R160s on (M) line starting on monday

trainfan22

Lots of the old timers don't want the R 160 because its still new to them and everything is being recorded on the black boxes which will tell on you.

However I like those train and my C/R does too. I am just use them since I operate those trains on the (L) Line.

So your telling me you'd take a R160 or any NTT over older BETTER equipment?

So your telling me you'd take a R160 or any NTT over older BETTER equipment?

In a heartbeat, already have thats another reason why i came to the B Div so i can get a chance and operate the R160's.

I do my Job correct so i have no problems whatsoever..

I work the (N)ovember and yesterday there was only 4 R68's(No R68A's) on that Line all the rest was either Siemens or Alstom R160's..

On a side note no R40M's or Slant R40's has been on the (W)iskey for two weeks now, just R68's or R68A's..

As a T/O I love the R143/R160 because the train does what I want it to do. The train is also faster then the older equipment. The R42's are so sluggish it not funny. They operate the worst out of all the older Equipment.

You know I was thinking about leaving the (M) because of those wrok horse jobs they got next pick but since it will be 100% R160 in 2 months I'm thinking about staying. I personally like the (J)(Z) better but to deal with R 42's all day I can't do it any more.

In a heartbeat, already have thats another reason why i came to the B Div so i can get a chance and operate the R160's.

I do my Job correct so i have no problems whatsoever..

I work the (N)ovember and yesterday there was only 4 R68's(No R68A's) on that Line all the rest was either Siemens or Alstom R160's..

On a side note no R40M's or Slant R40's has been on the (W)iskey for two weeks now, just R68's or R68A's..

Wow, I remember last time I was back home and had a chance to ride around, it was like a rewind to the 90's...saw a lot of slants on the (W)hisky, R68's on the (N)ovember, guess those NTT's are getting back out on the road in a hurry...

What's the make up of the (B)ravo these days? Are the slants disappearing and more R68's now?

Wow, I remember last time I was back home and had a chance to ride around, it was like a rewind to the 90's...saw a lot of slants on the (W)hisky, R68's on the (N)ovember, guess those NTT's are getting back out on the road in a hurry...

What's the make up of the (B)ravo these days? Are the slants disappearing and more R68's now?

Theres only like one or two sets of R68s on the (:D. Theres still a lot of slants on the (:D line though.....

As a T/O I love the R143/R160 because the train does what I want it to do. The train is also faster then the older equipment. The R42's are so sluggish it not funny. They operate the worst out of all the older Equipment.

You know I was thinking about leaving the (M) because of those wrok horse jobs they got next pick but since it will be 100% R160 in 2 months I'm thinking about staying. I personally like the (J)(Z) better but to deal with R 42's all day I can't do it any more.

The R143/160 are even faster than the slants? :confused:

The R143/160 are even faster than the slants? :confused:

Yeah I remember working the (W) leaving Union SQuare S/B the R 160 left the same time and made me look like I was standing still. The R 160 got better pick up speed but the R 40 Slaints have great braking. I wish I can operate a Slaint R 40 before they go out I love those trains as well. However these R42's I got issues with them.

Yeah I remember working the (W) leaving Union SQuare S/B the R 160 left the same time and made me look like I was standing still. The R 160 got better pick up speed but the R 40 Slaints have great braking. I wish I can operate a Slaint R 40 before they go out I love those trains as well. However these R42's I got issues with them.

I second that. It also depends if there is total clearance down the line, so sometimes the (W) slants might be a bit faster. So far the R160 is faster in most cases.

P.S. I've been noticing 8 R160 markings on the 6th Avenue line, similar to those along Broadway and 4th Avenue lines (for the (N) and (M)). They are spraypainted on to the flooring of the station.

P.S. I've been noticing 8 R160 markings on the 6th Avenue line, similar to those along Broadway/4th Avenue (for the (N) and (M)). They are spraypainted on to the flooring of the station.

Yes I've seen it at the 9th Street station on the 4th Avenue local.

Yeah they are doing that in a hurry in case they have to reroute a (M). All the (M) crew were issued a notice stating for any reason Control Center reroutes us VIA Sea Beach/ 95th st / 6 AVE /Bway we are told to let Control know we are operating R 160's since they have no conductors boards. The notice say if Control orders us to continue with the reroute we have to discharge and run light until we get back on the (M) Route. We are not to remain in service since the C/R will not have a board at the rerouted stations

P.S. I've been noticing 8 R160 markings on the 6th Avenue line, similar to those along Broadway and 4th Avenue lines (for the (N) and (M)). They are spraypainted on to the flooring of the station.

That's what I just noticed too. Except I was at Grand Street Station ((:) and (D) trains) and it was painted in orange spray paint.

Archived