's used for the (M34) +SBS will be the 3800's right? Cause I know those are usually what's on the M16/34 most of the time.

3800-3829

Archived