R160s on (M) line starting on monday

trainfan22

Well, Looks like I'm done with railfanning. A sad day indeed. I won't be hearing any air brakes screaming loud from the 42s hitting that timer before metro anymore and I won't be able to look out the window that made me a railfan anymore. I've been riding the M all my life and looking out that window, now its gone. Oh well.
Have you forgotten that there are other transit systems other than the NYC Subway that have railfan windows and cars that look sleek? A true railfan would go around to explore other systems, like PATH, LIRR, MNRR, WMATA, NJT, SEPTA, MBTA, LACMTA, SFMUNI, and others.

what are r42mk and r42ci?

CI R42s were rebuilt by coney island yard. And are in worst shape than the MK R42s. And some of these cars where based out of CI yard.....

MK R42s were rebuilt by morrison knudsen. And are in better shape than the CI R42s....

Have you forgotten that there are other transit systems other than the NYC Subway that have railfan windows and cars that look sleek? A true railfan would go around to explore other systems, like PATH, LIRR, MNRR, WMATA, NJT, SEPTA, MBTA, LACMTA, SFMUNI, and others.

Soon the path wont have any railfan windows ethier. And what NJT cars has railfan windows?? there MU sets or the push pulls?? i know that the push pull sets dont have railfan windows and i dont remember seeing railfan windows on there MUs when i railfanned the NEC. And the new haven wont have any railfan windows soon ethier because of M8s....

Btw the path does have some great views though i railfanned that system today. IMO the railfan window rides are better on path than the nyc subway/ Becasuse of the higher speeds....

we are the original, we are the pioneer, if it weren't for us in 1904 then most likely they would not have built their own subways as well

besides PATH sucks they don't even let you do your damn crossword puzzle on it and definitely no photos

we are the original, we are the pioneer, if it weren't for us in 1904 then most likely they would not have built their own subways as well

besides PATH sucks they don't even let you do your damn crossword puzzle on it and definitely no photos

Umm, the NYC Subway was founded after the London Underground and the Boston Subway System. We are not the first subway system in the world.

Just alittle currection only the (A) will get R42MK cars. The (C) have have the C/R boards for those trains since C/R is located in a diffrent car then the R 32/38 Equipment. The C/R operates out of the T/O postion while R42 don't have door controls in the T/O position and no plans to run a 10 car (C) train.

T/O's and C/R's alike are not too happy about R42MK cars because they are crappy to operate.

will all the cars transfer or will it just transfer enough to replace the r32 phase i fleet?

I am not sure what they are replacing I heard some R 32's are going to Jamaica and R 44's going for an overhaul So I guess they will fill in the gap. Its a shame if they are replacing some of the R 32's because they are so much better to operate.

The R40M and R42 will be replacing the R32 phase II cars which will be reefed.

the R32 phase I cars will be sent to Jamaica to make room for the R40M and

R42 at pitkin.

I just saw it today. The R160 N and M met up at Pacific/Atlantic Ave. The T.O. on the M was on his first run.

lead car number 8325 and and last car number was 8313. It was at 9:30 AM at Pacific/Atlantic Avenue heading northbound.

"This is a Manhattan-bound (M) train, the next stop is DeKalb Avenue." and then "This is a Manhattan-bound (N) Local train, the next stop is Canal Street"

(This was the 57th/7Av bound N)

oooo i loved it.

Imagine how cool it would be to see NTT's across the platform frome each other at Queensboro Plaza on the (7) and (N)ovember/

(W)hisky, if some of those "rumors" prove true about NTT's on the (7) when CBTC comes. That would be one hell of a shot.

Imagine how cool it would be to see NTT's across the platform frome each other at Queensboro Plaza on the (7) and (N)ovember/

(W)hisky, if some of those "rumors" prove true about NTT's on the (7) when CBTC comes. That would be one hell of a shot.

Theres something blocking the spot now. So that photo opt will never happen....

Archived